PataFoiFoi

Why is there brutality and suffering?

24 posts in this topic

If god is love and we are all one, how does all this  suffering in life and brutality in this world fit in? The only reason I can think of is that God wanted this reality to be cruel and tough. I know its relative but the majority of lifes on this planet have it really rough (if they dont live in a western country).

God started it, from the innocent desire to create, more and more creator-gods and beings came into existence, what we see here on this planet, in this dimension is a co-creation between us humans and millions of beings in various dimensions. God is innocent and benevolent.

Edited by Seraphim

@Seraphim but since god is the only thing that there is or exists how can be there any co-creation. Everything and everyone is god.

@PataFoiFoi I have been struggling with the same question for a long time as well.. And I haven't got any fullfilling answer so far. 

Whether suffering is relative or not,, this does not matter and its just a word game in my opinion. 

When your fingers or throat are being chopped off by some terrorist or whatever it won't matter at all whether this is relative or not lol. It does not matter if its Love or not either. You just wish you were never born in situations like this. 

The extreme brutality of life is what can give me existential nightmares and a feeling of dread that is shocking. 

This for me is the hardest part of spirituality.. Accepting the nightmares

And trust me.. Those nightmares are unimaginable horror, pain and despair. 

If many people knew how bad the nightmares can get they would end up on meds or insane asylums. 

The good part is that the unimaginable and horrific pain is finite. 

Still We are in For a ride. 

Edited by SQAAD

@Seraphim No. 

God is not innocent. 

The ISIS terrorist chopping heads is God too. 

There is no co creation. This is an imaginary distinction. Its just God. 

Edited by SQAAD

50 minutes ago, PataFoiFoi said:

@Seraphim but since god is the only thing that there is or exists how can be there any co-creation. Everything and everyone is god.

The lesser Gods do not all have the pure and benevolent mind like God has. You are not God, you are a small part of God.

40 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Seraphim No. 

God is not innocent. 

The ISIS terrorist chopping heads is God too. 

There is no co creation. This is an imaginary distinction. Its just God. 

But if you want to speak from a higher perspective like that then I can say that nothing has ever happened, but that is not relevant for this question.

Edited by Seraphim

@Seraphim There is no parts of God or lesser Gods.

That is an imaginary distinction. Useful at times. Still it's a fantasy. 

There is only God. 

God is raping. God is killing. God is saving animals, etc.

God takes forms. That's what you mean by parts. 

God is not innocent and we as mere humans are ignorant and bad. God made it that way. There is noone else to blame other than God. Everything else is pretty poetry. 

And things are definitely happening. I experience them right now. I experience a flow of sensations that is God. 

@SQAAD It seems like you have taken an absolute type of truth (There is only God), then mixed it with a relative truth (bad things are happening) and then created a belief with them (God is raping). 

Leo’s new video 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Because on some level we enjoy the pain and suffering. Just look at the media we consume: or video games, books, movies all contains violence and pain. If it’s not physical pain, it’s emotional pain. We are happily consuming news media everyday which deals with all the atrocities happening all over the world. Look at the mass consumption of celebrity gossip where we enjoy looking at the passion and drama of people who live in the public eye.

We are obsessed with pain and suffering

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Well, according to the forum's trendy solipsism belief it would mean that god imagines itself to be a masochist

@Seraphim

9 hours ago, Seraphim said:

@SQAAD It seems like you have taken an absolute type of truth (There is only God), then mixed it with a relative truth (bad things are happening) and then created a belief with them (God is raping). 

If God is everything then when you see an ISIS terrorist chopping heads then that is God. 

God willed that into existence. It did not happen by accident. 

And yes bad things are happening. It depends on how you are defining bad. 

I think if you got captured by ISIS or some Mexican drug cartels, you would think of how bad a situation this is. So let's not pretend that there aren't bad things. 

Only person who could say something like this and actually mean it, is probably Ramana Maharshi who could easily die In a cave from cancer and be OK with it. But we are not OK with such things and probably never will be. Since we are terrified of losing our health and etc. 

You can pretend that there are no bad things but when the torture begins, your mind will start thinking otherwise. 

Edited by SQAAD

12 hours ago, PataFoiFoi said:

If god is love and we are all one, how does all this  suffering in life and brutality in this world fit in? The only reason I can think of is that God wanted this reality to be cruel and tough. I know its relative but the majority of lifes on this planet have it really rough (if they dont live in a western country).

All suffering and brutality stems from the belief in separation. So it actually is out of ignorance.

if all reality is one, a torture is just a small adjustment in the mosaic of reality. all life devours itself and is reborn from its remains, for life suffering is indifferent, it is a tool of evolution. It does not differentiate between good or bad, it is governed by efficiency to reach its maximum potential. For the ego this is not pleasant, but this is how it has to be.

What ive read sofar from the replies is that suffering and pain is intentially a fundemantel mechanism for seperation and survival. So yes, God loves turture and pain and we dont have any choice but to accept it. For me evryone who thinks this is all about bliss, love and free will has only seen one side of the coin. 

@Thought Art i watched the new video and all that taught is why war, battles etc. exist and that conflict is a result of seperation that is trying to survive. So the broader term would be survival or seperation. Its not hard to understand I mean you can comtemplate that yourself. But for me the question was, why all of this suffering since God could imagine everything why not a reality where any organism and ego could enjoy and be happy with their reality? For me God just wanted this universe and reality to include suffering, horror and pain. Thats what God also loves and we as humans just have to accept this. There is sadly nothing we could do about it but accept it.

5 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Seraphim

If God is everything then when you see an ISIS terrorist chopping heads then that is God. 

God willed that into existence. It did not happen by accident.

Yes but my argument is that it is not God's intention to create those evil things. It is created by beings who have forgotten about their true nature. A bad analogy for this could be that the sun shoots out a photon and then after traveling through a shady part of space the photon becomes evil and does evil things, it is still a being of the sun but it has lost all the amazing attributes that the sun has.

@SQAAD Your belief is that God directly and intentionally creates everything, my belief is that God only got the ball rolling and then the creation happens on its own and God just observe it. Both are beliefs, so how do we figure out which one is true? Science can't give us the answer, so the only thing left is our intuition? I intuit that God is innocent and pure, a benevolent being, I can always sense my true nature and that being feels very "good". So my intuition and direct experience supports my belief, and I have heard many people channel this idea of God, many people who communicate with spirit also support it.

21 hours ago, PataFoiFoi said:

If god is love and we are all one, 

Forget this part of the question. It will mislead you.

how does all this  suffering in life and brutality in this world fit in? The only reason I can think of is that God wanted this reality to be cruel and tough. I know its relative but the majority of lifes on this planet have it really rough (if they dont live in a western country).

Notice the subtle inference of deserving the good and undeserving the bad. Then ask yourself, why is there pleasure and happiness too?

To my knowledge there aren't any existential license agreements or anything of the sorts, so God doesn't owe us anything. That said, why do you think God should be all good? Why the entitlement?

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

20 hours ago, PataFoiFoi said:

Do you know how God is love? Have you truly awakened to that truth, or have you only rationalised it to be so? If not then let this not be your stance in questioning the seemingly dark nature of reality, for this will yield no fruit. Rather ask why is there suffering if you wish to learn why it is, in deed, here. Or, you may ask how is God love if that is your main query.