Leo Gura

The 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread

2,963 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There is an episode titled “Updated : DMT Vaping With The Zeus Sub Ohm” from Minty Love. It's about how to make non-rebuildable atomiser tank vaping (“sub ohm”) work for you.

That episode is the one from which I learnt most of the stuff that I will talk below. I compiled a short how-to guide to vaping to complement the Minty’s video. It’s for those people who tried snorting or plugging 5-meo-dmt (or 5-meo-malt) but want to try a different ROA (route of administration). I get a feeling from talking to others that vaping is a superior psychedelic delivery method that most people will find their way to in the end. But there are some supplies you need to buy first and a bit of learning curve to this. Another reason why vaping appeals to me is that once you’ve figured out how to do it, it’s available at a moment’s whim any time any place. So, you can make it a permanent lifestyle fixture (i.e., work it into your routine somehow).

Shree pointed out to me that with his emesh rda, vaping smoke smelt like burnt rubber and I never had that problem with sub ohm, which inspired me to write this very guide. In general, I would describe the 5-meo smell more pleasant than unpleasant.

I also have some experience smoking n,n-dmt in the GVG Vapour Genie pipe. I fumbled a lot with it and made mistakes. Nothing wrong with the pipe if you know what you’re doing. But the trips were very difficult on me because I used a lot of substance. Vaping allows you more control over the dosing. In this way, you won’t blast yourself to the smithereens by accident. So if you mostly use a pipe and the going is hard, this could be a reason for you to try ejuice vaping.

Supplies you’ll need to buy:

0) Psychedelic (e.g., 5-meo-dmt or 5-meo-malt). Since the freebase version of 5-meo-dmt is as available as the HCL version, you can go with the freebase version.

But what about 5-meo-malt? I haven’t heard from anyone about the freebase version being available anywhere. There’s a way to convert HCL to freebase as discussed here.

However, recently What Am I highlighted that if you dissolve your 5-meo in a liquid vehicle, then you can just use the HCL version. No conversion is (arguably) required.

If you’ve gone emesh rda, you’re not affected by the above discussion and you still need to convert. So, this might be another reason for you to try sub ohm.

It’s even possible to smoke the HCL version of any chemical by applying direct heat (i.e., no liquid carrier involved) the same way you would the freebase version but it’s been reported that the results are poor.

1) Mod. I guess any mod will do but if you don’t already have one, go with Geekvape Aegis Solo 100W TC. There are two versions of Solo: V2 and the original V1. Minty argues that V1 is of higher quality than V2 (“temperature control issues”) but only some stores still stock V1 and you will need to be able to tell V2 and V1 apart to get the original. However, there's nothing wrong with V2 either if you aren't too picky. I’ve got version 1 and I’m happy with it. An example of Version 1 can be found here.

2) Battery. The Solo mod uses a 18650 battery. Brand of battery doesn't matter (for intents and purposes of this guide) as long as the size is right (any vape shop will carry these). The available sizes for different mods are: 18650, 20700, 21700

3) Tank. I’ve got Geekvape Z Sub Ohm (Zeus) Tank. I had Cerberus tank and it would leak as it had the “hatch” (airflow control) at the bottom as opposed to at the top like Zeus tank does. So learn from my mistakes.

4) Coils. I’ve got Geekvape Z Series Coils (Pack of 5). Make sure the coils are for Zeus tank (as per the Minty's guide). Coils also come in sizes. Minty recommends (listed in the order of preference) Z0.15, followed by Z0.15XM and, lastly, Z0.2 coils. I’ve got Z0.2 and I’m happy with them. The tank will come with one coil installed inside it. Mostly probably it’s Z0.2. So, these are spares.

5) Vegetable Glycerin (VG). It’s a thickener, i.e., prevents leaking, and it also prevents dry hits. A dry hit is an unpleasant experience in which, when you take a hit from your vaping device, you are left with a bad taste in your mouth and a vapourless hit. This is often the result of there not being enough e-liquid on the wick (in this guide, our wick being coil), which leads to a dry, cotton-like taste in your mouth after inhaling.

