TheAlchemist

Orally active 5-meo-dmt via mushrooms - Psilomethoxin

33 posts in this topic

As unbelievable as it seems, there seems to be emerging a new psychedelic compound that is essentially 5-meo-dmt in orally available form. The craziest thing is that it is synthesized by psilocybin mushrooms by adding 5-meo-dmt to the substrate. If this is true, it could be a real game changer. I'm still not completely convinced if this is legit though, totally mindblowing if it is.

Anyone have experience with this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/4-Hydroxy-5-methoxydimethyltryptamine

Already a church around it too:

https://psilomethoxin.com/

"Psilomethoxin  is a new and novel tryptamine created in vivo by sacred mushroom mycelium. After inoculation, before the fruiting stage of development, the mushroom substrate is fed 5-MEO-DMT (the “God” molecule). As a result of the introduction of the “God” molecule, the fruiting bodies contain only Psilomethoxin (a non-scheduled substance) and not psilocybin nor psilocin. This sacred synthesis represents  a reunion of spirit/nature with science/medicine and further symbolizes a return to our ancient roots."

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Yeah, I've heard of this.

Seems like a waste of 5-MeO-DMT though. If you got 5-MeO-DMT, why not just consume it directly and also eat some mushrooms? Although even that is unnecessary because 5-MeO-DMT is clear and powerful enough by itself. It does not need anything else.

It would be cool though if some research chem lab synthesized it from scratch.

You don't need oral 5-MeO-DMT. Plugging is perfect. These so-called psychonauts are clueless about the wonder of plugging. There is no reason to ever consume psychedelics orally except for NN-DMT.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura it is a different molecule though, and based on reports in the above video for example, the effects have some of the core spiritual/mystical effects of 5-meo but without any hallucinations or loss of functioning, overwhelming fear or bodily stress etc. 

Edited by TheAlchemist

-James P. Carse

32 minutes ago, TheAlchemist said:

the fruiting bodies contain only Psilomethoxin (a non-scheduled substance) and not psilocybin nor psilocin.

sounds like wishful thinking, it for sure still has psilocybin

@TheAlchemist I don't know about this. Pharma companies can make an orally bioavailabe 5 meo easily like they do to their drugs without all the fuss and growing mushrooms. They can make a lot of things for psychdelics products , like for example, an extedned release XR pills, under the skin implants, nasal spray and other stuff.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Haven't watched the video but thinking about it for 06 seconds I feel like it's some scam for hippie people to sell them microdoses of psychoactive mushrooms for exorbitant prices, because it's "Psilomethoxin", and no-one will never know if it really was something different than plain psilocybin mushroom, because no-one will ever trip on the full dose.

Dunno, that's the vibe I am getting.

40 minutes ago, TheAlchemist said:

@Leo Gura it is a different molecule though, and based on reports in the above video for example, the effects have some of the core spiritual/mystical effects of 5-meo but without any hallucinations or loss of functioning, overwhelming fear or bodily stress etc. 

Hallucinations? What hallucinations? That's the whole point of a psychedelic and 5-MeO already has the least visuals of all psychedelics.

There is no way you're gonna reach the levels of awakening we are interested in here without fear. You are gonna have to face your own death for sure and that will never be easy.

I don't get any bodily stress from plugging.

If this chem was available in pure form I would certainly try it. But if you have to eat a mushroom, you're not getting the pure chem, you'll get a bunch of psilocybin along with it.

Edited by Leo Gura

If you want a more pleasant 5-MeO experience, plug 5-MeO-MALT.

39 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Haven't watched the video but thinking about it for 06 seconds I feel like it's some scam for hippie people to sell them microdoses of psychoactive mushrooms for exorbitant prices, because it's "Psilomethoxin", and no-one will never know if it really was something different than plain psilocybin mushroom, because no-one will ever trip on the full dose.

Dunno, that's the vibe I am getting.

It could very well be something like that. 

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no way you're gonna reach the levels of awakening we are interested in here without fear. You are gonna have to face your own death for sure and that will never be easy.

That's a good point yeah.

-James P. Carse

12 minutes ago, TheAlchemist said:

It could very well be something like that. 

No.

They are just following up on Shulgin's great work.

If you could legally buy the spores around the globe that would give the possibility for many people to try a strong substance. 

38 minutes ago, Jannes said:

If you could legally buy the spores around the globe that would give the possibility for many people to try a strong substance. 

You would still need to feed the mushrooms 5-MeO!

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

They are just following up on Shulgin's great work.

I am not sceptical about the method, I have wanted to try feeding mushrooms some DPT while it was still legal.

I just doubt they really have it. It doesn't make any sense either from a legal standpoint (they need to have two illegal substances, not one, to create one semi-legal substance) or economic one (5-MeO is frickin pricey).

Soo, I just don't believe them, is there a time-stamp in the video were they show some proof or at least talk about having it, any lab-tests? Hiding everything behind cult application form and paywall is not a gesture of good will in my judgement.

Edited by Girzo

6 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Soo, I just don't believe them

Why would someone lie about something like this?

@Leo Gura To start a cult or something. Editing wikipedia to give yourself credence is not a good signal. Paywalled church website also.

And also maybe from ignorance, thinking it must have worked, but maybe in fact it didn't and they just only got a weaker version of normal mushrooms and that's where their lack of visuals come from.

I have no idea, I am not the one making the extraordinary claim. I would have to see people not associated with that group to repeat the experiment or them having some solid lab results.

Just stick to 5-MeO-MALT. It's all you need.

You can do the same thing with other base tryptamines. Put MET or MIPT in your substrate and you'll get 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-MIPT. a cool quality of mushrooms for sure deserving of more study, and possibly a viable route to new psychedelic discovery. but definitely not an efficient way to actually trip on the results (since its such an inefficient method and it'll be mixed with the natural psilocybin in the mushroom anyway). 

55 minutes ago, Tahuti said:

The day Hamilton morris makes a way for us to plug n,n-dmt will then be a glorious day for all!

Some folks are able to plug it. Doesn't work on me though. You can just eat it.

If someone ever decides to start selling this as a pure powder I will give this a try, mainly because 5-MeO-DMT (and all the other ones) is illegal where I live and it is incredibly rare to find people selling 5-MeO-DMT here.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

Heard on Hamilton Morris's podcast that he tested a sample of these mushrooms that was sent to him and found no psilomethoxin present. So yeah, these church people are just eating overpriced normal mushrooms.