Blackhawk

Sweden And Finland Consider Joining Nato

23 posts in this topic

It's not 100% confirmed and official yet, but it's obvious that within a month Sweden and Finland will apply for Nato membership. And that is a very good thing.

Edited by Leo Gura
Misleading title

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

It's not 100% confirmed and official yet, but it's obvious that within a month Sweden and Finland will apply for Nato membership. And that is a very good thing.

Well not for Putin. Don't you have a heart?

5 minutes ago, mojsterr said:

Well not for Putin. Don't you have a heart?

Are you serious or kidding?

1 minute ago, Blackhawk said:

Are you serious or kidding?

It was a joke.

As a Swede, I can confirm what you're saying. Will be very interesting to see Putin's response. I doubt they will attack, but if they do, over 200 years of peace in Sweden is broken.

I paint abstract art. Check out my website and let me know what you think.

https://www.galleriabstrakt.se/collections/all

(I only ship within Sweden so forgive me if you see a painting you'd like but can't order)

18 minutes ago, 8Ball said:

As a Swede, I can confirm what you're saying. Will be very interesting to see Putin's response. I doubt they will attack, but if they do, over 200 years of peace in Sweden is broken.

I don't think he will attack Sweden. He is losing the Ukraine war he lost a lof of resources and money, i don't think he can manage to attack Sweden too.

Sweden would be much harder to wrap around in lies and justifications to attack.

I don't know how turning yourself into a target is somehow a "very good thing" ?

I don't get it

Edited by Yog

42 minutes ago, Yog said:

I don't know how turning yourself into a target is somehow a "very good thing" ?

I don't get it

@Yog I don't see how they're making themselves into a target. Wouldn't joining NATO make Sweden and Finland less likely to be attacked?

1 hour ago, Peter-Andre said:

@Yog I don't see how they're making themselves into a target. Wouldn't joining NATO make Sweden and Finland less likely to be attacked?

I am no military expert, but this is what Zakharova had stated a month ago:

What that means, I don't know. Attack after they got their intel of joining NATO for sure confirmed. Economic, blocade... I really have no clue.

But all and all it looks more like an escalation and less like deescalation. I hope I am wrong, but right now this seems like a very bad move if its done. To Russia this will feel like they are closing down on her. Which is something you do not want to do if you really want peace and deescalation. The way it looks to me it will only bring more dead people and not less.

2 hours ago, Yog said:

I don't get it

Nato deters from aggression.

So a Nato membership makes you much less a target.

20 minutes ago, Yog said:

I am no military expert, but this is what Zakharova had stated a month ago:

What that means, I don't know. Attack after they got their intel of joining NATO for sure confirmed. Economic, blocade... I really have no clue.

But all and all it looks more like an escalation and less like deescalation. I hope I am wrong, but right now this seems like a very bad move if its done. To Russia this will feel like they are closing down on her. Which is something you do not want to do if you really want peace and deescalation. The way it looks to me it will only bring more dead people and not less.

Haha. You build your opinion on stuff what the Russian regime is saying?

What you need to understand is that the Russian regime always talks in opposite language.

If they say that we shouldn't join Nato, then we should join Nato. Etc.

If you want to know the truth, then just turn everything that they say 180 degrees.

Edited by Blackhawk

If Putin had concerns about NATO expansion along Russia's borders, he's sure as hell made that a self fulfilling policy through the way that Russia's been treating its neighbors.

That said, a cornered animals is when it's at it's most dangerous, as Putin's failure in Ukraine could mean the beginning of the end of his regime. So it's important to give Putin a way out of Ukraine while saving face.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Haha. You build your opinion on stuff what the Russian regime is saying?

I am basing my opinion on first hand experience of seeing a literal dog pushed in the corner. Psychology of survival scales from individual wezels to human collectives.

If you want to know the truth, then just turn everything that they say 180 degrees.

What they got may be poop, but there ain't no ice cream the other way. Though certainly you'll be told there is and given one.

Semi creative advert :
New tasty ice cream, new taste, come here, eat, eat, its !NEW!, we promise its !NEW!, its not the same as the last one we had, its NEW, only at our place, the only place that knows how to make proper ice cream in town. It comes out from the back part of the cow, almost like milk does, its brown, almost like chocolate, yes chocolate, mmmm imagine chocolate!! you'll like it, it is after all, tasty ice cream. Never again go over the street, the Russians are scamming you and selling you poop instead of ice cream. Come here, eat! Subscribe and get free ice cream every day, grow to love our new taste by eating it every day. Lets say again! Ice cream, repeat the words, its tasty ice cream!!!, never get scammed again, come to our place.

Honestly... I am tired of ice cream...though this may be a cool script, I'll save it.

This is what I get 180 degrees opposite of that.

Edited by Yog

1 hour ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

But yeah, obviously both sides are shitty. But I think you won't dissagree, that it's much better to live on NATO side, rather than Russian/Chinese side lol. I'd pick NATO shit over Russian shit any day of the week

Yes ofc me too. Western countries are far more developed in various of ways. If I had to pick where to live it would probably be somewhere there, lets say Scandinavia.

Its most of all the covert deception behind military actions, creating economic dependence, or lets say the recent total media brainwash take over that bugs me both in regards to internal and external politics. But in terms of living, yea, the west is no brainer.

1 hour ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

It's hard to say how Russia will respond to this - but honestly, maybe NATO can afford to push more. Maybe, Russia is only making empty threats, but in reality, they are not capable of doing shit. Nuclear war would be suicidal, so they won't do that. Attacking another country would be suicidal as well.