6) Propylene Glycol (PG). As per Girzo, Vegetable Glycerin (VG) is responsible for clouding. You don't want big clouds. You want as little smoke as possible. Ideally, you would want propylene glycol (PG) only, but it's impossible. The mix would be too runny and seep in between the gaps of the device. But if you like lots of smoke feel free to use the 50/50 mix. Usually, your choice is between 70/30 and 80/20. You will need to see for yourself if 20% or 30% VG makes more sense to you (or if you can even feel a difference)

7) Drip Tip for the tank. Size 810 for the Zeus tank. Don’t get size 510 by accident. I've got one of these in 810:

IMG_1966.jpg

8) Syringe. A small syringe preferably (e.g., 1ml, 5ml, 10ml, etc.) with a needle if possible. From your pharmacy or off the internet. They are optional but useful. So, the tank has a narrow hole (“fill port”) through which you will need to deliver your liquid ejuice. As you would imagine, a needle is very narrow. The syringe could also help you measure out 3 ml of PG and 1 ml of VG if you decide to go 75PG/25VG (see below).

Mixing:

Mixing 5-meo-dmt (or maybe 5-meo-malt) ejuice for sub ohm:

1) PG/VG mix ratio: Minty mentions 80PG/20VG and I use that too

So, if you decided to mix 4ml of carrier, then 80% PG means 3.2ml of PG and 20% VG means 0.8ml of VG.

2) Substance to carrier ratio: I go 1:4, meaning 1 gram of 5-meo to 4 ml of PG/VG mix. An important side note here is that Minty mentions the ratio for n,n-dmt. But 5-meo packs more punch than n,n-dmt per mg. 1:4 works for me but if you find that the vaping experience is too intense, then you can dilute the liquid vehicle with more PG/VG mix.

3) Mod wattage: Minty mentions 30W-35W. I set 33W

4) Toke length (holding the substance smoke in your lungs): Minty mentions 6-10 seconds. I would start by holding in the smoke for brief 5 seconds to understand if you didn't take too much.

For example, 1 gram of malt, 3 ml of PG, 1 ml of VG will give you 75/25 1:4.

When loading liquid remember to be quick (as Girzo and Minty conveniently pointed out). Otherwise, the liquid will seep through the bottom and you will need to collect it with a syringe and repeat the procedure. This one won't be obvious before you see it for yourself. Basically, at some point your will need to take off the top of your tank and load the liquid carrier (with your syringe, probably). Then you will need to replace the top quickly as to avoid the problem described above.

P.S. Word on the street is that 5-meo-malt from Canada 🇨🇦 is higher quality than the Dutch 🇳🇱 malt. I believe that too. So, if you’re buying malt, get it from Canada.

P.P.S. There’s an alternative of getting a vape pen and then loading your eliquid into a cartridge. People swear by it but I’ve never tried it. So do your own research if that’s the road you want to take.

IMG_1961.jpeg

Edited by maxpechura

I've been talking with spirits or something after my 5-MeO DMT experience a few years ago. It's like a daily habit to talk with these spirits and I can't find a rational explanation for it at all.

https://aapo.blog/

my personal website-actualized since 2015-just waiting for the day-we have the first guys on the forum

born on 2015 :P

For the setup described above in my guide for Geekvape Aegis Solo sub ohm vaping, you're using the "plug and play" coils (e.g., Z0.15, Z0.2, etc.). You will only use POWER mode. You won't need other settings (TI, SS, NI, TCR, VPC, BYPASS) that the mod comes with.

IMG_2222.jpg

To switch the mode of operation for Geekvape Aegis Solo:
1) Press the Fire button 3 times in quick succession to enter the setting mode.
2) Highlight the working mode with the cursor then press the "+" or "-" button to toggle between working modes.

It's not always obvious how to turn the device on or off:
Press the Fire button 5 times in quick succession within 2s

In the Power working mode, press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the power (we want 33W).
The mod will not turn off automatically. Instead, it will go into the stand-by mode draining the battery a little bit over time.
You can charge the device using a cable that the mod comes with.

Cheap Zeus tanks, Z0.15 coils and beautifully crafted drip tips are available on AliExpress.

Here's the mod parts diagram from the owner manual:

aegis mod parts.PNG

Note that the 510 connector shown above is for the tank when you screw it on on top of the mod. You will screw the drip tip on top of the tank. For the Zeus tank, the connector for the drip tip is 810.

Also, on the diagram above the airflow control is located at the bottom of the tank. However, Zeus tanks have airflow opening at the top of the tank, which is a better design because that the juice can’t leak out as the hole is high above.

Here's some guidance from the manual describing loading your liquid vehicle into the tank:

loading vehicle.PNG

N.B. The user manual states that the mod comes with two 0.4 resistance coils (and we want either 0.15 or 0.2). However, the tank also comes with a coil (preinstalled inside the tank). In the case of Zeus, it’s probably 0.2.

Edited by maxpechura