Someone here

Truth VS happiness

40 posts in this topic

I still have this question that I'm struggling to answer for myself.  What's more important...truth or happiness? 

Would you rather live in delusion and be happy or live in truth and be miserable? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I still have this question that I'm struggling to answer for myself.  What's more important...truth or happiness? 

Would you rather live in delusion and be happy or live in truth and be miserable? 

Living in alignment with truth is beyond happiness.

Living out off alignment with truth is suffering.

4 minutes ago, nistake said:

What makes you think that Truth makes you miserable?

Let's just suppose that truth is an awful thing or bad news .would you sacrifice your happiness to know the truth at any cost or would you deny the awful truth to live in delusional happiness? 

9 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Living in alignment with truth is beyond happiness.

Living out off alignment with truth is suffering.

How do you know ?

what If truth turns out to be the last thing you ever wanted as it was revealed to me that truth is solipsism. And it means you are absolutely alone as God. 

-Osho

25 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Let's just suppose that truth is an awful thing or bad news .would you sacrifice your happiness to know the truth at any cost or would you deny the awful truth to live in delusional happiness? 

Well let's assume I got the bad news. Then there might be resistances to the bad news. For example anger, fear, hopelessness. That's the resistance to truth. How would I meet those feelings? I could simply believe them and that would cause suffering. Or I could see them for what they were and let them go.

Of course it won't be as easy as I make it out to be when writing this. At least not in the beginning. 

25 minutes ago, Someone here said:

How do you know ?

what If truth turns out to be the last thing you ever wanted as it was revealed to me that truth is solipsism. And it means you are absolutely alone as God. 

Yeah you're coming down from the honeymoon phase of realization and here comes the resistances to it. I've been there.

Read David R Hawkins book "Letting Go". It has all the information you need on h8w to deal with emotional resistance.

Edited by WelcometoReality

33 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Truth in the absolute sense it is not something concrete, type: I am alone. Truth is what you are. I am the truth and the life, etc, remember? you are the truth and the truth is god, and it is absolute joy. beyond the mind obviously. it is necessary to transcend

Truth must inevitably result in happiness, otherwise one hasn't gone all the way.

3 minutes ago, StudentX said:

Truth must inevitably result in happiness, otherwise one hasn't gone all the way.

I don't know if that's correct. For Me I'm still struggling to accept some radical awakenings I experienced lately. 

-Osho

Yup, that's why I said "otherwise one hasn't gone all the way". I'm not denying your struggles, just telling you that there's still more to come for you and that you don't need to assume that "that's it, now I got it". 

The reason why you ultimately can't separate truth from happiness is because truth is not something we need to "accept" (ultimately). And if it is, it means that there's resistance to it. And if there's resistance to it, it means that there's still some breathing room for dualities, subtle as they may be.

Truth is so absolute that it will not leave you any room for doubt or "not accepting". You understand what I mean? 

Your struggles mean one of two things, either:

1) you are deluded and are now suffering because of it - which is literally the number one reason for suffering in general; 

- ignorance (i.e. "not being consicous of something") 

- (false) beliefs, however convincing they may seem. 

or

2) you have indeed realized the Truth, but only partially: and we're back again at point 1) , ignorance. You're still ignoring something.

In either case, humility is your best friend. Entertain both possilities separately and do not favour one over the other. 

Edited by StudentX

Truth is everywhere where doubt and resistance can't dwell.

Temporary happiness can be situational and timebound. While truth is beyond time and space.

18 minutes ago, StudentX said:

Yup, that's why I said "otherwise one hasn't gone all the way". I'm not denying your struggles, just telling you that there's still more to come for you and that you don't need to assume that "that's it, now I got it". 

The reason why you ultimately can't separate truth from happiness is because truth is not something we need to "accept" (ultimately). And if it is, it means that there's resistance to it. And if there's resistance to it, it means that there's still some breathing room for dualities, subtle as they may be.

Truth is so absolute that it will not leave you any room for doubt or "not accepting". You understand what I mean? 

Your struggles mean one of two things, either:

1) you are deluded and are now suffering because of it - which is literally the number one reason for suffering in general; 

- ignorance (i.e. "not being consicous of something") 

- (false) beliefs, however convincing they may seem. 

or

2) you have indeed realized the Truth, but only partially: and we're back again at point 1) , ignorance. You're still ignoring something.

In either case, humility is your best friend. Entertain both possilities separately and do not favour one over the other. 

Makes sense. Thanks for the information ? 

-Osho

21 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

While truth is beyond time and space.

What do you mean by that ?

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What do you mean by that ?

I mean that truth is timeless. Truth can't be created nor destroyed, that would require time and space.

Happiness that is beyond suffering while incorporating it and not being suffering is also truth like, that is if your quest was infinite happiness and not truth you'd get wherever it is that would create happiness including truth and non truth and as we all know truth includes non truth so I guess it's just another angle like would strawberries lead to french fries?yes if you try hard enough.

Truth has nothing to do with happiness. Happiness and Truth has nothing to do with living. You can be miserable and not know Truth and still live.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

10 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Truth has nothing to do with happiness. Happiness and Truth has nothing to do with living. You can be miserable and not know Truth and still live.

Its almost impossible to live in suffering and ignorance. You need at least one of them (truth or Happiness) to be able to live. 

12 minutes ago, nistake said:

Watch this video and pay close attention to it. It may give you some insights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-XGCP4r6Vc

OK thanks for the recommendation.i will watch it and tell you what I think .

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Its almost impossible to live in suffering and ignorance.

And yet many millions live like this.

All stories and explanations are false.

@LastThursday think about a person who commits suicide. He doesn't know what's true anymore and completely lost in confusion and he is not happy either obviously. 

If you are still alive right now then it means you either have some source of happiness in your life(no matter how trivial it might be ) or you know some satisfying truths.

-Osho