Rocky

Do Stupid People Realise That They Are Stupid? ( This Is A Bit Of A Mindfuck)

13 posts in this topic

Sorry if this comes of as arrogant but I just want to get to the point I'm not intentionally trying to exercise my ego I'm just interested in this subject.

I've seen the same people who call or believe others to be stupid for various reasons also believe the same about the person who also believes they are stupid and unintelligent. 

Yet even if I believed someone to be stupid how would I know that im not the stupid one? 

Because I know that people who have mental disorders and are told they are acting strange often believe that they aren't the one acting strange, and that everyone else is? (for example)

Therefore this seems to be something very deceptive in built in human nature about how we perceive  information.And I'm assuming it's the ego comparing information with itself and if it doesn't align with its own beliefs then it comes across as nonsense, but even so that doesn't answer the question how you would find out who is right and who is wrong  especially on topics with no clear answers when either party sees itself as right and the other as stupid.

"Do not be offended by the ignorant, because they don't know that they are ignorant." -Marcus Aurelius 

those who are ignorant believe them to be wise, those who are wise know that they are ignorant. 

9 hours ago, aryberry said:

those who are ignorant believe them to be wise, those who are wise know that they are ignorant. 

But those who read a sentence believing that if they believe they are ignorant, that then they are wise, might end up deceiving themselves into instead thinking they're secrelty wise, therefore making them ignorant, ygm? :D 

Imagine how competitive the world would be if everyone was as smart as you. Imagine how much harder you would have to work for anything. Also, without my own ignorance, I would not have the experience of realizations and epiphanies, etc. Ever enjoy a magic trick? Ignorance is a blessing in many ways. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

how you would find out who is right and who is wrong  especially on topics with no clear answers when either party sees itself as right and the other as stupid.

No need to do anything, really, just say that it's his opinion and you respect it, but you that's not yours.

If you caught up yourself behaving like this, just practice mindfullness and realize that you truly don't know, because we don't know anything, everything is just beliefs stored in our head, we have no practical experiences to back up any of the beliefs we have.

Do you really know that the sun is the center of the solar system ?

Do you really know there was an holocaust ?

Do you really know if there isn't a god (Christian version) ?

It sounds silly, and I especially took these exemples to shake your head, but the truth is that we don't know.

You weren't into space, nor that you lived during the WWII, and you probably didn't die and come back to see if god is a reality.

When you start to see how little you really know about reality, you drop the game about rightness and wrongness almost instantly, because you now know that all of it is just pure illusions, that everyone is just defending their ego and its beliefs.

Maybe they are right, maybe they don't, maybe you're right, maybe you're not.

What you think you know isn't relevant, what other people think they know isn't relevant,

The only thing that is relevant is how conscious and in synch you are with life,

Everything else is just silly childish games.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

We are all somewhere on the ignorance scale - our place on it is always relative.  It's knowing that we are inherently "stupid" to some extent, that makes us wise.

There is actually a saying: "Intelligence is the only thing which is given equally. Everyone suspects that he has enough."

There is a huge difference between intelligence and wisdom.  There are highly intelligent people who are profoundly ignorant  (maybe due to their intelligence) and there are very simple minded people who are profoundly wise (maybe due to their understanding that they don't have all the right answers).

@Bronsoval Yep you are right!!! 

Intelligence is taking the given information and processing it effectively and drawing conclusions. Intelligence is a component of wisdom, but a wise person goes beyond intelligence. He is able to use intelligence for a big picture understanding, to see down the road so to speak.

22 hours ago, Bronsoval said:

There is a huge difference between intelligence and wisdom.

Indeed.

Data is not information until it has been collected, collated and organized.
Information is not knowledge (intelligence) until it is absorbed and comprehended.
Knowledge is not understanding nor wisdom, until it is given perspective and associated with life experience.

And my favorite:

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is knowing not to use a tomato in a fruit salad.
And the difference between salad and garbage, is timing.

Edited by jse
added stuff

On 1/2/2017 at 2:31 AM, Rocky said:

Yet even if I believed someone to be stupid how would I know that im not the stupid one? 

Obviously, you won't. Only a person with an intelligence greater than our own can point out our flaws.

This is the reason, stupid people tend to remain stupid, they do not know their level of intelligence and cannot evaluate intelligence of someone who has an intelligence greater than their own. This is the "natural law", if you prefer, a person of lower intelligence has no clue how intelligence others are, he thinks he is the most intelligent one, most of the time.

Something interesting - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

A good rule of thumb is to think about what you think. It's a powerful Now thing. Notice when you are trying to think about what people are thinking, it's impossible. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE