integral

ChatGPT Come try it out

468 posts in this topic

Guys, I'm having problems with downloading ChatGPT. Can someone please explain how to?

Just wow. I asked chatGPT: Compare stage purple with stage beige of spiral dynamics, and this was the answer:

In the theory of spiral dynamics, the purple value system, also known as the "tribalistic" value system, is the first stage of human development. It is characterized by a focus on survival and the maintenance of social cohesion within a small group or community. Individuals at this stage tend to have a strong sense of belonging and loyalty to their group, and may place a high value on tradition and conformity. They may also have a strong belief in the supernatural, and may rely on rituals and superstitions to explain and cope with the world around them.

In contrast, the beige value system, also known as the "survivalistic" value system, is the most basic and fundamental level of human development. It is characterized by a focus on survival and the satisfaction of basic physical needs. At this stage, individuals are primarily concerned with obtaining food, shelter, and other resources necessary for survival. They may have a limited understanding of their environment and may rely on instinct and reflexive behaviors to navigate it.

While both the purple and beige value systems are concerned with survival, the purple value system represents a more advanced level of development, as it involves the formation of social groups and the development of shared beliefs and values. The beige value system, on the other hand, is focused solely on the satisfaction of basic physical needs and lacks the complex social and cultural elements that are present in the purple value system. It is important to note, however, that the theory of spiral dynamics is a theoretical construct and should not be taken as a definitive description of human development. Its validity and usefulness have been the subject of debate among researchers and practitioners.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

The smartest thing ever. 

Q: What are the similarities between cook-greuter’s impulsive stage, and spiral dynamics’ stage purple.

A: There are a few similarities between Cook-Grueter's impulsive stage and Spiral Dynamics' purple value system. Both stages are characterized by a focus on social connections and a strong sense of belonging to a group. In the impulsive stage, individuals are driven by their desire to belong and to fit in with their peer group. Similarly, in the purple value system, individuals place a high value on tradition and conformity and have a strong sense of loyalty to their group.

Both stages are also characterized by a reliance on instinct and emotion rather than reason and logic. In the impulsive stage, individuals may make decisions based on their immediate desires and may struggle with impulse control. Similarly, in the purple value system, individuals may rely on superstitions and rituals to explain and cope with the world around them.

It is important to note, however, that Cook-Grueter's ego development model and Spiral Dynamics' theory of human development are different theoretical frameworks and should not be conflated. They have different assumptions, goals, and applications, and should be considered separately

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Carl-Richard

Oh, is it free? Do I have to download anything?

No.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard

10 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

No.

So, I just register and sign up? Because it's telling me that I have to pay a monthly subscription, so...

@Danioover9000 Sign in/Sign up. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@KH2

42 minutes ago, KH2 said:

I looked it up and yes, it says Danioover9000 has to pay monthly subscription. Everyone else will get to try it for free

DUDE! I swear it's asking me to pay monthly. Am I on the right website???

@Carl-Richard

44 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

No what how!? Just do it.

https://chat.openai.com/chat

Okay, I clicked the hyper link, and it took me to a sign in and login page. I can't be bothered coming up with a new email, so I signed in with my google, sorted everything out, until it asked me to verify a code using my phone. Why? Will this add to my phone bill if I put my number in?

7 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Okay, I clicked the hyper link, and it took me to a sign in and login page. I can't be bothered coming up with a new email, so I signed in with my google, sorted everything out, until it asked me to verify a code using my phone. Why? Will this add to my phone bill if I put my number in?

There won't be any phone bills , they most likely ask for a mobile number to avoid bots and to make your account safer (2 step verification process).

Edited by zurew

6 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Will this add to my phone bill if I put my number in?

No, i think its a verification process, they are going to send you a code to enter. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Its programming skills are actually insanely impressive. And it can fix its mistakes if you point them out. Here I gave it really contrived instructions for a python program and it almost gets it right first try. I point out that it made a mistake, and it fixes it!!!

Its end solution is not exactly the nicest solution, but it's technically correct. And the fact it can fix mistakes if you point them out is exceptional.

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 20.02.27.png

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 20.02.56.png

@something_else

3 minutes ago, something_else said:

Its programming skills are actually insanely impressive. And it can fix its mistakes if you point them out. Here I gave it really contrived instructions for a python program and it almost gets it right first try. I point out that it made a mistake, and it fixes it!!!

Its end solution is not exactly the nicest solution, but it's technically correct. And the fact it can fix mistakes if you point them out is exceptional.

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 20.02.27.png

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 20.02.56.png

That's actually nice to know. I SUCK AT CODING! I had a side project of making a visual novel, but the coding was boring and repetitive. This is really good to know this very smart tin box can solve even coding stuff.

Now my ambitions of selling a A rated visual novel have reignited.

@zurew @integral

25 minutes ago, zurew said:

There won't be any phone bills , they most likely ask for a mobile number to avoid bots and to make your account safer (2 step verification process).

24 minutes ago, integral said:

No, i think its a verification process, they are going to send you a code to enter. 

Thank goodness, good to know I won't be charged for my phone.

I'M IN OPENAI! I'M IN THEIR HOME PAGE! What should my first question be?

16 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

What should my first question be?

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

21 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins