Twinstar

What's the purpose of this dream?

17 posts in this topic

Why is Reality trying to know itself? Is there something that it wants to accomplish with this knowledge? Is the singularity trying to figure out how it was created in order to create another singularity or just to connect and fall in love with itself? Are there other singularities that it can access and connect with, or are those dreamt up as well? 

I don't expect anyone to actually answer these, but any insights could be helpful. Just need someone to point me in the right direction because I have way too many questions that I have no idea how to answer. Thanks in advance for any help.

46 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

it can't help it. God is Inevitable. Infinity can only be infinite, Love can only be all-loving, Being can only be... And it is its own point, there is nothing outside of it to achieve, cause it is everything. 

@Judy2 how do you know that it can only be? There isn't a higher purpose behind being than to just be? I feel like there's so much wasted potential there.

To Love 

and thinking this is not it, there must be "something" other or "greater" will keep you lost.
and it's okay to be lost, you'll be lost enough time until you get sick of being lost 

Why would reality need a purpose? Why can't it just be the way it is? Wouldn't that be the most efficient solution, as you'd arrive right at the being-part without any extra steps in-between.

In the end, the idea of "purpose" is just a finite concept. An idea of the mind. I can't tell if there is some truth to that concept, maybe there actually is some purpose out there, but for now I'd try to direct the question back at yourself: Why do you care whether there is a purpose or not? Would it be a bad thing if there was non and why? What difference would it make to you? Would it change how you lived your life?

beep boop

24 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Why do you care whether there is a purpose or not? Would it be a bad thing if there was non and why? What difference would it make to you? Would it change how you lived your life?

@DefinitelyNotARobot 

Why do I care whether there is a purpose or not? I care because a sense of purpose provides a sense of direction. I guess I'm just wondering why the universe would exist just to exist, as opposed to existing with the purpose of growing and further developing itself, or existing in order to achieve something. Why expand randomly in all directions as opposed to following some method/purpose? Is there not a higher design of some sort that God has set for itself?

Would it be a bad thing if there wasn't a purpose? I don't think that a purpose, or a lack there of, is a good thing or a bad thing. To be honest, it probably makes no difference whatsoever whether one exists or not. It would just be nice to know if existance leads towards anything, or if it just exists because it can.

What difference would it make to me? It would just satisfy my personal curiosity.

Would it change the way I live my life? Not externally, but I could internally better align my values and beliefs. It would hopefully add to my understanding of reality.

@Twentyfirst the purpose behind being is to be... I could see that, reality behaving in a strange loop. That's my current understanding of it, I'm just wondering if there's more to it.

@Gabith I agree that reality is meant to Love, but it that all it's meant to do? Perhaps I am just running in circles and will eventually see Love is the only point, but I'd like to think that you can Love and still do more.

@Judy2 Maybe "wasted potential" wasn't the best way for me to word it. My question is more of what will God do once it has created and existed through everything. It has gathered all of this information about itself, it has experienced every possible outcome it could ever dream up, then what? What will it do with the information and experience?

Edited by Twinstar

I would say that human existence is a kind of laboratory, a labyrinth of rats. they put the rat in a difficult situation with hundreds of possibilities to be wrong, and the rat must find a way out. the way out is to reach total openness, total love, total transcendece. The chances of ending up in a dead end are enormous, but when the rat reaches the end of the maze, it is seen that there was no other option than this

@Breakingthewall I see it as a maze. There are mutiple distractions that the rat can fall trap to, and it can waste it's potential on those meaningless distractions. But if it is able to push past those distractions, it's able to find the treasure hidden at the heart of the maze. That treasure is self-realization, which required total openess, total love, and total transcendence to reach. But then what? What's the rat to do after it reaches the end?

Whatever you want it to be.

Create stuff.

Appreciating the beauty around you.

Exploration of "Being-ness".

Love.

Growth.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Just now, Twinstar said:

@Breakingthewall I see it as a maze. There are mutiple distractions that the rat can fall trap to, and it can waste it's potential on those meaningless distractions. But if it is able to push past those distractions, it's able to find the treasure hidden at the heart of the maze. That treasure is self-realization, which required total openess, total love, and total transcendence to reach. But then what? What's the rat to do after it reaches the end?

nothing. the rat should just surrender completely. then she will see that there was no labyrinth. the labyrinth was her

the purpose of this dream is to tune a sophisticated instrument to perfect harmony. it is not god-realization. realizing god is a means, not an end. taking realizing god as an end is pride and ego, and we'll see where it leads. the goal is to forge a perfect instrument that plays perfect music. the instrument must know its place and fold, humble itself

@Twinstar Consciousness (Being) wants to know itself better.  First it has to figure out it's the only thing that exists.  Consciousness gets bored of being formless and wants to experience itself as a form (with a name and back story).  It's an ever present No Thing that likes to switch things up for eternity.

On 10/16/2022 at 4:34 PM, Breakingthewall said:

it is not god-realization. realizing god is a means, not an end. taking realizing god as an end is pride and ego, and we'll see where it leads. the goal is to forge a perfect instrument that plays perfect music. the instrument must know its place and fold, humble itself

@Breakingthewalll think I get where you're coming from. That instrument analogy really helped, thank you! Now it's time to work past my own pride, ego, and delusions.

@Twentyfirst touché, it is a singularity after all.

@Ramu I guess I'm just still baffled at why the universe would ever get bored with itself, and why it would want to limit it own powers. But that's all coming from my neurotic human brain that can't fully grasp the notion of infinity. My neurotic brain that thinks there must be a higher purpose behind all of it beside just Fun and Love. 

@Twinstar it gets bored of unlimited power after awhile and goes to form for a challenge.  Somewhat glib, but that's the simplest way I can explain that facet of consciousness.  You wouldn't be challenged by a video game if you had all the cheat codes.  You'd get bored.?

@Ramu so perhaps it's dreaming up these realities simply to challenge and better itself. Maybe the universe is trying to self actualize to some extent.

On 10/16/2022 at 7:21 PM, Twinstar said:

Why is Reality trying to know itself? Is there something that it wants to accomplish with this knowledge?

Imagine that you could download in you, a skill like being a Picasso-level painter, like Neo got to know Kung-fu in Matrix movie.

Suddenly, you would tell yourself  'I am a genius painter!!!'. You would feel it inside your core.

So, what would be the infinite urge inside you to do? Manifest the newly acquired skill. Paint.

If you don't manifest it, you don't really know it. You want to see what you are capable of in order to understand yourself, and for that, you need something to paint on that is not you. Therefore, existence.