ZenAlex

So it looks like Teal Swan is finally being exposed.

448 posts in this topic

https://www.reddit.com/r/cults/comments/v22bzq/teal_swan_reacts_to_documentary_part_1_there_is/

A documentary about her has been released, and it appears it now doesn't look very good for her.

I cannot link to the documentary itself, but here's a reddit post including her response and all the people below, including people who used to follow her.

I've seen people on here say she helped them...

Always be wary guys... cult leads always help people at first.

She's not a cult leader. Try again. lol

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Exposed??

What did she do?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Here is an article about it. https://www.russh.com/the-deep-end-hulu-teal-swan/

I was never a fan of her but I am going to keep an open mind because anybody can make anyone appear to be anything with the right editing. So I'll keep an open mind. Besides even if she ends up being one, I know she has still been able to help some people. I don't watch her, but I don't believe she is some evil person like people are making her out to be.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Exposed??

What did she do?

Watch the documentary. 

The world is not ready for higher teachings, The documentary misinterpreted everything she does and sais from the orange lense. Leo receives the the exact same scrutiny from does childish youtube debunking videos. 

There's no need to watch the documentary, just watch the trailer it's a basic orange lens.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

16 minutes ago, integral said:

She's not a cult leader. Try again. lol

Sorry if you're attached to her. You probably wont want to ever admit it because she means something to you and has probably helped you.

6 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Here is an article about it. https://www.russh.com/the-deep-end-hulu-teal-swan/

I was never a fan of her but I am going to keep an open mind because anybody can make anyone appear to be anything with the right editing. So I'll keep an open mind. Besides even if she ends up being one, I know she has still been able to help some people. I don't watch her, but I don't believe she is some evil person like people are making her out to be.

I don't think you should be ok with her because she helped some people. Most cults do help others to a certain degree, they need to to be successful. 

1 minute ago, ZenAlex said:

Sorry if you're attached to her. You probably wont want to ever admit it because she means something to you and has probably helped you.

Dead wrong stop making assumptions.

The kind of stuff she teaches will always be labeled as culty.

Then again, any physical New Age spiritual community built around a charismatic teacher is going to take on cult like dynamics. Which is why I never started one. When you get a bunch of people together into a small space under a common philosophy they will start acting like a herd of retards.

8 minutes ago, integral said:

The world is not ready for higher teachings, The documentary misinterpreted everything she does and sais from the orange lense. Leo receives the the exact same scrutiny from does childish youtube debunking videos. 

4 minutes ago, integral said:

Dead wrong stop making assumptions.

Sorry you're defensive.

At the end of the day it's not just about the documentary, what about all the people that used to be part of her congregation, knew her personally and expose her for the messed up stuff she does?

Are they are lying? All just misunderstanding her behaviour? 

All jealous and trying to tear her down?

And I don't consider Leo and Teal the same. Teal is a self professed spiritual teacher, has her own IRL congregation and has been accused of far worse things than Leo has. 

Edited by ZenAlex

@Leo Gura Don't worry Leo, you will have your own documentary in a couple of years hopefully ;)

At the end of the day I'm surprised she allowed there to be a documentary in the first place. If her and her followers are that bothered about her works being misunderstood, why the fuck would you allow some crew to come in and do one? 

I personally believe she is a cult leader, but on the off chance she's just misunderstood, then allowing a documentary crew in to your HQ with all your most devout followers sounds like a bad idea.

Considering how choosy she's been at times with who interviews her, you'd have thought she'd make sure the doc crew would be on the same page as her.

As many of the commenters on reddit have said, maybe her desire for attention/narcissism got the better of her here.

It's either a documentary that simply exposes her or she was a fool to allow to happen in the first place. 

On 6/15/2022 at 6:58 AM, zurew said:

@ZenAlex Are you talking about this episode?

( I don't know if this link works all the way, but it seems to be working for me, if you want to watch it for free)

There are 4 episodes.

I'm not talking about 1 particular episode. 

Here's a post from one of her followers who actually likes Teal, which was made on one her videos defending herself - 

I'm watching episode 3 and having a visceral reaction where I have to come here and say something. And then I notice the comments seem to be edited to only show praise for Teal. Which is exactly the issue I am having watching the series How can you teach shadow work but be completely unable to analyze yourself and see your mistakes/unhealed parts? I understand that editing distorts reality but editing is not involved with the non-negotiables which are completely wacko. There is no reason why Juliana can not wholeheartedly serve the cause and also visit her family. Blake seems to be unable to think for himself/stand up to Teal/have a voice. He seems scared of Teal after being so close to her for so long. That feels abusive to me. It seems Teal only wants yes people around her. When Juliana speaks very valid points she is silenced; told she is crossing a line. So, having an opinion that is not Teal's crosses a line? There is so much wrong but in the end it boils down to Teal seemingly being oblivious to her own very serious issues. I agree with about 100% of Teals message and I truly believe she is helping SO many people. I've watched her on YouTube for years especially when I am struggling to keep on and she is spot on. Such insight, such truth. I hope she is able to really see herself and change because it would only make her an even more powerful force and better person. I say this with Love.

