trenton

Major developments in the Russo-Ukraine war

154 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

US is not Russia

Exactly

The US public soured on the Iraq war. And so will the Russian public if it lasts much longer and has a high burden.

Obviously a draft and high casualties will make people sour much sooner. Then again, Russians are less snowflakey than Americans.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The US public soured on the Iraq war. And so will the Russian public if it lasts much longer and has a high burden.

Obviously a draft and high casualties will make people sour much sooner. Then again, Russians are less snowflakey than Americans.

The outcome of this war will most likely be decided on the battlefield.

It is unlikely that the Russian public will stop the war as Putin primarily recruits minorities far from Moscow and even if discontent grows, it will take a long time in authoritarian Russia to form an organized public opinion which would have such great influence.

On 10/12/2022 at 1:10 PM, Hsinav said:

Massmurders of civilians and children, attack on hospitals, torture, rape etc. were before this war not considered as a rebalancing move by many leaders in the west. 

I doubt that most of the Western leadership cares about that. To me, it looks like by most of the western leadership, these kinds of events are mostly used for political and ideological reasons, rather than humanitarian ones. Else most of these events would have been investigated really well before casting blame.

I am not saying that Russia did not do most of them. Just saying "the west" is playing its own game here, which has nothing to do with the well-being of actual Ukrainians or Russians.

@Leo Gura This comparison you’re making between the Iraq war and the Ukraine war is very deceptive. Saddam was by all standards a criminal, and his regime committed countless atrocities before the US invaded. 

Ukraine on the other hand is a peaceful country. Their only crime was wanting to join NATO, which was very popular among the Ukrainian public. Russia cannot tell the Ukrainian people what they can and cannot do.

Your bias towards Russia and Putin is obvious.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

3 hours ago, Yog said:

I am not saying that Russia did not do most of them. Just saying "the west" is playing its own game here, which has nothing to do with the well-being of actual Ukrainians or Russians.

Yes, The aid that Ukraine receives is carefully calculated from each country to optimize their own position in this.

5 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura This comparison you’re making between the Iraq war and the Ukraine war is very deceptive. Saddam was by all standards a criminal, and his regime committed countless atrocities before the US invaded. 

Ukraine on the other hand is a peaceful country. Their only crime was wanting to join NATO, which was very popular among the Ukrainian public. Russia cannot tell the Ukrainian people what they can and cannot do.

Your bias towards Russia and Putin is obvious.

US had zero authority to tell the Iraqis what to do.

I've never justified Putin's invasion. It is as wrong as the Iraq invasion.

Edited by Leo Gura

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

US had zero authority to tell the Iraqis what to do.

Actually, when you invade another country, like Iraq invaded Kuwait, you can. 

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It is as wrong as the Iraq invasion.

This statement is proof of your bias towards Russia.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Then again, Russians are less snowflakey than Americans.

Lol, yes, russians are “macho” ?

So not wanting to be thrown at a meat grinder for some psycho’s interests makes you a snowflake? 

23 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

@How to be wise I wonder if you're from Ukraine too

I’m English. I have no connection to either Russia or Ukraine.

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It is as wrong as the Iraq invasion.

It is not as “wrong as Iraq” invasion.

Ukraine is a democratic country, it’s not not lead by a terrorist like Sadam Hussein, there was no human rights crisis, no threat to the world coming from Ukraine

You guys are not serious about understanding this situation.

Good luck with that.

Edited by Leo Gura

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are guys are not serious about understanding this situation.

Good luck with that.

It’s not hard to understand. There is no “complications” to it, it’s very straightforward.

Putin is not a genius, who wants fairness and equality for all countries, or a great leader who wants what’s best for his country and people - like you paint him to be. He is a dictator, who is, yes, paranoid of NATO, and who wants power in the world, but not through achievements and development, but through brute force. Yes, he is not the only one like that, and yes, there were similar instances in history, but two wrongs don’t make a right.

Edited by no_name

As a Brazilian, I hope Russia conquers Ukraine. As a way to show these bully NATO members that not everyone fears them. 

Nato countries fucked Brazil a lot in the past, I hope they pay for all the evil they do to the world.

6 minutes ago, Tudo said:

As a Brazilian, I hope Russia conquers Ukraine. As a way to show these bully NATO members that not everyone fears them. 

Nato countries fucked Brazil a lot in the past, I hope they pay for all the evil they do to the world.

Of course Nato is not an angelic society. I’m sure they’ve had their fair share of excesses. 

5 minutes ago, Tudo said:

You know that the estimate of civilians dead in Mariupol (one of the cities russia conquered) is now at 85,000? 

What relation does UKRAINE have to any alleged “evils” NATO counties commuted in Brazil?

What level of psychopathy is this comment??

25 minutes ago, no_name said:

You know that the estimate of civilians dead in Mariupol (one of the cities russia conquered) is now at 85,000? 

What relation does UKRAINE have to any alleged “evils” NATO counties commuted in Brazil?

What level of psychopathy is this comment??

Well, if Brazil was being invaded by NATO, I guarantee you, Ukraine wouldn't give a damn about us.

I think this forum would benefit from understanding conflict between stage green and yellow. I remember how heated the issue became discussing the possibility that stage yellow could support the death penalty arguing that the compassion of stage green is misplaced on those who would happily exploit it.

If most people don't appreciate how rare stage yellow is and why this is so, then there will be many heated discussions that seem to go nowhere on this forum. It often boils down to assuming biased or partisan motives in those with whom we disagree.

If this forum is about personal development, then I encourage everybody to check their knee jerk reactions especially if they are heated. By taking our opinions too seriously it can make it harder to detach ourselves from our beliefs. If this forum values open mindedness then we must realize that inner peace comes from not knowing. At the same time I understand the importance of educating ourselves on many perspectives.

So far I see a lot of partisanship based on nationality.