thisintegrated

All the MBTI stereotypes are accurate??

229 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I'm not talkative at all

* proceeds to write a multi-page essay from an uncontrollable urge to share thought & feelings *

13 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I'm not even friends with anyone here 

You would have more friends here than me despite me having spent 4 years here. 

You have 100 followers.  Impressive for an introvert??

MBTI gives you an overall view. You cannot pick apart tiny things from it because you can't exactly measure those tiny things

You only say this as you've never studied the functions.  You're supposed to be typing using the functions.  They're not optional.  If you're going off "general descriptions" you're doing it wrong and will learn nothing.  You could spend 100 hours reading descriptions and you'll not have learned anything about MBTI.

people like you choose to give me excessive attention (which I absolutely do not appreciate and I'm a 100% sure that it has much to do with my gender more than anything else, which I can't help, I should probably change my gender on my profile to male for the likes of you who overly drool on me for whatever goddamn reason haha. I'm sure a man with my kind of personality would never attract this kind of attention on this forum. So there's that) 

Pretty sure I give @Carl-Richard and @AtheisticNonduality more attention than you??

But in any case, your essays are longer than mine, so I could accuse you of giving me "excessive attention" due to my gender too:P

EMPATH is not my hero function by the way. 

I have never seen my Fe as a hero. 

So you've always seen Ni as your hero function?  You identify with Ni more than feelings??

Edited by thisintegrated

@thisintegrated Can't argue with that last one. Fe is definitely more connectiveness to people than Te would. Some might sense that IxTJ people are the most disconnected from others do to inferior Fe. As in almost seeing humans are robotic organisms? And to them do they exist as an idea? 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

1 minute ago, thisintegrated said:

* proceeds to write a multi-page essay *

Look I already told you that you're basing me much on my forum personality. Introverts also have modes of communication. My preferred mode of communication is writing. 

Can we agree that for most introverts, their preferred Communication would be writing? Ask other introverts if you want.. 

Leo makes hundreds of 2 hour long videos. He is an introvert? 

6gu4si.jpg

I don't prefer verbal communication at all. I generally prefer texting. For that reason I compensate my lack of extroversion through copious amount of writing, that's where I can be myself, plus writing is my passion and hobby. I don't do it for people to read, I do it because it has always been my passion. Whether people read it or not doesn't matter. I already gave reasons why I write here versus privately. It has nothing to do with people. 

I feel very uncomfortable when people follow my journals. I would rather them not. 

6gu4u8.jpg

By your (flawed) logic, all authors must be extroverts??? 

Famous authors are introverts as shown above. 

Leo also wanted to write a book? 

You have 100 followers.  Impressive for an introvert??

Leo has more than 1000 followers. 

People like my writing and so they follow me. At least this must be the case. 

To be honest, I literally not pmed even a single follower in more than 2 months. Those followers, majority of them, are dead followers. I don't even know 90% of them. I don't even interact with any of them, nor do I go around gathering followers. Some stranger visits my profile and start following me. Much of it is because I'm a woman and this forum has a lot of men. They find me interesting for some reason. I'm sure if I were male I wouldn't even have 5 followers.. 

So it has nothing to do with extroversion. Females generally tend to gather more followers on any platform because males give them attention.. 

I just have more followers simply because I spent more time here, much of that time was spent journaling which is an introverted activity. 

Fun fact - my most followers came when I was into journaling 3 years ago in 2018. I did not interact with a single person on the forum. I was only in journals until 2019 November when I made my first post on the dating section. By then I had 60 followers already even with zero interaction. This tells me that I don't need to be an extrovert to gain following especially on this platform. If the quality of the posting is decent enough and if you are consistently posting regularly, you'll gain decent following. Despite being an introvert. 

You only say this as you've never studied the functions.  You're supposed to be typing using the functions.  They're not optional.  If you're going off "general descriptions" you're doing it wrong and will learn nothing.  You could spend 100 hours reading descriptions and you'll not have learned anything about MBTI.

I just don't get it. Who says this? Who decides this? You? 

The whole world follows the testing pattern. And why should they be wrong just because you thing they are wrong? 

I don't see anything wrong with relying on the test. 

General descriptions give you a clue on the traits of the personality. Again I don't see absolutely anything wrong with that. General descriptions are formed from aggregating statistics and general behaviors seen in the group 

It's so similar to what you are doing. 

You're telling people "look it seems you're ESFJ because ESFJs are stronger empaths." 

What did you do there? You're contradicting yourself. Because you just used a general descriptive based on what you think an ESFJ should be according to you. The internet is basically doing the same but you don't like it when the internet does it. 

When you describe an MBTI using functions, on a Meta level you're still putting a general description on it, it's only your description, but beware that you cannot go against the internet because internet stuff is based on statistical research, it's not flimsy by any means, it's based on group studies.. 

