229 posts in this topic

My INFP, totally accurate stereotypes:

NnzRmZ1.jpg

0dU6Xgt.jpg

jUuo9LC.jpg

RgJEbui.jpg

dDAXFlf.jpg

0vHWz35.jpg

I keep these ones in particular to remind me of my roots... and to remind me of how much I love fresh baked bread, mmmm.
Here's my ENTP friend, a living stereotype:

@thisintegrated - I thought you'd relate to it.  He's a cool ENTP.

@something_else He's cool, I like him.  Sorry I would respond to you, but previously banned member Gregory1 aka Michael Jackson felt like hitting the report button and Natasha being a fe-ni user... isn't to... bright... on... catching those sorts of things.  Don't blame her - ENFJ's are not very smart, are they. ;) 

Edited by Loba

11 minutes ago, Loba said:

As an ENTP, can confirm.

Just now, Benton said:

@thisintegrated Could you share an enneagram test? 

I don't know if such tests exist, but shouldn't be hard to find if they do.

I'd suggest just looking it up on youtube and hearing a description.  Or just studying charts like this.

Pick the one that fits you best, and the one next to it, whichever one fits better.

Enneagram-main-page[1].png

6 minutes ago, Benton said:

@thisintegrated Why does it have to be one next to what I choose?

They're called wings.  They're supposedly closely related to your primary number.

There's also tritypes, which is an alternate interpretation of the model where you select one number from each type (head/heart/body), starting with your primary number.

E.g. if you're a seven you're either a 7w6 or 7w8.  And your tritype might be 784

Edited by thisintegrated

@Loba This is one of the last places I expected to see someone mention talking with famous people, I forgot it even existed! 

Holy shit that brings back memories from a long long time ago for me, like a solid 6 years :D

I completely binged watched the entire channel when I’d discovered it but it’s barely popular by comparison to some other MBTI channels so I’d never expect anyone else to have seen it

He’s done a few videos about Leo if I remember correctly

On 18/05/2022 at 0:15 AM, thisintegrated said:

Have a look and see if your type's stereotypes are accurate.  I think this is actually a very good way of confirming a type.

I honestly can’t find one of these that I read and say “that’s me”

I feel like some of the stereotypes from each match me

The ideas and impressions I have about each type in my head seem to align up impressively with the stereotypes though

That page is also a fucking goldmine for investigating the validity of MBTI. It’s a dictionary of easily testable attributes of a type in the format of “If x then y” statements (If: INFP, then: addicted to astrology) 

If you could show they were accurate beyond chance then it would prove that knowing someone’s MBTI type can actually make useful predictions and isn’t just pop science

29 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

538 5w6 3w4 8w7

Yep, sounds about right.

538 is called the "Goal Seeker", from the "Solution Master" group.

"Ambitious and competitive with leadership ability. Pragmatic, goal oriented and driven, but somewhat self interested. Balanced wings. SO/SX"

Edit: While I'm at it.. 

3 hours ago, Benton said:

ENFP-A 7w6 If using tritypes then 7w9w4

"794:  Gentle Positivist. Innovative, but self doubting and withdrawing as defence. Focus on positivity, gentle help, the looming future."

2 hours ago, something_else said:

If you could show they were accurate beyond chance then it would prove that knowing someone’s MBTI type can actually make useful predictions and isn’t just pop science

Exactly.  That's why I keep linking to that site.  Spend enough time there and MBTI's validity becomes clear.

2 hours ago, Benton said:

What was your type? ENTP?

ENTP 7w8 784

Edited by thisintegrated

4 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

To be the "crazy" kind of BPD person, you'd have to take your suffering seriously.  Your life would have to revolve around emotions.  You'd have to be entitled and not used to hardships.  Otherwise, you wouldn't even care or think much of your mood swings.

You're totally clueless. It doesn't mean they don't have hardships. You don't know shit. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

6 minutes ago, Benton said:

I might be 784

Interesting.  The tritype I'm most familiar with?

"784:  Curve Surfer. Direct, original, independent and creative. Moody and non conformist, powerful, original visionary. 7w8|SX"

Edited by thisintegrated

MBTI is  INFJ-T 

Enneagram main - type 2 

2w1 

My trifixes are 8 and 7.

827(body center(gut) /heart center /head center)  sp/sx

@thisintegrated do you understand that people can suffer deeply and still be emotional. Alright? 

Please stop making assumptions about someone's suffering. It's very unfair and unempathetic of you. 

@thisintegrated you need to stop judging people and how they lead their lives or drawing conclusions based on their personality. 

This is gross generalization and misrepresentation of how people feel on a collective level. 

This is like telling a rape victim their fears aren't real because they aren't currently getting raped 

You have absolutely zero clue on what suffering means and this clearly clearly tells me that you didn't suffer shit in life and you simply hit the keyboard and write the most insensitive stuff to people (reminds me of keyboard warriors on reddit), because if you really suffered enough, then you clearly wouldn't be tempted to judge other's suffering, you would have developed empathy for what others go through without wanting to question their suffering. Which you don't. 

Personality is simply a test of general nature and behavior, it says nothing about a person's quality of life. Anyone can suffer, literally anyone can suffer deeply and this would be regardless of their MBTI result. 

To base a person's life on their MBTI is absolutely projecting, assumptive and absurd. 

