Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RedLine

Does Superlike work (Tinder)?

19 posts in this topic

I have been using this application for a week. For those who don´t know, in Tinder both need to give like to start messaging, but you have the option to give a superlike (you have 5 for free every week and can pay 2$ for every one additional) and send her a short message. 

The way I see it is:

Advantages: you can write an open, even whith some push-pull or qualify her. You stand out from the rest of guys that send regular like with no message.

Disvantages: the concepto of "superlike" is too needy and put you under her.

I though superlike was much better but for the moment the matches I got were using regular like. 

6 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Disvantages: the concepto of "superlike" is too needy and put you under her.

Yeah this was my issue with this. There's like a weird dynamic that comes with it 

Edited by Jacob Morres

12 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

Yeah this was my issue with this. There's like a weird dynamic that comes with it 

Yes. I think superlike doesn't bring  any great results, at least not for me.

2 minutes ago, Tudo said:

Yes. I think superlike doesn't bring  any great results, at least not for me.

What kind of meesage do you attach? Have you try to push-pull?

Edited by RedLine

It's just an extra like to use, nothing special. Don't invest too much time or energy into apps (and definitely no money), it's just a convenient tool to lands a lot of dates and sort the wheat from the chaff.

Tinder is kinda garbage though, Bumble is really the only app worth using.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Don’t do the superlike, it can come across as creepy/desperate unfortunately. Unless you’re devilishly good looking you might get away with it..

Anything will work if you look good, and nothing will work if you don't.

That's how online game works.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Check out this podcast episode though. Dude has a dope strategy to get mad matches on tinder

Basically insanely good pics + photo feeler (to get public ratings on ur pics)

Then tinder gold + boosts and then make a system/funnel for mass messaging girls 

Dude gets hundreds of matches in a short time 

There's some details I missed though 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Having a good looking body and face definitely helps more with online dating than with IRL approaching and dating. Yet, having a handsome face and/or a hot body are still not the only factors that determine your success rate for online dating. In fact, your body and face are still the least important factors for success with online dating.

These are the things that women are most interested in when it comes to being successful with any form of online game:  

- How good you dress in your photos

- How cool and fashionable your haircut/hairstyle is in your photos

- How interesting of a lifestyle you portray in your photos

- How emotionally compelling your body language and facial expressions are in your photos

- The image quality of your photos. That's why you definitely need to get most of your photos done by either a professional photographer or by some really skilled amateur photographer if you can. Though the best online dating experts say that you should still have about 1-2 photos of you in your online profile that have not been done professionally or with photography skill. That way, having a good mix of high quality images and regular quality images of you will make your online profile look not just impressive and appealing but also authentic. 

Edited by Hardkill

Sort of. There is a middle ground on tinder where you are attractive enough to get some matches but not enough to get swarmed with matches.

If that is you, superlikes and tinder platinum can help you get exposure

But honestly, don’t put that much effort into Tinder. Get a semi-decent profile together, pay if you have an abundant amount of money, leave it running in the background and check it occasionally

In the meantime go out into the real world and talk to girls there

It’s very unlikely you’re going to get high quality girls on tinder because high quality girls don’t need to use tinder. If they do, they’re looking for extremely superficial traits

13 hours ago, Jacob Morres said:

Check out this podcast episode though. Dude has a dope strategy to get mad matches on tinder

Basically insanely good pics + photo feeler (to get public ratings on ur pics)

Then tinder gold + boosts and then make a system/funnel for mass messaging girls 

Dude gets hundreds of matches in a short time 

There's some details I missed though 

I will try the boost trick he says, if it does not work either I will stop trying. I don´t know what´s wrong, I am good looking and girls like me in real life. Looks like girls are just in this app to boost their egos, not to actually meet guys. Probably need to hire a proffesional photographer as other user says, but don´t want to spend money in that. 

31 minutes ago, RedLine said:

I will try the boost trick he says, if it does not work either I will stop trying. I don´t know what´s wrong, I am good looking and girls like me in real life. Looks like girls are just in this app to boost their egos, not to actually meet guys. Probably need to hire a proffesional photographer as other user says, but don´t want to spend money in that

Seriously dude, it’s not worth the hit to your self esteem to keep using or thinking about shitty dating apps. I spent like a year optimising my tinder profile that I’m never getting back only for mediocre results that don’t compare to the real world

Edited by something_else

On 10/5/2022 at 4:51 AM, Jacob Morres said:

@RedLine

Boosts alone won't do the trick, ur profile needs to be fully optimized 

Ok, I have tried the trick and it does not work at all, 0 likes, 0 matches.

I don´t get I, I am pretty handsome, it seems like the app is restricting me for some reason

19 minutes ago, RedLine said:

I don´t get I, I am pretty handsome, it seems like the app is restricting me for some reason

Yeah, it's called being a man on a dating app LOL.

hrhrhtewgfegege

14 hours ago, RedLine said:

Oh my sweet summer child

Seriously, get off dating apps. They will crumble your self-esteem as you fight and struggle for scraps of low-quality women

You could prob get yourself a decent profile that gets you some matches, but it will take a lot of work that's better spent in the real world

If you want honest feedback on your profile, go to r/tinder and post your profile in the weekly review. Or put your pics on photofeeler

On 5/12/2022 at 5:33 PM, RedLine said:

...? Bc boosts alone don't get u the matches... ur profile needs to be an S or A tier profile. U gotta watch the video for the strategy 

Aint no trick or silver bullet bruh

Edited by Jacob Morres

It works , if you have a well prepared profile

it may give you a start in matching .

but the real work starts at that point . hw you open the conversation how you talk and so on

so Super like is just like add a friend button on facebook

it has its function , but it's nothing special

Superlikes makes you stand out a little bit from the other guys. It does work, obviously in combination with common sense attraction principles. Most people like to be liked a little extra:) Personally, it could turn a 'X' to a '<3', if you're not too far away from what the girl usually likes of course.