Someone here

I'm addicted to this forum !

29 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Many of the people who are posting here 10-15 posts a day, every half an hour or so, simply don't have a life, that's all. Online spaces in general, tend to be havens for disfunctional people. The solution is simple: get a fucking life. Social life, goals - both short term and long term, stuff to do every single day. Improve every single day. If after doing all of that, you still find time for this forum, then everything's fine.

Bro you got 1700 posts lol

AND for the last 7 hours you posted literally EVERY hourxD

Edited by Michael Jackson

On 21/04/2022 at 10:31 PM, Someone here said:

If some of you notice I post a lot.  Almost every day I come up with a new post .and I have a high post count.  

I will be honest about it ..the way I use this forum is not about "personal development " but just to chat with highly intelligent people from all over the world about interesting stuff that I can't talk about with my family or friends or anyone in real life . I specifically like the spirituality section. Where else in real life could I have such high quality conversation about the deepest existential questions like god and reality and death and free will and solipsism (to name a few of the topics that I'm interested in).

So anyways ..any suggestions to how to use this forum properly and not just turn it into a distraction like playing video games or smoking? 

So, this is you new 'masturbation' thing, is it?

Stopped stroking the cock and started stroking the mental cock.

Perhaps you need to work on the underlying issue to all of this.

Also, someone mentioned life purpose and that is true. But you can't just force that on you, I guess. It has to pull you by itself. Then everything else falls away, because you keep thinking about your thing.

On 25/04/2022 at 0:56 AM, Gesundheit2 said:

Thanks for this insight. I kinda do that subconsciously all the time, but bringing this to the conscious mind could potentially take my productivity to a whole new level.

On 25/04/2022 at 1:19 AM, Zeroguy said:

Great advice.

ENTJ 8w7

Glad I could help :) 

@Someone here 

Take a break and see how much you really miss the forum - spoiler alert, after a surprisingly short time, you won't even miss it (at all). You'll even forget that it exists. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about ??

We need distance in order to evaluate a relationship (in this case to the forum), and this is achieved by taking a break and seeing the thing for what it's actually worth.

You already recognized that the forum is merely an addiction and a means to overcoming your boredom and desire for intellectual stimulation, and in recognizing this, you have already taken the first step.

You know you won't stay here forever. Obviously. Delete the bookmark on your computer (if you have one) and stop compulsively opening the forum, if you do this for just a few days you will probably after maybe 3 days have forgotten about it and then one day suddenly recognize that you have forgotten about it. And that's where the true value reveals itself to you. 

On 24/04/2022 at 2:19 PM, Zeroguy said:
On 24/04/2022 at 2:19 PM, Zeroguy said:

How much do you value your time? What is the dollar value of your time? In other words, what’s your aspirational hourly rate? 

E.g. If your aspirational hourly rate is $500/hr, and you spend an hour a day on this forum, are you getting $500 worth of value from this forum? Or would that time be better spent in doing things that have a higher ROI such as taking action (or more action) on what brings you closer to your goals? 

Great advice.

ENTJ 8w7

This is the most ENTJ 8w7 thing I've ever seen.. lmao  (@Carl-Richard, since you wanted examples..)

So woke, yet so asleep

Edited by thisintegrated

5 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

This is the most ENTJ 8w7 thing I've ever seen.. lmao  (@Carl-Richard, since you wanted examples..)

So woke, yet so asleep

Haha were you meant to refer to me?  

I read this forum like the paper from time to time, lots of learning. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present.