Leo Gura

Elon Musk Twitter Trainwreck Mega-Thread

548 posts in this topic

Kanye west is suspended from twitter for incitement to violence. 

Lol.

What Musk will learn -- is what I learned from 7 years of moderating this forum -- is that people who cause the most trouble and get warnings NEVER correct their behavior, have no remorse, and will continue to sour your community if you give them 2nd and 3rd chances.

Which is why Musk's idea to unban all the banned Twitter accounts is the single worst idea he's ever had. All those people will return and simply double-down on their toxic posting. All those bans are what keep Twitter a place normies can tolerate visiting.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 2022-12-01 at 9:34 AM, Hatfort said:

@Hatfort Oh, new TLDR video that I haven't seen! Love TLDR:D

:D

Twitter might also turn into a better place because of Elon. You can never tell. Banning Ye is one baby step. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Tyler Robinson

16 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Twitter might also turn into a better place because of Elon. You can never tell. Banning Ye is one baby step. 

I agree, let's pressure Biden to release all the inmates, the rapists, the pedophiles, necrophiles, the cannibals, the mass shooters, thieves, murderers, drug sellers, all of them into the public. Let's unban them all and bring them back into society, because we are a society violating their freedom of speech.

1 minute ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Tyler Robinson

I agree, let's pressure Biden to release all the inmates, the rapists, the pedophiles, necrophiles, the cannibals, the mass shooters, thieves, murderers, drug sellers, all of them into the public. Let's unban them all and bring them back into society, because we are a society violating their freedom of speech.

But he banned Ye. So that's a good thing. I don't think Kanye West is such a bad guy. But he could be a phony since Jared Kushner invested in his company so that could have prompted him to support Trump. It cannot be simply for attention. Ye might be looking forward to widening his right wing base with his antics, maybe he wants to be a republican candidate or start something like Alex Jones channel. But he is onto something. Also I liked how he denounced Balenciaga, it's in the news and it's the worst thing right now. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

1 minute ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Tyler Robinson Why did he ban him exactly? what did he do? 

It seems he violated some guidelines relating to incitement of violence. Elon tweeted about it. 

♡✸♡.

1 hour ago, Tyler Robinson said:

It seems he violated some guidelines relating to incitement of violence. Elon tweeted about it. 

Yeah, I read the tweet but I am wondering what did he exactly say or do? 

What's gonna with Twitter is Musk will blow a bunch of hot air about free speech, but then reality will set it for him and he will be forced to return to the moderation policies which all major platforms have, because they are just good for business. And so this whole saga will just drama over nothing. It's gonna take Musk a few years to learn all these lessons publically and reinvent the wheel. Meanwhile a bunch of stupidity and cringe will happen.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Twentyfirst Pat has been smoking that capitalism crack.

Musk will be lucky if Twitter doesn't go bankrupt.

Twitter ain't not Tesla or SpaceX. Twitter's business-model is just fundamentally bad.

YouTube isn't worth anything like $1 trillion, and YT is way better monetized and managed than Twitter.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Twentyfirst Pat has been smoking that capitalism crack.

Musk will be lucky if Twitter doesn't go bankrupt.

Twitter ain't not Tesla or SpaceX. Twitter's business-model is just fundamentally bad.

YouTube isn't worth anything like $1 trillion, and YT is way better monetized and managed than Twitter.

Yeah, Twitter's business model was not working before, but I think it had a chance. However, now it has an extra hole of 44 billion plus the interest that Elon has paid for it with loans. It is also struggling with advertisers at the moment, lost millions desperately needed in weeks. But we'll see, it's still a huge platform and that's power.

SpaceX's business model is, my private company does the work the government used to do with NASA before, but now to projects' expenses I have to charge the money I add to my own pocket and my shareholder's pockets. It's a good model for private big pockets, not for taxpayers' where the money came from before and still comes from now.

Tesla was a good business model as well. Electric cars are a good thing, but now he got in the shoes of Twitter. Does it change anything? Well, it could be, because Tesla buyers were people with money, but with some concern about the environment, so in general leaning to the left. Elon has placed himself unequivocally in the right, so it could repeal his potential clients of Tesla. Also, one of the marks of Tesla was not to advertise because the product was so good that didn't need it. But the man is begging companies to advertise on his platform and give him money now. If I was a big company owner, and I'm sure they know who they are in their rich people circles, I'd tell Elon I wouldn't advertise in his company now and do it somewhere else instead. In fact, without having to tell him anything. Mike Lindell can advertise his pillows though.

Tesla is also a great business model as it has a little big help from daddy state in the form of subsidies. Yeah, everyone is paying for those cars, whether you drive them or not. Oh, for the cars and for the dividends for the Tesla owner and shareholders. I almost forgot to mention that.

Edited by Hatfort

@Leo Gura Why do you think Elon dragged himself into this mess? Was he just fucking around and then was forced to buy twitter? 

8 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Leo Gura Why do you think Elon dragged himself into this mess? Was he just fucking around and then was forced to buy twitter? 

Like everyone else, his brain has been rotted by social media.

No one is immune.

@LSD-Rumi

On 2022-12-04 at 1:02 PM, LSD-Rumi said:

@Tyler Robinson Why did he ban him exactly? what did he do? 

For posting the black version of this image:

192px-Raelian_symbol.svg.png

In context of what was lately happening to Kanye West, his talking and behavior and bragging and flagrance of racism, antisemitism and Narcissism, him posting this image in Twitter wasn't appropriate. Especially after he declared his love of Hitler, that Hitler and the Nazi party also did good things, whilst rambling on other religious and political talking points in his partly manic bipolar disordered way. 

In any other context, especially historical and spiritual this is a pretty deeply meaningful image, as the Swastik image and the star of David have very similar denotations of world peace, love and holiness in the absolute sense. That's until we include relativity, stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types and ego development, states of consciousness, life experiences and other lines of development, worldviews, beliefs, ideologies and indoctrinations culturally, that most people that are conservatively minded and even liberally minded people, despite whatever type of minds they have, will end up misinterpreting and corrupting the spiritual meaning of these symbols.

@LSD-Rumi

9 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Likely bad intel and misinformed decision making. Shame he's messing about with Twitter when he should be 100% focused on SpaceX and Tesla, designing in the next cleaner energy systems or how the hell are we going to colonize Mars.

9 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Why do you think Elon dragged himself into this mess? Was he just fucking around and then was forced to buy twitter? 

It’s quite possible that he’s naive enough to believe that free speech is actually a possibility today. A lot of people in the tech world really believe in that sort of mushy libertarianism. It’s also possible that he is part of an undeclared right-wing counter-elite (which might involve the likes of Peter Thiel, other potential elites who would benefit from a resurgence of right-wing populism, and maybe even Trump) who intend to overthrow the current establishment. Throughout history, this is generally how revolutions have happened: counter-elites and the people teaming up against the established elite. For example, in the French Revolution the monarchy were the established elite, the Philosophes and various Masonic lodges were the counter-elite, who promulgated the propaganda and ideological justification for revolt, and the people were, as they always are, the people…

I also like Leo’s idea that he’s just another brain-rotted clown. He does spend most of his time on Twitter sharing memes and “owning” people…

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Like everyone else, his brain has been rotted by social media.

No one is immune.

@Leo Gura He’s become a right-wing nut job. I left when he let neo-nazis back to twitter.  

2 minutes ago, JTL said:

@Leo Gura He’s become a right-wing nut job. I left when he let neo-nazis back to twitter.  

Capitalists gonna capitalize ;)