Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Random witch

Twitch, women, and male entitlement

29 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Random witch said:

What is the solution you offer for me to not being perceived that way? Maybe it's just a projection of your collective egos in action?

I want to be free from men's gaze, from judgment, on streets and everywhere. From the obsessive judgement of my appearance as a woman and deciding my value by my beauty only, that eventually will fade. I want to be free to be a full human being with virtues and flaws, around men without being perceived as an immediate threat, without being ridiculouled and ignored.

I want men to see beyond the fact that I'm a woman, I want to be taken seriously, in work and any field that dominated by men. I want to be encouraged and not being pushed back.

And you think men are 'encouraged and not pushed back' in competitive environments? That's not how the world works. Everyone faces challenges, prejudice, obstacles, racism, sexism, politics, nepotism etc. It's something you have to overcome and deal with.

It's like that book "So good they can't ignore you". That's what you have to become, and not rely on freebees and handouts because people are always going to have personal biases. That's not going to change.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

30 minutes ago, Random witch said:

I want to be free from men's gaze, from judgment, on streets and everywhere. From the obsessive judgement of my appearance as a woman and deciding my value by my beauty only, that eventually will fade.

Why do you feel entitled to men's eyes and thoughts and penises?

30 minutes ago, Random witch said:

I want to be free to be a full human being with virtues and flaws, around men without being perceived as an immediate threat, without being ridiculouled and ignored.

I want men to see beyond the fact that I'm a woman, I want to be taken seriously, in work and any field that dominated by men. I want to be encouraged and not being pushed back.

Be serious and work hard, that's the only way. I know many women who don't allow any man to treat them wrong because they set the perception straight with their attitude from the beginning. On the other hand, women who are flimsy and accept special treatment are always ridiculed and ignored when serious events happen.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

48 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Why do you feel entitled to men's eyes?

I don't tell you what to wear, so you shouldn't tell me where to stare :D

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Twitch culture is goofy. It’s just lazy and disconnected to me but I guess some people are fine watching someone else play video games all day. If I had a son I would not let him play video games much or hang out on twitch or buy him two monitors and a light up keyboard. Women streamers have found ways to exploit the male base and the male base has willfully fed their own lazy addiction and will give away cash to just talk to them. Both are responsible in different ways for this sad past time. Not all content on the platform is like this either. There is good outdoor content there. Just a lot of people I don’t vibe with at all on it as well. 

Edited by Lyubov

There are so many women on twitch playing video games with full make up on, cleavage showing, camera set up in such a way to accentuate their cleavage. And then cry wolf when guys make suggestive comments.. while leeching money from them. Twitch streamers are almost as delusional as the people that are funding that nonsense.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

3 hours ago, vizual said:

There are so many women on twitch playing video games with full make up on, cleavage showing, camera set up in such a way to accentuate their cleavage. And then cry wolf when guys make suggestive comments.. while leeching money from them. Twitch streamers are almost as delusional as the people that are funding that nonsense.

Women's hypocrisy at its finest.

If you want to start a quality topic, don't just post a video thats 50+ minutes long without saying anything.