julienw

Solipsism Video Leo Removed

10 posts in this topic

Hey all, 100% not trying to stir up controversy or drama here. I'm genuinely curious about the backstory of the Solipsism video that Leo chose to remove. I didn't see it or even know it had been posted until Leo's blog post that he deleted it. What was it about and what was the need for removing it? 

he felt people were not ready for it as it is apparently a touchy subject for many ..

@julienw

1 minute ago, julienw said:

Hey all, 100% not trying to stir up controversy or drama here. I'm genuinely curious about the backstory of the Solipsism video that Leo chose to remove. I didn't see it or even know it had been posted until Leo's blog post that he deleted it. What was it about and what was the need for removing it? 

It was too dangerous, and too redundant. Also happened soon after a user here committed suicide using spiritual justifications, so that and most people misunderstanding and misinterpreting his video led to it getting taken down.

@Danioover9000 @Siedah Gotcha, makes sense. It's just wild to me because I feel like it must have been up for like, what 12 hours? Less? It's hard to believe people had such an immediate and roundly negative response to the video, but alas. I'm sure it was for the best. But to be honest I'm still curious about what he says in there...

I don't think there was a negative response to the video. Leo just decided on his own the video shouldn't be up.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

You can still find it if you look up on youtube "Leo gura Solipsism"

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

There is only one conscious being in existence who suffers. Me. That's the jist of the video. Nobody else is real , ie has an internal awareness.

@Siedah Explained it

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.