Tyler Robinson

What exactly happens on 5meo?

22 posts in this topic

Never heard much about 5meo except this place. 

Has anyone tried it? I guess some of you have. 

What was your first experience like? Any thoughts/things you remember? Or any negative experiences. 

I'm curious. What does 5meo do? 

Please no vague/quirky answers. Cut straight to the point. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

I do Bufo Alvarius rather than synthetic 5-meo.  But straight to the point for me.  It goes to the present moment.  Unlike other psychedelics which keep me in the mind with visions and stories, Bufo takes me outside the mind and into the silence.  There is no voice or sense of "I".   On the coming down part of the journey there can be insights, catharsis and a deep sense of gratitude.  

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Ok thanks. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

@Tyler Robinson hmmm, a sense of presence and now that is so unshakable and raw that all you can do it say “Thank you”

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 meo takes me to absolute zero, it erases anything. there is absolutely nothing, zero. At first it is really horrible, since you are not there either. reality is absolute nothingness. this can lead to a feeling of absolute absence and death that is not fun to experience. I'd say it's total horror. but if the void is held long enough, it deepens. that is, the void perceives itself as unlimited. at that moment, the revelation takes place. Infinity. the void, that is, you, expands and encompasses infinity, if it can be explained that way, since it is unfathomable. you recognize yourself as the total infinity. Total freedom. what you always were. the sacred source that flows from the depths of nothing. Total joy. total love. enlightenment. 

the prodigal son was lost but has come home. Nothing, not even your wildest dreams of glory, comes remotely close to the hallelujah of absolute freedom.

Edited by Breakingthewall

Seems you tried LSD. It's kind of like 100 LSD hits compressed into an extremely powerful 20 minutes (can almost be like a blackout, but more aptly described as a whiteout), but without the visuals. I think that's a fine way to describe it. But it's indescribable. Psychedelics each have a different character, and LSD has some overlap with 5meo, ime. Very intense physical sensation, relative to something like mushrooms or n,n-dmt.

Edited by The0Self

21 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Never heard much about 5meo except this place. 

Has anyone tried it? I guess some of you have. 

What was your first experience like? Any thoughts/things you remember? Or any negative experiences. 

There's a whole mega-thread on 5me0 you may want to check out.

23 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

5-MeO-DMT is a neurotransmitter-like molecule with a very similar structure to melatonin, which derives most of its characteristic effects by docking at various serotonin sub-receptor cites, particularly 5HT1a, and consequentially, it absolutely obliterates the sense of self in space and time. It's considered a part of the substance class of classical psychedelics, as it mediates most of its effects by working on the aforementioned receptor system, but it's atypical in its selectivity for the 5HT1a sub-receptor and its relatively low affinity for 5HT2a, which explains its relative lack of psychedelic visuals that are otherwise so characteristic of classical psychedelics. It's well-known for consistently producing experiences of complete and utter ego death without much of the visual circus of N'N-DMT which it is often compared to in terms of its intense and short-acting nature.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

5-MeO-DMT is a neurotransmitter-like molecule with a very similar structure to melatonin, which derives most of its characteristic effects by docking at various sub-receptor cites at the serotonin receptor, particularly 5HT1a, and consequentially, it absolutely obliterates the sense of self in space and time. It's considered to be a part of the class of classical psychedelics, as it mediates most of its effects by working on the aforementioned receptor system, but it's atypical in its selectivity for the 5HT1a sub-receptor and its relatively low affinity for 5HT2a, which explains its relative lack of psychedelic visuals that are otherwise so characteristic of classical psychedelics. It's well-known for consistently producing experiences of complete and utter ego death without much of the visual circus of N'N-DMT which it is often compared to in terms of its intense and short-acting nature.

Are these effects(in the brain) temporary or permanent? 

♡✸♡.

1 hour ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Are these effects(in the brain) temporary or permanent? 

5-MeO-DMT is notorious for so-called "reactivations" (a type of flashback) where you re-experience some of the effects, often while falling asleep, but these often subside within a short time span. I don't know much about it, but I haven't heard about permanent reactivations. On the other hand, it can completely alter how you experience other psychedelics in the future, and I think that is more or less permanent. That said, all psychedelics tend to cause lasting changes to the individuals who take them, and the brain is just a reflection of the individual, so it surely causes changes to the brain, but so does anything.

Edited by Carl-Richard

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

5-MeO-DMT is notorious for so-called "reactivations" (a type of flashback) where you re-experience some of the effects, often while falling asleep, but these often subside within a short time span. I don't know much about it, but I haven't heard about permanent reactivations, at least not to the same degree. On the other hand, it can completely alter how you experience other psychedelics in the future, and I think that is more or less permanent. That said, psychedelics tend to cause lasting changes to the individuals who take them, and the brain is just a reflection of the individual, so it surely causes changes to the brain, but so does anything.