Pretty sure I give @Carl-Richard and @AtheisticNonduality more attention than you??

But in any case, your essays are longer than mine, so I could accuse you of giving me "excessive attention" due to my gender too:P

But you always make me out to be someone special. You don't do this to them. Maybe I appear fascinating to you for whatever reason. But remember whatever picture you have of me in your mind is your own imagination and fantasy you created out of me. I'm none of the shit you think I am. I'm boring. I am simple. 

You make me look like I'm some interesting person but that's your mental image of me. 

If you stopped looking at me that way, you'll realize i don't exist. 

So you've always seen Ni as your hero function?

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

38 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

So you've always seen Ni as your hero function?  You identify with Ni more than feelings??

I'll say that Ni (not Ne) is an important function to me. 

@Preety_India And what are the clues that you use Ni, and not Ne. How do you know which one you're using to be certain. What are the hints in your mind? Pictures, sounds?

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

9 minutes ago, BuddhistLover said:

@Preety_India And what are the clues that you use Ni, and not Ne. How do you know which one you're using to be certain. What are the hints in your mind? Pictures, sounds?

Ne knows a little about a lot, while Ni knows a lot about a little 

And that's the key difference. 

@BuddhistLover also

Ne is good at producing words, while Ni struggles to verbalize thoughts

7 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Look I already told you that you're basing me much on my forum personality. Introverts also have modes of communication. My preferred mode of communication is writing. 

Can we agree that for most introverts, their preferred Communication would be writing? Ask other introverts if you want.. 

Leo makes hundreds of 2 hour long videos. He is an introvert? 

6gu4si.jpg

Agreed. I feel this is one big reason why I disagree with him typing me as an ENFP rather than an INFP. I used to be so introverted, it bordered on selective mutism. In high school, I would virtually never initiate a casual conversation with anybody else than my closest friends. Just because I write a lot, that doesn't make me into a Russel Brand ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@thisintegrated Animals don't have higher-order Human Reason like complex logic or symbols that make up concepts in language, mathematics. But they have emotions that are primal, which of course have a logic to them since they have to recognize and respond to things of causality, of the outside world of patterns that the instincts must make sense of.

34 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

they have emotions that are primal, which of course have a logic to them since they have to recognize and respond to things of causality, of the outside world of patterns that the instincts must make sense of.

In other words.. "basic logic precedes emotion"

There you go, @Carl-Richard

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Agreed. I feel this is one big reason why I disagree with him typing me as an ENFP rather than an INFP. I used to be so introverted, it bordered on selective mutism.

I had selective mutism too in school.  I was always "the quiet kid".  In no way suggests I'm an introvert.

Edited by thisintegrated

@thisintegrated Trees perform processes that have logic in the sense they must do things that make sense regarding their environment, but that I not how people define logic. The "logic" that insects have is just mindless impulsions.

4 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@thisintegrated Trees perform processes that have logic in the sense they must do things that make sense regarding their environment, but that I not how people define logic. The "logic" that insects have is just mindless impulsions.

Trees can't choose anything.  Animals can.

Trees can't choose anything.  Animals can.

Nope, trees extend their branches to the sunlight. On the other hand, animals have no choices because they are slaves to their emotions.

Just now, AtheisticNonduality said:

Nope, trees extend their branches to the sunlight. On the other hand, animals have no choices because they are slaves to their emotions.

lol.  Trees don't choose to move to the sun.  

Just now, thisintegrated said:

lol.  Trees don't choose to move to the sun.  

How do you know that?

How do you differentiate between a tree choosing to move to the sun vs an animals choosing what to eat?

2 minutes ago, zurew said:

How do you know that?

How do you differentiate between a tree choosing to move to the sun vs an animals choosing what to eat?

Trees are 100% predictable in what they do.  Animals aren't, and take into account many variables.

Just now, AtheisticNonduality said:

@thisintegrated Sunflowers facing the sun, roots finding water, vines climbing tree limbs, flytraps consuming animals. Of course plants make choices!

Pretty sure you're just trolling now.  

Edited by thisintegrated

2 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Trees are 100% predictable in what they do.  Animals aren't, and take into account many variables.

Just because it would be harder to predict how animals would do in certain situations that does not mean it isn't possible to predict their behaviour 100%.

This convo going to a determinism vs free will debate

Edited by zurew

2 minutes ago, zurew said:

Just because it would be harder to predict how animals would do in certain situations that does not mean it isn't possible to predict their behaviour 100%.

What matters is the mechanism through which they do things.  Animals consider, then execute.  Trees just execute.  It's like the sun does the thinking for them.

Edited by thisintegrated

5 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

What matters is the mechanism through which they do things.  Animals consider, then execute.  Trees just execute.

Sure, but why the consideration matters, if given the right set of conditions they will always choose 1 thing over another.

Edited by zurew