UDT

People are confused about sugar

13 posts in this topic

The same way as from the 1980s - 2000s people blamed fat and avoided fat like the plague, now people blame sugar and avoid sugar like the plague.

If you read one book about biochemistry, oxidative phosphorylation and the role of carbohydrates and systemic glycogen stores and stress and steroid hormone activity (as well as Para and sympathetic NS activity) you will stop harming yourself with zero sugar caloric restriction intermittent fasting bs just because some trendy mf sells you supplements and his/her "lifestyle".

Now what you do is you "healthy fast" yourself and end up with a disregulated metabolism, chronic high cortisol and sugar cravings satisfied by "cheat meals" to mcdummy oder chocolate cookie farmville

Nonsense 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Depends on what you mean by "sugar". If it's pure refined sugar, that's not good for you. But if it comes from fruits and natural sources then there is plenty of room for that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But if it comes from fruits

Too much fruit damages the liver (fructose), raise insulin and blood sugars and make you fat. I experience it myself, I used to feel shitty after eating too much fruit. I think fruit consumption should be minimal especially sweet ones, Something like a single orange a day only or half a manjo or a few dates. Vegetables much better than fruit. 

Edited by LSD-Rumi

I find this fear of fruits unjustified. If anything, people don't eat nearly enough of them. Generally speaking, be concerned not about eating too much fruits, but rather too much oreos and the like.

Haven't yet seen anyone who got fat by eating too much grapes or watermelon.

What would eating too much fruit be? How often, and for how long? Is it even sustainable in the long term?

Edited by UnbornTao

It's important to understand that not all sugars are created equal. Refined sugars, like those found in processed foods and sweets, can be harmful to our health in large quantities. On the other hand, fruits and other natural sources of sugar, like vegetables and whole grains, provide essential nutrients and fiber that can benefit our overall health. It's important to strike a balance and consume a variety of healthy foods, rather than restricting or eliminating any one type of food.

7 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Haven't yet seen anyone who got fat by eating too much grapes or watermelon (or any other fruit for that matter

I have seen it happen to my mom. She didn't had simple sugars but she couldn't lose weight, it turned out she was eating too much fruit. Fruits have literally simple glucose and fructose but on the other hand they have fibers, antioxidants and vitamins. I love fruit but their consumption should be minimal I think. 

8 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Too much fruit damages the liver

Too much of anything will kill you.

No one said you should eat too much fruit. You should eat just enough fruit, no more, no less.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm actually reading a book called 'Glucose Revolution' about this and I don't think its as simple as your making out from what the science shows

Essentially any sugar / starches / carbs (including fruit) causes the biggest glucose spikes, which is where the issues come in when people do this multiple times a day. 

She's not saying to eat fruit / carbs but just doing it in the best way for digestive health and maintaining a stable glucose throughout the day 

Which is to start meals with the Fibre (veggies), then fats / protein & finish with carbs where possible, or have some kind of Fibre based starter like a salad. 

Fruit / Sweet treats should be Dessert as this causes less of a spike, and not as snacks throughout the day. And, you can even add in movement after a meal to lessen the spike. 

Also, its kind of ironic I've been adding in the green starters before Morning Oats etc and you defo feel a lot fuller & have more sustained energy

I think a lot of things are a lot more nuanced, but a lot of people like black & white, especially with things like Nutrition & Exercise 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Well said,

Once controlled for weigh loss, low carb diets compared to high carb diets have no better long term outcomes and usually lead to decline in compliance as do most fad diets above 12 month threshold. 

Carbs are not the problem (all things being equal) 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

7 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I have seen it happen to my mom. She didn't had simple sugars but she couldn't lose weight, it turned out she was eating too much fruit. Fruits have literally simple glucose and fructose but on the other hand they have fibers, antioxidants and vitamins. I love fruit but their consumption should be minimal I think. 

How is it possible she was eating too much fruit? She was surely eating other more calorie dense foods as well, 20 bananas = 2000 calories that puts into perspective how difficult it is to overeat most fruits. I guess it could be possible if she ate a couple of watermelons a day.

I whole heartedly agree with this thread, I am currently pouring white table sugar on my fruit as well to compensate for the fact that most fruits available in my country are in poor, unripe condition and it gives me energy when I need it and helps me lower cortisol and relax when needed. I am currently on 90/5/5 carbs/protein/fat ratio and have been for a couple of weeks. Short term this feels amazing but personally I think it's sustainable longterm too.

White sugar is completely contaminate free witch is very very rare with food nowdays

16 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I see.

Still, the excessive weight wasn't initially caused by fruits.

On 10/12/2022 at 1:19 AM, UnbornTao said:

I see.

Still, the excessive weight wasn't initially caused by fruits.

The real cheatcode is to UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU CAN OVEREAT on, what you should PAIR WITH WHAT IN A MEAL, AND WHEN AND HOW TO EAT WHAT. 

It is not: this vs. that

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?