How are you supposed to function normally if there are permanent changes to the brain? 

♡✸♡.

Just now, Tyler Robinson said:

How are you supposed to function normally if there are permanent changes to the brain? 

Many things cause permanent changes to the brain. That doesn't mean it's a pathological change.

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

Many things cause permanent changes to the brain. That doesn't mean it's a pathological change.

If your sensory perceptions are altered permanently then how can you perceive anything around you the way you used to before? Wouldn't that lead to fuck ups? 

♡✸♡.

19 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

causes permanent changes. once a breakthrough has occurred, your mind will not be the same, it will lose rigidity. once the solid barriers of the ego have been pulverized, they rise again, but you, the individual, have realized for the first time in your existence that they can be vaporized and that there is existence without their support. those barriers will still be there, but your subconscious has received a clear message: they are not set in stone. in fact they are not real

Edited by Breakingthewall

11 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

If your sensory perceptions are altered permanently then how can you perceive anything around you the way you used to before? Wouldn't that lead to fuck ups? 

Your sensory perceptions will return to normal, just like it did after you took LSD. The lasting change happens on a more subtle level, e.g. on the level of temperament or worldview. You can't be permanently stuck in a trip. When the drug is out of your system, it is out of your system. Leo experienced being a psychedelic mouse earlier this week, but he is no longer a mouse :D 

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Your sensory perceptions will return to normal, just like it did after you took LSD. The lasting change happens on a more subtle level, e.g. on the level of temperament or worldview. You can't be permanently stuck in a trip. When the drug is out of your system, it is out of your system. Leo experienced being a psychedelic mouse earlier this week, but he is no longer a mouse :D 

I see. Interesting. 

I felt like the colors appeared brighter. And when I was close to a wall it appeared like it was moving away. I couldn't figure out the exact distance between myself and the wall. 

But it all went back to normal the next day. So that was okay. I guess this is my favorite drug now.. 

♡✸♡.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

I felt like the colors appeared brighter. And when I was close to a wall it appeared like it was moving away. I couldn't figure out the exact distance between myself and the wall. 

I once walked into a vacant and brightly lit, modern pedestrian tunnel during the night while on LSD, and it felt like going through a wormhole. The perception of length and width was completely wonky and as if space was warping around me.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

I once walked into a vacant and brightly lit, modern pedestrian tunnel during the night while on LSD, and it felt like going through a wormhole. The perception of length and width was completely wonky and as if space was warping around me.

Beautiful. It does take me to lala land. Feels good when that happens. I end up laughing at myself. 

♡✸♡.

My first experience with high-dose 5-meo was very similar to what @Breakingthewall described. It launched me instantly into an absolute void space, where I realized the one infinite consciousness that had been dreaming the world into existence. I then had the option (or seemed to) to stay there, or "speak" the world back into existence, which I ultimately did, knowing I'd return (and never really leave), affirming all of existence as the building blocks of the universe reestablished "reality."

That was the subjective experience, anyway. Subsequent experiences were never as intense, but for a while I could sort of tap into that state a little by focusing on remembering it. The experience, though temporary, gave me the motivation to focus on remembering that reality in my daily life, though that's a whole other bag of worms. But very valuable for that, and it still motivates me for insight practices. It also helped me finally understand the Tibetan Book of the Dead a little bit haha

I will say, I had an acquaintance who did it in the same ritual context as me (we each blasted off one at a time), and she had a similar experience, but it severely disturbed her. I saw her months later she still had a sort of deer in headlights look, and kept talking about the experience like an object of abstract supernatural horror. Another dude had the experience and thought he (i.e., his ego as opposed to his fundamental being) was the ultimate consciousness, and got totally inflated and a pain to be around.

So even though the experience can be fairly universal, individual's responses to it can really vary. 

58 minutes ago, Riley H said:

I will say, I had an acquaintance who did it in the same ritual context as me (we each blasted off one at a time), and she had a similar experience, but it severely disturbed her. I saw her months later she still had a sort of deer in headlights look, and kept talking about the experience like an object of abstract supernatural horror. Another dude had the experience and thought he (i.e., his ego as opposed to his fundamental being) was the ultimate consciousness, and got totally inflated and a pain to be around.

Which is why it is important to be ready or grown enough before going on such a ride. Not all ego's can't stand such a direct and all encompassing experience of the truth. This can be very destabilizing if you are not ready, and your entire perspective of reality has shattered.