If she has a bunch of her most loyal followers living under one roof I can pretty much guarantee that will be a shitshow. They will be too immature to manage that. I expect many of Teal's followers to be mentally unstable and emotionally reactive. Getting such people together under one roof in a small community is gonna be dangerous.

These are Teal’s comments on each episode of the documentary, revealing how the footage has been manipulated in order to tell a cheap story about her being a cult leader.

@ZenAlex Go watch Teal response on her channel. Then ponder what happened in an unbiased way. Then think if what she teaches is beneficial or not for people.

As a personal note: I suspect you was thinking of her as a cult leader long before the series. Why? Only because she teaches new age stuff or because she lives with people?

IMO what she teaches is legit and powerful, and obviously due to the fact that she talks about what people refuse to face, i.e. traumas, lies, manipulation, dysfunctional ways of relating, it's a guarantee that in the end some people would react against her. She exposes people's shadows, which is what people need but don't want.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

Skim watched it: Ah nvm the camera crew/producer was orange/green and her followers where unhealthy traumatic green. They where not ready for teals methods and the house got to personal for her. The producer took the inner circles words for everything, skewing her as a narcissist, when what happened was everything she said was all true but she said it to bluntly. Also alot of what she said is very easy to misinterpret and requires prerequisites in understand. 

For example: "your parents dont love you".

She also vented her frustrations of being constantly attacked as a narcissist and that was cherry picked heavily. Have you guys ever seen a woman vent? "Listen to her complain, shes a narcissist!" lol

Edited by integral

56 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

I don't think you should be ok with her because she helped some people. Most cults do help others to a certain degree, they need to to be successful. 

....I shouldn't be ok with her? Ummm so what I should judge her? Not doing that. "Judge not lest ye be judge. By what measure you mete is shall be meted onto you." You need to stop judging her and stop judging yourself. Why torture yourself? 

Also a cult is literally subjective. I could call this website right now a cult if I wanted. I could eGasily make a strong argument for it too. I don't know if you all realize why it is so easy to fool humanity. Because any side can be argued if you are creative enough. Its part of the power of the media. Someone could follow you around with a camera and craft a narrative that makes you a deplorable loser or an awe-inspiring unsung hero.

Go back and look at the video that Leo made about relative truth and absolute truth. Logic and memory has limits. Notice them.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

19 minutes ago, Victor van Rijn said:

These are Teal’s comments on each episode of the documentary, revealing how the footage has been manipulated in order to tell a cheap story about her being a cult leader.

I

15 minutes ago, Superfluo said:

@ZenAlex Go watch Teal response on her channel. Then ponder what happened in an unbiased way. Then think if what she teaches is beneficial or not for people.

As a personal note: I suspect you was thinking of her as a cult leader long before the series. Why? Only because she teaches new age stuff or because she lives with people?

IMO what she teaches is legit and powerful, and obviously due to the fact that she talks about what people refuse to face, i.e. traumas, lies, manipulation, dysfunctional ways of relating, it's a guarantee that in the end some people would react against her. She exposes people's shadows, which is what people need but don't want.

14 minutes ago, integral said:

Skim watched it: Ah nvm the camera crew was green and her followers where unhealthy traumatic green. They where not ready for teals methods and the house got to personal for her. The producer took the inner circles words for everything, skewing her as a narcissist, when what happened was everything she said was all true but she said it to bluntly. Also alot of what she said is very easy to misinterpret and requires prerequisites in understand. 

For example: "your parents dont love you".

She also vented her frustrations of being constantly attacked as a narcissist and that was cherry picked heavily. Have you guys ever seems a woman vent? Listen to her complain shes a narcissist! lol

I highly doubt any of you have even watched her responses or the documentaries in detail, you've all probably just seen that she's responded, and have faith that "well its teal, she must have debunked everything".

Even @integral proved in their posts that they didn't even watch the docs before assuming it was some stage orange attack against her, before "skim watching" and assuming "nah actually lol it was stage green shit".

I don't get the impression than any of you have actually looked into this in detail, you're assuming she's just being unfairly attacked, and there's a vendetta against her. 

I'm not saying she's not at all being unfairly attacked, as I've said above, at the very least she's either a cult leader that is continuously getting exposed, or she's a fool to have allowed that documentary to happen, or both. 

Maybe there's some unfairness towards her, but there's also likely cult shit going on about her.

It's NOT just the documentaries, it's many ex-members speaking out also. 

Are we just going to assume it's all just a collaborative effort to bring her down... just because this world is just not ready for her?

LOL.

Edited by ZenAlex