People with bpd or any other mental illness and irrespective of their MBTI suffer greatly because mental illness in of itself is a great suffering and you can never tell if someone with mental illness is suffering physically or not, your judgment is pitiful and lame. 

People wouldn't commit suicide if they weren't suffering deeply. Do not downplay. 

Remember a lot of mentally ill people end up killing themselves every year, they wouldn't if they didn't suffer a great deal. Finally suffering is what you feel on the inside rather than external circumstances. 

Somebody could be living in shitty conditions and live very happily because their mental condition is fine. Yet another could be living in a palace and still suffer depression. You cannot compare one person's suffering with another because at the end of the day, what they feel on the inside matters. 

Also you cannot tell a depression victim why are they taking their life so seriously. Or stop feeling depressed. Because you don't know how their life is impacting their mind and emotions, it's not impacting you, but it's impacting them. 

Stop judging people with your flimsy biased standards of behavior and incorporate some empathy in your attitude and you'll realize that your definition of mental illness, suffering and human behavior are extremely myopic, harsh,judgemental and cut throat. You're too immature to understand things. 

17 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@thisintegrated you need to stop judging people and how they lead their lives or drawing conclusions based on their personality. 

This is gross generalization and misrepresentation of how people feel on a collective level. 

This is like telling a rape victim their fears aren't real because they aren't currently getting raped 

You have absolutely zero clue on what suffering means and this clearly clearly tells me that you didn't suffer shit in life and you simply hit the keyboard and write the most insensitive stuff to people (reminds me of keyboard warriors on reddit), because if you really suffered enough, then you clearly wouldn't be tempted to judge other's suffering, you would have developed empathy for what others go through without wanting to question their suffering. Which you don't. 

Personality is simply a test of general nature and behavior, it says nothing about a person's quality of life. Anyone can suffer, literally anyone can suffer deeply and this would be regardless of their MBTI result. 

To base a person's life on their MBTI is absolutely projecting, assumptive and absurd. 

People with bpd or any other mental illness and irrespective of their MBTI suffer greatly because mental illness in of itself is a great suffering and you can never tell if someone with mental illness is suffering physically or not, your judgment is pitiful and lame. 

People wouldn't commit suicide if they weren't suffering deeply. Do not downplay. 

Remember a lot of mentally ill people end up killing themselves every year, they wouldn't if they didn't suffer a great deal. Finally suffering is what you feel on the inside rather than external circumstances. 

Somebody could be living in shitty conditions and live very happily because their mental condition is fine. Yet another could be living in a palace and still suffer depression. You cannot compare one person's suffering with another because at the end of the day, what they feel on the inside matters. 

Also you cannot tell a depression victim why are they taking their life so seriously. Or stop feeling depressed. Because you don't know how their life is impacting their mind and emotions, it's not impacting you, but it's impacting them. 

Stop judging people with your flimsy biased standards of behavior and incorporate some empathy in your attitude and you'll realize that your definition of mental illness, suffering and human behavior are extremely myopic, harsh,judgemental and cut throat. You're too immature to understand things. 

Sure I know what suffering is.  I just don't take my own suffering seriously.  No one should.  No matter what happens, life goes on, and any attachment to suffering is 100% your own doing.

Yes I'm unempathetic, I'm an ENTP.  Not only are emotions not a big focus for me, but I think everyone should be less sensitive.  Although I'm less emotional, I'm happier than most emotionally sensitive types such as yourself.  The more space negativity takes up, the less space is left for love and happiness.  You should aspire to be more like me;)

Suffering is 90% just worrying about suffering.  If you stopped judging everything as good and bad, nothing would bother you.  Learning to laugh at suffering is an essential skill you must learn sooner or later (though I think this may be a level Yellow ability, so might not make sense yet..)

If you take on other people's suffering, that's an unhealthy/immature ego.

If you take your own suffering seriously, that's an unhealthy/immature ego.

We shouldn't be enabling unhealthy egos.  We should, instead, be providing opportunities for people to overcome their egoic delusions.

Edited by thisintegrated

25 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

If you take on other people's suffering, that's an unhealthy/immature ego.

It's called empathy, a side effect of eroding the boundary between self and other :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's called empathy, a side effect of eroding the boundary between self and other :)

If Sadhguru saw you crying, do you think he'd feel horrible and depressed?  Of course not.  He could if he wanted to, and he'd likely have a good understanding of how you're feeling, but he wouldn't voluntarily make himself feel depressed just because he saw a sad person.

The more evolved someone is, the more control they have over their emotions.  Every moment in Sadhguru's life is happy.  Even if someone he knew died, he'd still be happy.  He'd be sad, but he'd still be happy.  Happiness doesn't come from anything.  It's your natural state, and nothing should be able to take it away from you ..unless you're still immature and are still controlled by external influences.

Edited by thisintegrated

19 minutes ago, Akashic said:

If you're so good at Psychology, how do you not know what the root word of empathy is?

What?

Perhaps if you studied etymology more you'd be familiar with the concept of "language evolution".

Empathy: "the ability to understand and share the feelings of another"

But even if by empathy you meant, specifically, "mirroring one's emotions" you can mirror the emotion/discomfort without letting it affect you—letting it make you suffer.

Discomfort isn't suffering.  It takes an ego for discomfort to become suffering.  And no one would gain anything from you choosing to suffer.  Sadhguru wouldn't suffer if he saw @Carl-Richard crying.. and neither should anyone else.

Edited by thisintegrated