Awomanaware

Power Of Gratitude

20 posts in this topic

I've been writing a gratitude journal every day for few months now, and it has really helped me to be more present in everything I am experiencing. Also, it has helped me to keep my mind on the positive things I want to manifest, instead of getting lost in my monkey mind :)

I invite you all to write here one (or more) thing(s) you are grateful for, if you feel like doing it. It will be great if you could do it as often as you can. If you don't feel like sharing, you can do it personally in your notebook, and see how does it feel. Or, you can just let me know what you think about this concept. Thank you! :)

Today I am grateful for:

All the people I've stumbled upon in my life, that are brave enough to follow their intuition - sharing their knowledge with the world for free and making a tremendous positive impact on others by motivating them to follow their own intuition and get closer to live their life purpose.

Edited by Awomanaware
grammatical error

@Awomanaware About to start doing one. I think its great for transmuting negative energy into positive constructive energy. 

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

@Awomanaware Thank you for sharing. I need to pick up this habit too Will put it into practice.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena, @SLICKHAWK, @Inglorious I am glad you like the concept! :)

Today, I am grateful for accepting my emotions and thoughts fully, not being too harsh on my ego, having patience in general and making peace with not knowing. I am grateful for getting in tune with my body more, not living only inside my head, and for realizing that my thoughts affect my body on the long run. Therefore, I am grateful to know that while being aware, I can choose to focus on thoughts that are beneficial for my being and for others.

Today, I am grateful for doing nothing productive.  I am grateful for waking up unmotivated.  I am grateful that I am not letting it get me down and knowing that tomorrow will be a better day.  I am grateful for Awomanaware suggesting to take up being grateful for stuff.  Thanks. lol

I almost feel instantly better now. Magic? I dunno... 

I used to do that. A huge waste of time for me (personally). I feel gratitude borns naturally within us. I was 20 things I was grateful for every day. I was paranoid about writing every single detail of a cool situation (for example, a child smiling to me). Let go of that.

Whenever I dive deep into this "softer" practices (such as loving-kindness meditation), I get extremely aversive to negative thoughts. It feels like I have to be loving and grateful all the time. Maybe I should do that, and I am simply resistant to it. [I feel like Zazen is a much more honest practice because it doesn't differentiate between "good" thoughts as opposed "bad" thoughts.]

Don't get me wrong: I can clearly see the logical benefits of writing down what you're grateful for. For example, I am grateful that I have a room for my own. Privacy is something homeless people do not get, ever.

Yes, it does feel nice. But I was overdoing it (20 things is a lot).

@Gabriel Antonio I understand. This reminds me of my experience with meditation, I stopped meditating because I've completely detached from my body. If we're talking chakras, I was waaaay up (I feel blessed - Drake voice, lol), so I'm working on my grounding more and getting in tune with my body. For me, it's about balance now. I want my life to be a meditation. :) That's why I've started doing this little things that I feel are helping me to be more aware, like writing gratitude journal. I don't take it very seriously, I write few minutes in my journal if I feel like it and that's it. I am grateful without writing also, but I've found that when I write about things I am grateful for, my "gratitude brain" is working a bit more and my oxytocin levels are going up and it feels good! :D But, since life is ever-changing, maybe in a few days I'll think this it bullshit and stop doing it, who knows. :D And I am grateful for that, because I know I'll get another insight about life. :)

@Whywolf love your picture, I can't stop listening to this album! So grateful for Childish Gambino. And the album title is convenient for this forum, "Awaken, My Love"! :)

@Awomanaware Yeah!  The album is amazing, he's so multi-talented, I love the direction he is taking with his music.

What's your fave song off the album?

@Whywolf  It's hard for me to choose only one cause the whole album is outstanding but I love listening The night me and your mama met, Redbone and Me and your mama. Uh and Terrified also! :o You? Or should I say, what are the songs you are the most grateful for, so we don't go too much off topic haha :D 

@Awomanaware For sure!
I'm grateful for the song Redbone - it's a good one!

I'm also grateful for this orange I just ate, it almost tasted a bit like vanilla.

@Whywolf hey I just ate an orange too! It didn't taste like vanilla. But I am thankful for the orange and Childish Gambino synchronicity! :D

@Awomanaware   There are so many things to be grateful for! lol  It's hard to list just one.  I use the gratitude list a lot with my hypnosis clients to help them change their perspective, focus, and thinking patterns on the positive things happening in their life.

I am grateful for absolute infinity/God/nothingness.  Because if absolute infinity didn't exist...would we exist? lol Is that possible?

I am grateful for the moments of fully accepting and embracing the constant changes in life without any judgement. Feeling light. One with the nature, one with the people. Feeling all of the sadness and happines. Loving everything. Loving my confusion. 

I am grateful for a few moments of clarity last night, and hope that it keeps doing it's thing. :) 

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 2:20 AM, Guest said:

I think affirmations are one of the most powerful personal development tools, together with visualization and meditation. Properly applied affirmations will reprogramm your subconscious mind, which holds your self image and controls your life.

Once your subconscious mind adopts a new idea or belief, it instantly acts upon it as if it's real and produces the result. it becomes a part of your self-image, a part of you. Doesn't matter if the idea is negative or positive, the sub-conscious mind will act upon it automaticly and you will act and behave accordingly with that belief that is held in your subconscious mind. Your body will produce the results and the emotions according to that believe.

The sub-conscious mind only absorbs ideas which are held in your mind constantly over a long period of time. This is why it is so important to get rid of negative thinking and to practice positive affirmations every single day until they get absorbed into your subconscious.

It's like a magic trick only a few know about, a secret if you will...you can literally hack your mind and reprogramm your mind into anything you want. Of course there are amazing, huge results possible with this. Also healing

Along with a gratitude journal, the above technique  also works great.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Whywolf yaaas! And more oranges and new Gambino songs on the way! :D

@Loreena I agree. The first time I heard about it was through the Abraham teachings, the Law of attraction. At first, I was really into the Eckhart Tolle present moment type of thing. It was an amazing experience for sure, has led me to some major conclusions about myself, other people and life in general, but then I realized I have hard time developing any visions about myself in the future, the present moment was blocking my imagination (not literally, it was my mind/fears ofc) - so I started using the affirmations technique just to see how it feels. So I started writing affirmations in the form of visions but my game is still pretty weak, I realized I am being too modest (due to my fears probably), so I trying to get out of my own box, it's a process :) but since writing them, I feel SO MUCH MORE grounded and motivated in general, and I am grateful for that. Nowdays, the more books I read regarding spiritual work, the more I realize that different authors talk about the very same thing on a slightly different way, but always pointing out how beneficial affirmations can be. We'll see :)