Afonso

Not Excited Anymore

9 posts in this topic

All my friends and family tell me that I'm much more calm and not alive as I used to be. Since I started personal development and meditating, I've become more relaxed throughout my day. Before, I used to get all pumped up and speak a lot, scream, dance, do a lot of stupid shit at school, make a lot of jokes, being all over the place.

Now, I find myself to be more centered and less excited. Is this something to expect from Meditation and Shadow Work?

It's not that I feel bad or sad, therefore I'm calmer. It's just that it's my normal state now.

That's all fakery. Good riddance. Enjoy the calm of Truth.

But don't take life too seriously either.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Before, I used to get all pumped up and speak a lot, scream, dance, do a lot of stupid shit at school, make a lot of jokes, being all over the place.

A lot of people only do all of that in order to mask their hidden sadness, the void they don't want to face, not because it is natural to them.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Similar situation here. I used to look forward to fun social situations and getting pissed so much, but now I don't even crave that shit at all. Abstaining from booze isn't even hard anymore.

Keep going, keep going. This seems to be the right way to go forward. Coming to your ground state.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

4 hours ago, Afonso said:

All my friends and family tell me that I'm much more calm and not alive as I used to be. Since I started personal development and meditating, I've become more relaxed throughout my day. Before, I used to get all pumped up and speak a lot, scream, dance, do a lot of stupid shit at school, make a lot of jokes, being all over the place.

Now, I find myself to be more centered and less excited. Is this something to expect from Meditation and Shadow Work?

It's not that I feel bad or sad, therefore I'm calmer. It's just that it's my normal state now.

Exactly the same has happened to me. People say that i'm so passive now. I was very silly. Maybe I just need attention a lot less than I used to. It's a good thing.

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

It's also bothering them, they don't want you to change, classic group homeostasis at play.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them