Rasheed

Did Ken Wilber Actually Read 400 Books on His Bibliography

47 posts in this topic

I dunno I've read approx above 200+ books in my life including audiobooks here. Without counting online articles, videos, podcasts, online-courses, documentaries, infotainment,  learning app, edutainment courses(soft skills, psychology 101 etc.) etc. I talked to a couple of members at integral did not have the opportunity to meet Ken as I feel a strong connection towards his writting and experience as I am also a military kid.

I dunno the more I read the more I notice how knowledge is repetetive and execution can matter and at the sametime must not matter more than knowledge. Most of knowledge is memory so to speak if anything I experienced I had was based on omniscience. Wilber wrote about all of these states endlessly. As far as I know and observed he never took psychdelics and they generally had the slogan of unearned consciouness is valueless, the point is he also admits later and even earlier IIRC that these things have a lot of potential and can be used with caution etc. Just there is no hard evidence etc. I am saying thins with my own words. 

I do think knowledge is overrated nowadays with fast streamed information finding principles and paradigms in the thousand of books and concepts that aid survival and transcendence of survival, often times it is a re-guritation of facts and the principles and concepts serve as a new meta level for larger abstractions which display higher truths etc. I don't think knowledge/experience/ontology? is as static as it seems. 

Reading 400 books+ is an impressive feat imo the value of knowledge for me is only palpable when I can execute and act on it, otherwise it's good entertainment and that is important too! 

Often times my own thinking and hunches would have given me better results if I would act on my experience and mistakes, my own book and life story so to speak instead of hiding behind the vail of knowledge in fear of showing a higher self etc. 

I can speed read for example an easy book a day and re-gurtitate the most important content depending on technique and practice with more and less accuracy as I trained this as well as I wanted to still refine this. I did some speed reading exercises with Wilber books and I read ROT in a week or two in 14+- sessions? With 20 minute sessions with 10 min note taking notes etc. Just getting back into the habit of reading difficult topics fast. Filtering core eternal concepts and interconnecting this takes the most time. I did not read the notes at the end, just the core book and theory. 

Wilber has an entire series of his biography for free on integrallife about his life I could not bring myself to watch it even if I love the guy. It is compelling, yet he can talk so long and so much also. 

Wilber should have written about omniscience/ontology?/knowledge I never studied it that deep, as I mostly just corrected what people wrote here about integral theory as nobody is really passionate about integral theory, most are nerds and cracks at integral or to normie. Here it is a nice cross-section. 

Hope this aids the conversation somehow. Imo there should be a distinction made between what is knowledge and omniscience based on spirituality and what it means to value either and the other and how they interconnect, as this is what I am experiencing more and more a bit at least...  For example you have a vision/hunch about life out of nowhere a moment of clairvoyance with imagery and the exact thing becomes true or/and leads to a closer similar "truth"/experience etc. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Taking one ayahuasca trip is like reading one book.

Savage Leo ?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Ken Wilber is awesome.

But he isn't Awake, and all those books won't help him, nor you, to Awaken ;)

We know there is literally no human on this planet that you qualify as awake except yourself. So why keep bringing that up as if there are some humans to contrast to that are awake. We know your stance.

2 minutes ago, Jake Chambers said:

We know there is literally no human on this planet that you qualify as awake except yourself. So why keep bringing that up as if there are some humans to contrast to that are awake. We know your stance.

It's good to remind you guys cause you easily forget and get seduced by gurus ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's good to remind you guys ;)

Sad to realize you don't even exist so your whole Awakening is just some lore I made up.

9 hours ago, ThePoint said:

@Hello from Russia Do you have any tips on reading more? 

Yes, put a good infrastructure for yourself

I have a dedicated laptop for reading, good PDF reading app, I read mainly in PDF. Good note taking app.

Don't over read useless information inside books (a lot of books have fairly big amount of empty texts in it) - tho some books are golden almost cover to cover you gotta judge the book well

Edited by Hello from Russia

19 hours ago, Godhead said:

@Thought Art Ken commented that it was great for a person at an orange stage of development 

@Godhead Yeah It is. Or, to develop a healthy stage orange set of habits for business, life style and skill development. 

Orange core with green skin

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"