Majed

but leo if i master a new skill how do i make sure i can make money from it

37 posts in this topic

You can learn anything on the internet. The skill you want to master AND how to monetize it. Good luck!

On 6-12-2022 at 10:43 AM, Majed said:

@Leo Gura i mean i can hypothetically do engineering or programming at university and getting a good job. the problem is i won't be passionate about it and it's going to cost me in the long run. but if i'm going to pursue my passion let's say making music, i want it to work, i don't want be the broke artist with no money. i guess i should learn business, marketing and sales and take the life purpose course to figure it out.

You need a basis. Get a job, build skill on the side.

@Leo Gura alright then i guess, like you said, i would have to teach myself business and marketing as well as music making. man life is so inspiring, you can accomplish a lot by taking full responsibility for your life. thanks for your wisdom anyways :) 

@julienw truth but what's your alternative anyways ? i can't go about my life without having a long term plan, and i don't want to expect the bare minimum from myself, just have money to pay the bills and nothing else. so my plan is to first do programming to earn decent money, living conditions and independence, then putting the work in to break free from it through my creative original work. will it take 10 years ? yes but remember even for leo it took him a decade to align his life with actualized.org successfully. so yeah life requires you to be very resourceful. but the big thing is that each time you're solving your problems and getting closer to your ultimate life. after i get my programming job i will have freedom from my parents, money to do pick up and bang as many women as i wish, money to finance my creative endeavors and so forth... it's so fucking appealing 

You can't make sure. There are no guarantees. If you want a guarantee you go down the 9-5 rat race (I'm still part of that as well while building a small business on the side). 9-5 gives you guarantees and safety but drains your soul and makes you hate your life. But it is still 100 times easier than building your own thing. 

Once you choose to go solo that's when things get really hard. Like every dollar earned is a struggle and if you are not prepared to go through months without income and going through stages of doubting everything you once believed in and waking up in the middle of the night unhappy & frustrated with your lack of progress then this journey is not for you. You need to have a high tolerance for uncertainty and lack of achievement. 

But when it works it's the most fulfilling and beautiful thing there is. Second only to the birth of your child. 

But if you are passionate about something deep enough that you are willing to go all out and risk it anyway, it might work (or it might not). You need to find a strong motivation and desire within and return to that place regularly especially when things don't go well for you. Speaking from personal experience, trying to build a business and getting clients has been the most challenging (and often frustrating) thing in my life. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

13 hours ago, Michael569 said:

9-5 gives you guarantees and safety but drains your soul and makes you hate your life.

Careful. There are plenty of 9-5 jobs which people love. You just gotta find the right one.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I’ve recently been enjoying my 9-5. Though,, I am working towards my future escape 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Careful. There are plenty of 9-5 jobs which people love. You just gotta find the right one.

Japanese people are a good example of this. They love their daily stupid jobs and it feels nice tbh. Sometimes I feel I will be much happier with some stupid job, like making ramen or something :P

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Not a stupid job, a job you find meaningful. Jesus. This isn't rocket science. Although it could be.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura fair. Yes, you are right. Although in my experience such people are quite rare. Maybe I'm in the wrong circles being a corporate rat

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Just ask yourself, "What job do I find meaningful?"

And then fucking do it.

@Leo Gura is it okay to work in a job you don’t like to build capital to then launch your dream business ? 

Just now, Majed said:

@Leo Gura is it okay to work in a job you don’t like to build capital to then launch your dream business ? 

If you can avoid that, I would. If you have to in order to later be able to go for your passion, do it. There's a fine line between choosing wether or not to go for that approach, because you could become stuck in the capital building mode.

15 minutes ago, Majed said:

That's what I did and realistically what most people have to do.

It's not pleasant though.

Edited by Leo Gura

On 12/8/2022 at 9:18 PM, Leo Gura said:

Not a stupid job, a job you find meaningful. Jesus. This isn't rocket science. Although it could be.

If there was a like button, I would have hit it. I kind of like the fact that there isn't a like button. That is all. 

On 08/12/2022 at 10:30 AM, Michael569 said:

Once you choose to go solo that's when things get really hard. Like every dollar earned is a struggle and if you are not prepared to go through months without income and going through stages of doubting everything you once believed in and waking up in the middle of the night unhappy & frustrated with your lack of progress then this journey is not for you. You need to have a high tolerance for uncertainty and lack of achievement. 

preach O.oxD

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/