2xj_m

Do you become less funny as you enter Tier 2?

10 posts in this topic

As the title says, just curious if advancing on the Spiral Dynamics stages affects how funny you are? Have any of you who are Tier 2 noticed anything like this?

Not necessarily 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I think there's the potential to become more funny, because you're not as strongly tied to any side you can see different perspectives and also you can see the funny side to them all. Things are no longer 'sacred' and your take on them is more loose. 

With green or orange they hold their particular ideology as sacred and you can't make jokes about them, which adds a certain tightness about them which is not the best condition for humour. 

The humor becomes more subtle because addiction to lower level emotions of Tier 1 living become less prevalent. The bipolar and manic emotional swings that come along with excessive attachment to the mind are replaced with a more balanced peace of mind that comes with present moment awareness and being, generally speaking.

Edited by sholomar

No you actually become more funny. Tier 2 has the ability to 'Zoom out' of situations.

What is humor?

Humor is the ability to laugh at things that the survival-mind takes seriously. Have you ever noticed that some of the funniest things involve laughing at the troubles, boundaries, and inconveniences of the ego-mind. Humor is a form of transcendence. That's why tier 2 would actually have more access to humor as it also has more access to transcendence.

In my experience, (as someone who's top strength is humor), you actually get funnier the more awake and developed you become.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

7 hours ago, Consept said:

I think there's the potential to become more funny, because you're not as strongly tied to any side you can see different perspectives and also you can see the funny side to them all. Things are no longer 'sacred' and your take on them is more loose. 

With green or orange they hold their particular ideology as sacred and you can't make jokes about them, which adds a certain tightness about them which is not the best condition for humour. 

This is a great point.

I’m a big fan of stand up comedy. Especially comics who aren’t afraid to get edgy and talk about controversial topics like race, gender, sex, etc.

One of the things you’ll see all the time in stand up is when an artist makes a particularly raunchy joke, a lot of people will die laughing while some people will get really stern faces or even leave the venue. 

Those are the people with “sacred” ideologies. It’s mostly just tier one that has that reaction. Once you move to tier two you lose the judgmental attitude to everything that tier one has and then you’re freed to laugh at more things.

So i would argue you actually become more funny & have a deeper appreciation for humor at tier 2 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

Nah. If anything usually the higher the stage the more capacity for humor lol.

Define funniness. Funny to you is not funny to another. 

In Tate we trust

1 minute ago, StarStruck said:

Define funniness. Funny to you is not funny to another. 

Do you not even have a general idea of what being funny entails?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Do you not even have a general idea of what being funny entails?

No I don’t. You got me. 

In Tate we trust