Someone here

Death ?

30 posts in this topic

To me it seems that the only way to know what death is or what comes after death is by actually dying. You can't know it unless you experience it .is that correct ? Can you become conscious of what death is without needing to commit suicide ?

P.S I'm talking actual physical death not some flimsy ego death or whatnot .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

We have identification with the "body". When we physically die, the identity dies completely. But while "you" are alive, and experience yourself and identify yourself less with the body, you can access and "experience" "physical" death.

Ego death, is the surrounding apparent worldly relation between "you" and the things you "know" as your identity, and the relationship with "your" environment, upbringing, psychological and emotional issues, thoughts, feelings, perceptions, attachments and so on.

The further "we" go along the pathless path, the more we realize that there never was a "my physical body". The further you let go of your identification with those thoughts and attachments, the more you transmute and transform, the realization dawns: There never were a "physical" or non-physical body. It just appears to be. Its all part of the relationship between your dream and "you". Its what you are Imagining to "be" right now.

But since you/me/we/us are using this body and this dream, and to have a "ground" to stand on, as a "solid physical reality" we limit ourselves by attaching anchors to this reality with this "body", to be able to experience what we want to experience 'here'.
These anchors are:  Un-lived desires, dreams, hopes, feelings, the type of food and worldly content we are addicted/used to, and so on.

By loosening our attachments and learning to transmute, actualize and transform our Awareness and Consciousness, through our "view" we can expand our sense of physiology, and see more and more, that this body is not "solid", "real", "physical" as we once thought.
And with practices such as meditation, psychedelics, release of traumas and working on our psyche: We can become more and more lucid within this dream, and possibly be able to access alternative states of Consciousness.

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

What is the exact difference for you between ego death and physical death? Where can you draw your clear line?

15 minutes ago, zurew said:

What is the exact difference for you between ego death and physical death? Where can you draw your clear line?

I'm talking about when the physical body dies .stops breathing and the heart stops beating. So there is a clear boundary between that and some psychological death while maintaining the body's life (to die before you die as they say )

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Exactly. @Someone here How is ego death different from "physical death"?

When I died, the body was dead but I was awake. The whole physical world is inside my mind. Mind = Physical world

Ps: When I say world, I'm not saying things outside experience. Those are thoughts.

Edited by Vibes

@Vibes I answered here 

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I'm talking about when the physical body dies .stops breathing and the heart stops beating. So there is a clear boundary between that and some psychological death while maintaining the body's life (to die before you die as they say )

-Osho

@Someone here When mind = world, it does not matter if the body breathes or not. The body is inside my mind, just like anything else.

So even if the body started to rotten, I'd still be awake.

I just don't know how the world would change after that (reincarnation or whatever). To answer that I have to trip more times.

30 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Vibes I answered here 

You can go through the entire "process" of dying, rotting, watching your body being cremated and turned to dust. And you will still be there. You are imagining all of it. If you choose to do so. You can also just choose to swap to another dream or whatever you wish to design and live through.

My last 10 trips has started of where the last time ended with "physical" death.

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

In NDEs where people are declared clinically dead and then revived, many people report experiences similar to God awakenings a la 5-MeO. Awakening to God happens in the domain of ego death, and ego death is what the experience of death is like. It's simply the process of distancing oneself from one's individuated physicality. Similarly in void experiences, you literally lose contact with all sense perceptions and mind activity.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

34 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

In NDEs where people are declared clinically dead and then revived, many people report experiences similar to God awakenings a la 5-MeO. Awakening to God happens in the domain of ego death, and ego death is what the experience of death is like. It's simply the process of distancing oneself from one's individuated physicality. Similarly in void experiences, you literally lose contact with all sense perceptions and mind activity.

49 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Someone here Ego death and NDE is probably the closest thing to physical death one can come while still having a body left to tell the tale.

48 minutes ago, Vincent S said:

You can go through the entire "process" of dying, rotting, watching your body being cremated and turned to dust. And you will still be there. You are imagining all of it. If you choose to do so. You can also just choose to swap to another dream or whatever you wish to design and live through.

My last 10 trips has started of where the last time ended with "physical" death.

So when we die we first enter into a psychedelic trip -like experiences and then we reincarnate?

Man that's giving me existential crisis ? 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So when we die we first enter into a psychedelic trip -like experiences and then we reincarnate?

I don't know about the ego death which is experienced when on a psychedelic trip. The one I talk about is believing you'll die with all the physical symptoms like increased heart rate, sweating etc.

12 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Why existential crisis? ?

24 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Maybe you should ask someone who remembers this process in detail (*cough* Sadhguru *cough*).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

It’s a kind of sappy new-agey video, but it’s the only video I could find that has a sort of compilation of the different common phenomenon people experience during the process of death.  Now this of course does not tell you what happens after the body has completely ceased to function, because all of these people came back, and therefore did not actually die.  I assume that there is actually no way to know until your body is totally “dead”.  But maybe it could give us a clue.  Either way, whatever phenomenon arises is just something you as God are dreaming up.  But there seems to be regularities within this dream.

23 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Now this of course does not tell you what happens after the body has completely ceased to function, because all of these people came back, and therefore did not actually die.  I assume that there is actually no way to know until your body is totally “dead”.

It's all Mind. The body is just another thing inside Mind. If the body started to rot, it would be just a change in the content inside Mind.

That's hard to understand until you shift.

images.png

3 minutes ago, Vibes said:

It's all Mind. The body is just another thing inside Mind. If the body started to rot, it would be just a change in the content inside Mind.

That's hard to understand until you shift.

images.png

No, yeah I agree.  Death isn’t even a thing ultimately, it’s just a shift from one state to another state.  I guess the question is just, what state do we shift to when the dream of being this human ends?

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Its the psychedelic showing you what you imagine to be "your" death. What we believe is the psychedelic trip is what being absolutely conscious is, just that its a smaller taste of it when we "trip" in "real life".
You are getting a sneak peak of something you believe is going to be "your" death ;)

What I am pointing to is that: Even if you imagine yourself with your imaginary body to be going through a process called "death",
the real you is still going to be there. Like Carl-Richard described:

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Similarly in void experiences, you literally lose contact with all sense perceptions and mind activity.

In trips, I observe "my body" being cremated in flames, I feel the burns, I see (observe) the flames dancing on "my" corpse, I feel (imagine feeling) the warmth, I sense (imagine) the smell: Even with all that going on: Void-part is still there intact, observing what is being imagined by the mind or observing with detachment. You see that you are in this suit made out of space matter, inside another "meat suit", just watching, observing and imagining all of it, the entire process.

Edited by Vincent S

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

There's nothing flimsy about ego-death. It's one of the most "serious" spiritual experiences that one can have.

And there's no need to rush this knowledge, since it's inevitable and you will come to it finally.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Here's an interesting question for  you guys..how do you know that death is even real ? What if death is just imagining? And you never actually die ?

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

Death is not an experience, because death is the dis-identification with a particular form, i.e. with thought.

That's why ego-death is death and not at all "flimsy". It's literally death, not some sort of second-order kind of death, it is the death. 

There is absolutely no need for suicide, or for harming the body in any way whatsoever; this would presuppose that you are the body, which is false.

Do NOT harm the body.

To truly die means to understand that you were never alive.