Cornered dog at least has a potential to somehow get out of the trap - maybe kill couple of hunters, bite their throats off - and then flee, and see another day, alive. Russia on the other hand, has zero chance to survive if things escalate.

I am doubting the capability of Russia to pull it off too, given their situation. But I am afraid they might try anyway, I hope they won't pull something mega-stupid out of their sleeve.

Also it will probably piss off China, only to what degree, we'll see I guess.

Edited by Yog

1 hour ago, Yog said:

I am basing my opinion on first hand experience of seeing a literal dog pushed in the corner. Psychology of survival scales from individual wezels to human collectives.

What they got may be poop, but there ain't no ice cream the other way. Though certainly you'll be told there is and given one.

Semi creative advert :
New tasty ice cream, new taste, come here, eat, eat, its !NEW!, we promise its !NEW!, its not the same as the last one we had, its NEW, only at our place, the only place that knows how to make proper ice cream in town. It comes out from the back part of the cow, almost like milk does, its brown, almost like chocolate, yes chocolate, mmmm imagine chocolate!! you'll like it, it is after all, tasty ice cream. Never again go over the street, the Russians are scamming you and selling you poop instead of ice cream. Come here, eat! Subscribe and get free ice cream every day, grow to love our new taste by eating it every day. Lets say again! Ice cream, repeat the words, its tasty ice cream!!!, never get scammed again, come to our place.

Honestly... I am tired of ice cream...though this may be a cool script, I'll save it.

This is what I get 180 degrees opposite of that.

You base your opinion on a dog and ice cream.. okay.

6 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

You base your opinion on a dog and ice cream.. okay.

Lol you base your opinion on believing and doing the complete opposite of what some source of authority that you don't personally like says and believing and doing the almost exact same thing that some other source of authority wants you too, in the version it wants to present itself as, that you are survivally biased towards and like says. 

A semi-useful analogy for your method and level/stage of reasoning and thinking about politics in the world would be the following:

If you by chance were born and incarnated in the 15th or 16th century in some Northern or Central European country back then, with your logic now that you are only applying to Russian places of power and authority, by believing and doing the complete opposite of what they say in a mindless contrarian way, you wouldn't respond to the religious authoritarianism and repressions of the Catholic Church by reassessing, improving, and revising their presented official version, doctrine and dogma of a "only one way right Christianity and to be a Christian" by becoming part of the Reformation and becoming a Protestant for example, no you would probably land yourself, with this logic that you apply to the current Russian government institutions transposing only it to the Catholic Church then in this hypothetical, by doing, as you say, the complete 180 opposite of what they say, in some occult or satanist cult existing back then, just in order to spite the Church and to do the complete opposite of what they say you should believe or do as a Christian, you would go so far as to cease completely being one just in order for you to spite them and do complete opposite of what they recommended or said that you should believe or do. 

Needless to say this kindergarten level of behaviour, psychological development and reasoning about politics and the world - "The daycare teacher that I don't like and hate said I shouldn't do this so that must mean I should do it because she probably doesn't want me to do it because it's going to be fun for me, and that's the only reason she doesn't want me do it because her sole reason of existence is to deny me fun and doing things that are fun to me - and then you would proceed to suddenly run up and jump towards the fence and impale your genitals on it and fracture your skull and have a head concussion when doing a back flip landing on the other side in the process."

Btw to mention in advance before judging the merits of my analogies and arguments based on the projection of my percieved personal political affiliations and their political implications notice I haven't written anything in this criticism of this type of reasoning and argumentation about whether or whether or not should Sweden, the Swedes and the Swedish citizens and the Swedish government decide to join and become an official member of NATO relatively very soon at this moment and period of time in international politics - no I just criticized the utter asinine brain rot contrarianist way of having a slightest indication of a thought about that prospect directed exclusively towards spitting and being contrarian for being contrarians sake (like 3-4 year old child not getting what it wants from it's parents) the percieved "others" way of seeing things from their perspective and concerns approach of a method of the way how you are going to be doing and conducting such a thing and applying for such a process - hopefully in a layered, step-by-step reasonable transition process with no antagonism prejudice attached towards some percieved "other" threat, mostly for one's own sake, stability, integrity and sense of independence and self-reliant security. 

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

@Fleetinglife Um, maybe stop taking things so literally?

I don't actually base my opinion on turning everything which the Russians says 180 degrees.

I form my opinion by using my own brain.

And it turns out that the truth is usually 180 degrees from what the guys in Kremlin says.

Edited by Blackhawk

28 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

@Fleetinglife Um, maybe stop taking things so literally?

I don't actually base my opinion on turning everything which the Russians says 180 degrees.

I base my opinion by using my own brain.

And it turns out that the truth is usually 180 degrees from what the guys in Kremlin says.

There is no other way to write and to read but in a literal form ?

It's kinda odd not to be literal and unironic when stating one's wants, reasons and motivations for country one's lives in wanting to join a security alliance, which pretty much affects one's life there, no? 

The truth of any matter is usually not black and white, and it is not exclusively an abstract geometrical object for you so you can speak of it in rotational degrees and turn it in the way you like and then declare that to be truth, for how one's needs currently suited to be so. 

I urge you then to use it more efficiently and be more precise and clear when writing and stating your opinions or thoughts on some matter in public forums and spaces, for it cannot be easily seen or deduced by others that you are being "not literal" when you write them in the open with no further notice and disclaimers for all to read and see lol. 

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

Is China entering a war with Sweden and Finland? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

16 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Is China entering a war with Sweden and Finland? 

No.