martin_malin

No mind vs Befriending the mind

12 posts in this topic

Tolle :  the self is just a concept, an illusion. No mind ftw!

Kahn : you are real, love yourself. Befriend your mind :) 

Both teachings can seem in opposition at first and yet, I don’t feel like they are. I find myself oscillating between these two vibes as I resonate with both. 

That said, I sometimes get mindfucked when I contemplate both approaches together. Please help an enlightenment noob! Ty

Edited by martin_malin

You have to learn to let your ego be one layer below you. Let your ego be itself. Just don't get caught up in it, and identify it. 

You are nothingness. You cannot take one step in the world or one breath without the ego. It's the ego which desires to mark the world with itself. Let it do that. Observe your ego. Don't identify with it. Witness how your ego defines itself against your fears, against that which you choose to not be concious of. Just observe our ego, that's really the main idea. 

Over time your ego will become thinner and thinner, and the duality between concious and unconscious within you which creates your ego will become more tangible to you. You will learn to surrender your ego and enter Samadhi more easily, more often. You can only do so by experience and developing your intuitive sense of your beingness. 

Edited by TheOneReborn

Both approaches require control over the mind. So it's just the same thing but different aspects are being emphasized. 

In no mind, you have control over the mind, so you can shut it down.

In befriending your mind, you have control over the mind, so you can feel increased self-love and security, etc. 

On 8/16/2022 at 0:34 AM, martin_malin said:

Both teachings can seem in opposition at first and yet, I don’t feel like they are. I find myself oscillating between these two vibes as I resonate with both. 

That said, I sometimes get mindfucked when I contemplate both approaches together. Please help an enlightenment noob! Ty

There is the Buddha no mind path where you cease thought.

There is the love of self where you increase your sense of self to include ALL selves. 

Both paths lead to the same destination. All identities = to no identity.

So it all ends the same way, its just preference.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Show me a human without a mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Show me a human without a mind.

Show me a mind.

xD

38 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Show me a mind.

xD

Look around you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Befriending the mind" gives the false notion that there is a you and then there is a mind that is distinct from each other.

There two people then make friends with each other. In reality, only the mind exists. There is no one else to make friends with. 

mind is, the world is out there and i am seeing it

rather than the world is 2d movie set perched on my retina, my ear drum etc. which awareness handles not a mind

(and awareness is precisely the world you perceive before mind gets its claws into it)

Edited by gettoefl

On 8/15/2022 at 11:34 PM, martin_malin said:

Helps you awaken (self inquiry can awaken you)

On 8/15/2022 at 11:34 PM, martin_malin said:

Post awakening come full circle and embrace the ego.  Merge self-actualization and spirituality.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

I think there are a lot more awakened people then we give credit for...even this pickup coach gets it 

Interesting didn't know he did meditation. I know about that guy came across him before. But yeah I think its inevitable. Materialism can only satisfy the ego for so long. God can only distract itself for so long before it wants to awaken to itself as God again. God is going to awaken to itself for all of infinity. 

I believe Leo said it best. God desires to give itself the greatest gift, so what greater gift than infinite love?

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86