DemiNingen

Is it possible to be engulfed by ego? Point of no return

16 posts in this topic

I've been following a lot of various teachers, done some psychedelics and reached a higher understanding. However, in a sense, I feel like I've enlightened my ego. Just knowing that is one of the hardest burdens anyone could have. I feel like my own self, essence has been engulfed by an ego and there is no return to that original self. 

@DemiNingen

What not returning to original self means to you. After you have defined that to me then we can begin the inquiry.

Who told you that "others" are real?

Your original essence, the ability to imagine something on your own, to not "borrow" from others. It may sound like i'm talking about ego, but I think it's the contrary. Basically if you enlighten your ego, you become a narcissist and it feels like there is no way out of it. You'll constantly be riding on other people's energy, in a sense.

Another way to say it might be losing your mind. Or at least it feels like it. Like, if you wish to return to who you were it's gonna take a lot of courage and work.

@DemiNingen

I don't just get what you're trying to say, sorry. Maybe try writing longer response and really focus to how you express yourself, because right now your expression feels extremely messy at least for me.

Who told you that "others" are real?

One of the perils of psychedelics is what Carl Jung called "inflation."  I think this may be what you're experiencing.  I would not do any more psychedelics, and dedicate myself to humility and service to counteract the effects (it is doable.)

Edited by SeaMonster

On 11/12/2022 at 2:20 PM, DemiNingen said:

Your original essence, the ability to imagine something on your own, to not "borrow" from others. It may sound like i'm talking about ego, but I think it's the contrary. Basically if you enlighten your ego, you become a narcissist and it feels like there is no way out of it. You'll constantly be riding on other people's energy, in a sense.

Narcissism is a result of trauma/lack of love usually and a very dissociated state, but if you're acknowledging it it's probably not a full blown NPD case more likely BPD (but don't take me too serious there's very little info to go off of..), if that's what you're pointing us to. I would recommend therapy since you seem to be receptive.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

On 10/12/2022 at 8:40 PM, DemiNingen said:

I've been following a lot of various teachers, done some psychedelics and reached a higher understanding. However, in a sense, I feel like I've enlightened my ego. Just knowing that is one of the hardest burdens anyone could have. I feel like my own self, essence has been engulfed by an ego and there is no return to that original self. 

I don't know what are you talking about. the aim of this work is to dissolve the barriers of the ego and realize the infinite and become infinite. first once. then, at will, with meditation. make the walls so thin that it is easy to walk through them. the truth is very simple: we are an infinite mind creating this moment. the job is to open up to this truth  and realize it in the direct experience as often as is possible. everything else is stories

Unless psychedelics somehow aid you into bringing you to the point you have to experience your own humility of views and opinions of the 'experiences' of Truth, you have a lot to work on to pull yourself out of ignorance of what Truth is. “The tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao." - Tao Te Ching

So let's not get lost in the great egotistical elation and addiction into talking about the Truth and work on being Truth, here and now, this

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

On 10/12/2022 at 8:40 PM, DemiNingen said:

truth is not conceptual. It's something impossible to understand. it is something that manifests itself. what we do is prepare the ground for that to happen. 

@DemiNingen It’s actually good to inflate your ego first before you destroy it. In fact, it’s essential. It’s what I did before I became enlightened 3 years ago. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 12/11/2022 at 1:20 PM, DemiNingen said:

I’m not sure that this “original” essence actually exists in any real sense relating to you, the experiencer. 

You were taught almost everything you know by watching, hearing, experiencing, whatever. And what wasn’t taught was extrapolated from what you’ve already learned. Limited to no originality.

What of you is original? Outside of the exclusivity of being the only one that can be you… 

Gone

When you die, the mind dies. With the mind is dead, you return to non-returning

Edited by VincentArogya

Spiritual ego is def a major trap of this work, so be careful.

The solution to that is having genuine awakenings into no-self.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 12/20/2022 at 10:18 PM, VincentArogya said:

When you die, the mind dies. With the mind is dead, you return to non-returning

There is no death. In fact you are dead right now.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.