thisintegrated

All the MBTI stereotypes are accurate??

229 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

They don't really, not in the same way.

A cat may hiss and scratch if you pick her up too much, but that's not really anger, just aggression to tell you to stop.

Emotions help you do things better. An enraged cat will claw better. And awakening does not remove suffering from existence. It actually increases it at first! And sadness is a positive emotion for me.

Just now, thisintegrated said:

They don't really, not in the same way.

A cat may hiss and scratch if you pick her up too much, but that's not really anger

I think it is. Emotions evolved much earlier than cognition, and we share many basic emotions with many other animals (we share a limbic system). I think your definition of emotions is in fact reliant on cognition, i.e. cortical areas, rather than limbic areas. Now, what is reliant on cognition, is... you guessed it: cognitive emotion regulation (e.g. inhibition).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

16 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Emotions help you do things better. An enraged cat will claw better.

Yes, but that's still different to human anger.  A cat won't sit in a corner looking angry, feeling overwhelmed with hate for you.  Cats don't contemplate their emotions.

And awakening does not remove suffering from existence. It actually increases it at first! 

It increases it at stage Green, but that's it really.  Awakening does remove all suffering though.  Suffering is created entirely by egoic delusions and attachments.  It's the ego that wants "more".

Sadness is a positive emotion for me.

Same, actually.  I don't know how I feel about it, or if I like it.  It's relative to other emotions, so better than some, worse than others.

I like sadness as it seems to be almost identical to the emotion of "beauty" (wtf is the beauty emotion?!?).  Sadness can't exist without something to be sad about, so the sadder you are, the greater the beauty of whatever was lost, or even just recognized as impermanent.  I'm not sure if I can even differentiate between extreme sadness and euphoria.

15 minutes ago, Akashic said:

My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical. - C. G. Jung

The psychoanalyst himself doesn't want you to psychoanalyze strangers online.

Looks like someone forgot they're an INTJ??

12 minutes ago, Akashic said:

You seem to be a black and white thinker... Ti this Te that. ?‍♀️

How about the fact that people have nuance? Just look at your title. It's built on such a faulty idea.

I'm a Ne.  What else need I say?  

Edited by thisintegrated

23 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I think it is. Emotions evolved much earlier than cognition, and we share many basic emotions with many other animals (we share a limbic system). I think your definition of emotions is in fact reliant on cognition, i.e. cortical areas, rather than limbic areas. Now, what is reliant on cognition, is... you guessed it: cognitive emotion regulation (e.g. inhibition).

Are animals capable of evil?  I.e. torturing others purely for personal satisfaction in seeing despair in their victims?

They're not.

Since they're incapable of evil, are they capable of holding grudges?  Again, not really.

So the anger they're capable of seems inherently different from what humans feel.  Beyond appearing more aggressive and dangerous to predators, I don't think anger would serve any purpose in animals.

Emotions evolved much earlier than cognition

What came first would be logic.  You can't get angry at someone stealing your food if you can't recognize the logic behind why someone is taking food that is yours.  First comes the recognition of what's happening, and then the anger defense mechanism.

Edited by thisintegrated

19 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

I'm a Ne.  What else need I say?  

You type people on a very faulty and crude method. 

There is a comprehensive test that exists for this typing and its pretty good imo, does the job. 

You can't type on single traits and on the spot behaviors. Totally lacking in substance and context. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Akashic you look like an INTJ girl. And please hit me over the head with your objective logic. :P:x:D Lol, INTJ > The World. Yes, the INTJ's are officially unstoppable. 

Edited by BuddhistLover

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

22 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

You type people on a very faulty and crude method. 

There is a comprehensive test that exists for this typing and its pretty good imo, does the 

My typing is much better than what you'd get from 16personalities.com.  In fact, I often get DMs asking me to type people, and I'm rarely wrong.  E.g. once I typed BuddhistLover, and he said I was wrong.  The next day he tells me he was wrong and I was actually right all along.

Although 16personalities.com gave me a correct score twice, an ESFJ I know tested as INTJ..

MBTI quizzes are extremely unreliable.  If you don't understand the functions, you have no way of confirming your type.

Edited by thisintegrated

2 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

My typing is much better than what you'd get from 16personalities.com

Although that site gave me a correct score twice, an ESFJ I know tested as INTJ..

MBTI quizzes are extremely unreliable.  If you don't understand the functions, you have no way of confirming your type.

I'm not sure if I should believe you. 

So what's my type (if you already don't know so no cheating) 

Lmfao. The INFJ stare is a total psychopath stare. Creeps. 

6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I'm not sure if I should believe you. 

So what's my type (if you already don't know so no cheating) 

You're more difficult than most, with all the disorders and stuff..

But I've come to a conclusion.

ESFJ.  Without a doubt.

Edited by thisintegrated

@Akashic yes, the ability to hide your thoughts from INTJ's is non-existent. Their ability to telepathic connect to people's thought waves, and read their overarching patterns makes yall the telepaths of the human species. 

INTJ=Telepaths of the human race.

21 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Are animals capable of evil?  I.e. torturing others purely for personal satisfaction in seeing despair in their victims?

They're not.

