koyadr3

How To Be More Creative?

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys!!! I'm looking for ways or techniques to be more creative.

At first, I searched at Leo's YouTube channel to see if he had a video on the subject, but I couldn't find one.

I don't know if there is one, but I couldn't find it. So I came here to ask if you guys have any ways or techniques to share to be more creative.

So far, I've noticed that the few times I'm creative or have new ideas is when I'm having lucid dreams or sitting around doing nothing, or when I'm doing things like autopilot tasks like cleaning, chores, etc.

Give yourself time to be creative. You need to set aside time to just brainstorm and daydream, like a 1-hour chunk of time where you just list out ideas. Whether it's ideas for a story, possibly new inventions, song lyrics, or whatever else.

My guess is you only allow yourself to be creative when you're bored while doing nothing or operating on autopilot. It's something that you do when you have time left over. Make it a priority and give it a dedicated space instead.

Otherwise it's like only allowing yourself to learn coding while you're waiting for a bus

17 hours ago, Yarco said:

Give yourself time to be creative. You need to set aside time to just brainstorm and daydream, like a 1-hour chunk of time where you just list out ideas. Whether it's ideas for a story, possibly new inventions, song lyrics, or whatever else.

My guess is you only allow yourself to be creative when you're bored while doing nothing or operating on autopilot. It's something that you do when you have time left over. Make it a priority and give it a dedicated space instead.

Otherwise it's like only allowing yourself to learn coding while you're waiting for a bus

Okay, I will thank you!!

8 hours ago, herghly said:

@koyadr3 Read "Steal Like An Artist" 

I will take a look, thanks!!

Less thinking. I create music and thoughts get in the way. I also notice how bad my ideas are when I'm trying to force something good. The best songs I've ever made were laid out almost complete in like 5 minutes completely "out of the blue", and I've had mediocre songs even though I tried forcing them forward for weeks.

Notice how ideas just pop in when you're doing the dishes or walking around? When theres no mind. Maybe reduce distractions like devices, conversations with people and "being busy". Minimalizing your life to make space for creativity to start flowing

Edited by The Zen Viking

@koyadr3 If you want advice from Leo on this I'd recommend looking up his videos that mention 'intuition' in their title

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

One way is opening up to new experiences.

Doing things you’ve never done before.

Visiting new cities or countries. Being around new people with new perspectives. Listening to new music.

Etc.

Another is time in silence. Meditate and contemplate. Through that silence, creativity will naturally arise.

Also tripping your balls off helps. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

On 2022-08-27 at 11:02 AM, Yarco said:

This is such an underrated point!

One of the best ways to get myself into a new habit is as simple as scheduling time to do it. If you don't have that set time then you default to doing it when you "feel like it" and we rarely randomly feel like doing new, challenging, and uncomfortable things.