Realms of Wonder

How Does Music Effect State of Consciousness?

13 posts in this topic

Music Consciousness.jpeg

There are a LOT of ways to see Music, one of which is as an agent or medium through which consciousness can be altered, (similar to a psychedelic.)

In your direct experience, how have you seen the music you listen to, effect you consciousness?

Why do you think that is?

Welcome, to the authenticity evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMc_MGhRl-1t3MoV36uG1A

It's a reflection of yourself...(ones you strongly gravitate to). Like "coming home" over and over again. Like realizing your true nature in a more subjective sense.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

I find it excellent tool to explore and integrate different perspectives into your own. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I think music is one of the infinite forms of love. It reveals the beauty of anything it comes into contact with. If I'm sad and put on music it can help me to realize the beauty of the sadness I'm feeling and thereby altering my state of consciousness.

So I would say yes, music can transform a state of meaningless sadness into a state of meaningful sadness for example, thereby altering state of consciousness. 

Edited by Asayake

Dr. Hawkins said that music takes you out of the linear and puts you into the non-linear. 

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

On 7/8/2022 at 3:37 AM, Max_V said:

I find it excellent tool to explore and integrate different perspectives into your own. 

Well said! 

Some songs seem to bring whole new sides to a story, add an emotional element, or be with us through the exploration.

Edited by Realms of Wonder

Music was my daily meditation before I knew what meditation was.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Certain sounds and patterns of it can take people into mystical states. Their is an entire branch of yoga called nada yoga. Or union through sound. Roughly.

Edited by Cthulu

It's really weird. I feel really high and happy listening to music, it amplifies emotions in a really enjoyable way, but its just sounds arbitrarily put together. It doesn't make sense why I would enjoy it, but I do anyways, there's no reason or logic to enjoying it, it's primitive in that sense. What's even weirder is that our brain has this capacity to enjoy music, like why did we even evolve to enjoy music? 

Music seems to detach me from my old confined and limited perspective. It adds "intelligence" or "emotion" to my experience, and those didn't previously exist in the experience. Music doesn't require any logic or reasoning to enjoy, so it's a very pure and intuitive form of enjoyment. You enjoy music for the sake of music, not some for some ulterior goal or motive in the future.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

After I was rejected by girls, and I mean by the girls I liked but friendzoned me my go to was always to listen to super sad heartbroken music together with more hopefull tunes after I had finished crying.

The super sad music helped me cope, understand and reflect + help me feel seen and understood while the hopefull music then made me riae up on my feet. I was going to find a girlfriend LmaoB|

Music for me in otherwords first shifted my conciousness by allowing me to be seen by the music and then after that letting the music lift me up. For me that's two different types of music, but that at the same time is the same.

I call it melancholyhope, for me that's the yin and yang of music.

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

On 7/9/2022 at 0:57 PM, Carl-Richard said:

Music was my daily meditation before I knew what meditation was.

Interesting! :) 

22 hours ago, SamC said:

After I was rejected by girls, and I mean by the girls I liked but friendzoned me my go to was always to listen to super sad heartbroken music together with more hopefull tunes after I had finished crying.

The super sad music helped me cope, understand and reflect + help me feel seen and understood while the hopefull music then made me riae up on my feet. I was going to find a girlfriend LmaoB|

Music for me in otherwords first shifted my conciousness by allowing me to be seen by the music and then after that letting the music lift me up. For me that's two different types of music, but that at the same time is the same.

I call it melancholyhope, for me that's the yin and yang of music.

Music to process, music too heal, music to break, and music to feel. LOVE IT!

melancholyhope = You :)

23 hours ago, Osaid said:

It's really weird. I feel really high and happy listening to music, it amplifies emotions in a really enjoyable way, but its just sounds arbitrarily put together. It doesn't make sense why I would enjoy it, but I do anyways, there's no reason or logic to enjoying it, it's primitive in that sense. What's even weirder is that our brain has this capacity to enjoy music, like why did we even evolve to enjoy music? 

Music is interesting in that way, why is it enjoyable? What makes it a part of almost every culture EVER? very interesting stuff.

23 hours ago, Osaid said:

Music seems to detach me from my old confined and limited perspective. It adds "intelligence" or "emotion" to my experience, and those didn't previously exist in the experience. Music doesn't require any logic or reasoning to enjoy, so it's a very pure and intuitive form of enjoyment. You enjoy music for the sake of music, not some for some ulterior goal or motive in the future.

I LOVE The way you articulated that!