Since they're incapable of evil, are they capable of holding grudges?  Again, not really.

So the anger they're capable of seems inherently different from what humans feel.  Beyond appearing more aggressive and dangerous to predators, I don't think anger would serve any purpose in animals.

Is evil an emotion now? ? Cmon man. You're using a very idiosyncratic definition if you think that a cat can't experience anger if it isn't able to plot the kitty holocaust.

21 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

What came first would be logic.  You can't get angry at someone stealing your food if you can't recognize the logic behind why someone is taking food that is yours.  First comes the recognition of what's happening, and then the anger defense mechanism.

Three types of anger are recognized by psychologists:[11]

1. Hasty and sudden anger is connected to the impulse for self-preservation. It is shared by human and other animals, and it occurs when the animal is tormented or trapped. This form of anger is episodic.

2. Settled and deliberate anger is a reaction to perceived deliberate harm or unfair treatment by others. This form of anger is episodic.

3. Dispositional anger is related more to character traits than to instincts or cognitions. Irritability, sullenness, and churlishness are examples of the last form of anger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anger

I'm talking about 1. and you're talking about 2.

1. is more fundamental and doesn't exclude 2.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Is evil an emotion now? ? Cmon man. You're using a very limited definition if you think that a cat can't experience anger if it isn't able to plot the kitty holocaust.

????

Evil is a manifestation of anger.  If an animal isn't capable of evil that says a lot about the ways in which they're able to use anger.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm talking about 1. and you're talking about 2.

1. is more fundamental and doesn't exclude 2.

I can't believe you're actually trying to argue that anger comes before logic??

When the ENFP starts using Te.. you know something's not right.

Edited by thisintegrated

1 minute ago, Benton said:

@thisintegrated You don't think people get angry out of instinct or genetic wiring?

I doubt very many species on earth think to themselves. "Oh! Now is the logical time to get angry!" I think you are projecting your own logic onto instinct which really is just a projection itself. As all idea's are.

And my cat's love to torture things. Although I have a suspicion they experience no negativity themselves while doing so. Dolphins also like to torture things.

Can we really blanket term all animals?

And magpies and crow's can hold a grudge and remember you. 

Imagine if you got angry before you even know what was happening.. what would that look like?

Someone says "hi" to you and you tell them to fuck off and punch them in the face because you chose to feel before even processing what they just said.

@thisintegrated I'm actually INFJ afterall that typing and stuff. I did it based upon cognitive functions. I mostly use Introverted Intuition and Extraverted Feeling as drivers for my interaction with reality. And you are certainly ENTP because of Ne, your spontaneous ideas, and Ti, through your subjective logic, making decisions based upon your personal analysis. I definitely can pickup everyone's emotional energy quite well, which is great at reaching compromises and resolving conflicts. 

Edited by BuddhistLover

1 minute ago, thisintegrated said:

You're more difficult than most, with all the disorders and stuff..

But I've come to a conclusion.

ESFJ.  Without a doubt.

I'm not an extrovert at all. Although my online presence gives off that impression. False impression. I am rarely ok with people, I like to be much with myself. 

I'm an INFJ and people tell me that I give them the death stare. I can be possessed and intimidating. 

And I'm always suspicious. 

These images describe my mind perfectly. 

6gtr2v.jpg

6gtr1u.jpg

6gtqzn.jpg

6gtqyq.jpg

6gtqxe.jpg

6gtr0n.jpg

You are dead wrong on me. 

6 minutes ago, BuddhistLover said:

@thisintegrated I'm actually INFJ afterall that typing and stuff. I did it based upon cognitive functions. I mostly use Introverted Intuition and Extraverted Feeling as drivers for my interaction with reality. And you are certainly ENTP because of Ne, your spontaneous ideas, and Ti, through your subjective logic, making decisions based upon your personal analysis. I definitely can pickup everyone's emotional energy quite well, which is great at reaching compromises and resolving conflicts. 

You do have a warmer vibe than INTJs, so that would make sense.  I've recently typed like 3 INTJs, and you're definitely more Fe than they are.

12 minutes ago, BuddhistLover said:

@Akashic yes, the ability to hide your thoughts from INTJ's is non-existent. Their ability to telepathic connect to people's thought waves, and read their overarching patterns makes yall the telepaths of the human species. 

INTJ=Telepaths of the human race.

Not so sure about that.  Telepathy is mostly Fe (and a bit Ti), ime.  INTJs don't reach out to others as they are Fi users.

Edited by thisintegrated

12 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

????

Evil is a manifestation of anger.  If an animal isn't capable of evil that says a lot about the ways in which they're able to use anger.

Evil arguably also involves concepts like will and self-awareness, something that goes far beyond emotions, but of course emotions underlie all of it, because they're more fundamental. You're putting the cart before the horse.

12 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

I can't believe you're actually trying to argue that anger comes before logic??

"The cortical areas evolved before the limbic system teehee", "sapience evolved before sentience", is essentially what you're saying... or maybe it's your idiosyncratic definition of "logic" as well that is pulling the strings here.

6 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Someone says "hi" to you and you tell them to fuck off and punch them in the face because you chose to feel before even processing what they just said.

That's how I get angry.