Thetruthseeker

Why not allow posting whilst tripping?

11 posts in this topic

I’m just curious on this (and not tripping now) 

But I had some recent trips where I wanted to post great trip insights in the group. 
I know Leo says psychedelics are you at your most ‘sober’ so just wondering why posting whilst tripping and putting down those best insights isn’t allowed 

Write them in your common place or whatever. Then read them sober and if they make sense share them. 

The problem can be that people post dumb stuff like 

“I am!” 
“I am!” 

“I am!” 
“I am!”

Just clutters up the forum. 

Forum is a place for sober conversation.

You can write up a trip report and share those insights. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

It applies to all drugs. It's not a good idea.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, thisintegrated said:

Wait.. you guys only post sober?

Wait...you mean you posted when you weren't? 

xD:P

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

4 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Wait.. you guys only post sober?

I actually don't do drugs. Surprise surprise.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I wouldn't do that.  I used to smoke a lot of weed, daily, and so I was high all the time and some of the posts that I made in this state were not ones that I would have made sober.  I also used to get very drunk, this was a problem for me for about three months earlier in the year that I managed to curtail, but I found each and every time I got drunk is when I would get surly or overtly rude.  Any time I can think of where I was out of my mind with anger in a very obvious way, i.e. wall-of-text barrage of nonsensical rudeness, was due to being drunk and unable to handle how much I had.

Now, I always cut it off at three drinks, no more.  And these issues have not risen since.  The last time I got drunk was when my dog was sick and I was stressing out about her, and the same symptom happened - delusional anger directed outwards.  I snapped at someone on my journal for something that wasn't even important, or reflective of the reality of the circumstances, in an effort to curtail my anxiety about what was happening with my dog.  If I were sober, this would not have happened.  I left the forum for a month in embarrassment and then came back later, deleted the comments and moved on.  But that was the last straw with my drinking, it let me see that I simply couldn't hold it together, no matter how much I wanted to and the negative effects - including hangover - were not worth the few hours of having a buzz.

So, from my experiences, what this tells me is that, either high on drugs or drunk on alcohol, you cannot properly gauge how you're coming across to others in that state.  Even with drugs that increase your consciousness, this removes your boundaries, which you need in order to interact with people normally.  Aside from my experiences, we have had people occasionally post while high and their insights aren't as well developed as they would be if they had written them down in a notepad and then come back to them while sober to hash out any details, maybe write the sentences a bit more structurally sound.  I mean, nothing is stopping you from sharing your insights that you get from tripping, but it would be better for you to do so offsite, create a rough draft, and then go over it sober, and then post it.

On top of that, if you're high or tripping and interacting with people online, this can harsh your mellow, or they can interrupt your process.

tl;dr - I've experienced posting while drunk and high and have witnessed other people posting while tripping and it never ends well - just write what you experience offsite, and then go over it while you are sober to see if it makes sense and then share it with us, easy peasy.

Yeaaa I’ve def written things while high then read then while sober and though “thank god nobody else saw this”

However I’ve also taken insights from trips and then eloquently articulated them while sober and provided solid value through their sharing

I think the real variable to be considered here is the degree of refinement that your post has to it.

No one wants to ready some gibberish that only makes sense to the high guy

The game of survival cannot be won. 

59 minutes ago, King Merk said:

No one wants to read some gibberish that only makes sense to the high guy

This. Sometimes, even our notes can be weird and incomprehensible. 

Anyway, It is advised to post as soon as possible after the trip, preferably the next day, otherwise, the memory fades away.

@Kensho exactly it’s on soon that some of the insights go 

Ok I’ll make notes straight away after then share them in a sober way in the future 

?