The Trap Of Believing You Will Ever Grasp Infinity Intellectually

52 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Awareness is just Absolute Truth.

Absolute Truth is self-aware.

What are you guys arguing about?

On 9/12/2022 at 11:52 AM, Leo Gura said:

On 9/12/2022 at 0:16 PM, lxlichael said:

That is the problem with your explanations. Awareness is just a word, not the absolute truth. You explain everything like squares and lines, and reality is curvy 

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Awareness is just Absolute Truth.

Absolute Truth is self-aware.

What are you guys arguing about?

Lol that's what I have been saying....if you notice the argument is that other POV disagree. 

2 hours ago, axiom said:

There is no such thing as awareness. This applies “before” awakening, during any apparent state in which you can seem to *be* awareness, and “after” awakening.

No awareness, ever. It’s simply not a thing.

Axiom you are trapped. You have taken No-Self as an identity and denying it as an identity. The issue is you are not aware you have done this.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

21 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Lol that's what I have been saying....if you notice the argument is that other POV disagree. 

Axiom you are trapped. You have taken No-Self as an identity and denying it as an identity. The issue is you are not aware you have done this.

You've hit the nail on the thumb here.

Apparently.

2 hours ago, vladorion said:

That was a nice read. He summarises thus: 

Is there a place for awareness as a pointer? Yes! Again, it can be incredibly helpful to infer awareness to help loosen the identification with thoughts, emotions and sensations. It can help one realize a deep and quiet rest in the midst of whatever is arising. But somewhere along the way, if your investigation is diligent, you can go deeper. You can leave your training wheels behind and stop inferring the true existence of things that cannot be found.

This guy gets it. 

I would differ slightly, in that awareness doesn't seem to actually be a helpful pointer at all - at least not in terms of enlightenment - since it crystallises the paradigm of subject / object, and this then erroneously goes on to form the basis of all deeper inquiry (i.e. the idea that "absolute truth" is self-aware).

This is why the majority gets stuck on "awareness".

Ultimately, "awareness" is exposed as the ego's favourite Machiavellian story.

Apparently.

7 minutes ago, axiom said:

That was a nice read. He summarises thus: 

This guy gets it. 

I would differ slightly, in that awareness doesn't seem to actually be a helpful pointer at all - at least not in terms of enlightenment - since it crystallises the paradigm of subject / object, and this then erroneously goes on to form the basis of all deeper inquiry (i.e. the idea that "absolute truth" is self-aware).

This is why the majority gets stuck on "awareness".

Ultimately, "awareness" is exposed as the ego's favourite Machiavellian story.

This is just awareness saying there is no awareness. Which is funny. Ultimately "no awareness" is exposed as the ego's favourite Machiavellian story.

Because you can't expose anything....if there is no awareness!! You see? You see the game you play? Everything ultimately is just an identity game and all identities are relative. The Absolute just is.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@Razard86
What do you think about the following? During a meditation retreat I had a tiny peak into a state similar to what you'd call infinite intellectual abillity of some sort. It's similar to taking LSD and seeing all of the billions of connections possible. It was just not possible to stop it, the meditation teacher I talked to during the retreat told me IIRC that it's nothing, yet he also had difficulty identifying what I was saying. I practically had insights and thoughts based on just "collective consciouness" that I could re-trace on Wikipedia and found evidence, so to speak that what I thought was true. Mainly thoughts about humans have been created through biological evolution Yet it was so accelrated it was impossible to distinguish is this fantasy is this not fantasy. It felt like practically a higher dimension was there and at the sametime the delusion of the mind. 

Thoughts about states like this? I don't think "rationally understanding" infinity is possible, just with reading and working so to speak. Psychdelics and stuff is for me personally the biggest gateway into this. Anyway this was fully clean! Although I was in a deep state of depression I had visions sort of like this. 

https://www.science.org.au/curious/space-time/origins-life-earth

About human existence without me having the proper input contemplating ancient cultures and the like, I legit found out what my second name means after years, and I legit finally want to test my D.N.A based on health reasons. 

I even received a MRT and they could not evaluate the data, ironically because more "medicore sized medical evaluation technology" was missing. I also was with a psychologist, nobody gave me an explanation, especially since I was forced to do ask the teacher publically, and he mentions in audioboks having NN-DMT like phenomena. IIRC. This is called Makyio in Japan which means something like gold&metal and your not supposed to speak about it. Although I feel times should change...  

Edit: I also had a lot of delusional thought and that was very intense, it was difficult to ignore context and just go on with the experience. The more I bought into the delusion the more schizophrenic I became. The less I bought into it the more revelatory was the experience. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

7 hours ago, vladorion said:

Awareness is not a "thing". These nonduality teachers are teaching bullshit.

You are Consciousness. Consciousness is Absolute Truth. The end.

It is a mistake to try to do some reductionist deconstruction of your conscious field, trying seperate out perceptions from "awareness". That will not result in God-Realization. These people do not know what God is. They are parroting nondual dogma that they have brainwashed themselves with.

Nonduality is just brainwashing at this point.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Just to play deveil's advocate, do you hold awareness and consciousness as the same, as many other "gurus" seem to, or do you make a distinction between them? What is awareness?

I've been noticing in my experience that perhaps, relatively speaking, they're not the same.

17 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

@Leo Gura Just to play deveil's advocate, do you hold awareness and consciousness as the same, as many other "gurus" seem to, or do you make a distinction between them? What is awareness?

I've been noticing in my experience that perhaps, relatively speaking, they're not the same.

Stop complicating things.

There can only exist ONE thing ever. It is everything you see. Call it whatever you want. But it has to be ONE, with no other.

When you say there is awareness and also consciousness, that's two things. So you know it must be wrong.

Edited by Leo Gura

Technically speaking pure formless consciousness/awareness is nothing, so you will never "find it" as a thing so to speak.

Nothing is aware of everything.

Even more directly:

Nothing = Everything

So of course you cannot seperate them out.

When you are Awake and you look at a chair, you see the chair as Absolute Truth, self-illuminating.

Eventually you will see that chair itself as Nothing.

Edited by Leo Gura

9 hours ago, axiom said:

No awareness, ever. It’s simply not a thing.

I agree, it's not a thing. It is beyond everything, and within everything. I am not referring to human awareness, but to the essence of God. Call it whatever you want, no word does it justice.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.