Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spence94

Nutrition and cooking mindset shift?

20 posts in this topic

I can't keep eating fried rice anymore, despite how good it tastes and easy it is.

I need a new  attitude around nutrition and health in general.

My sleep is getting better, just requires the consistent discipline to shut everything down and hit the hay.

My yoga practice is suffering because my diet fucking sucks. Which leads to my energy levels being down and my brain being foggy. Some days i don't practice and the diet is part of the problem.

I need to cut out the rice and carbs and eat A LOT more veggies and fish. I just am not getting the nutrients I need through my meals.

I want to cook but it takes too much time. Often I feel very tired after a 9 hour work day and don't want to buy veg or spend energy and time in the kitchen. my cooking skills are not great, it seems i will have to spend energy and time simply learning how to cook too. I get fomo at the idea of going in the kitchen for an hour. I wanna get to work on my passions or i get fomo because others are outside eating at restaurants (especially in CHIna, especially young people my age.) I hate washing dishes. These are limiting beliefs, they're not totally true.  I have had them for years now.

I must get my diet handled. I must learn to cook. I need a new attitude.

ANY comments are welcome for discussion.

Edited by Spence94

For me I got sick from lymes and I was forced to go to whole food diet for 6 months. If you do this, you can never go back to regular American diet. You will just become physically ill.

Getting an Instapot could save you a lot of time on cooking. Make a huge batch and then just keep reheating smaller portions. If you don't mind eating the same thing several days in a row, this is the best option. 

And it will save time on washing dishes too. I did a step by step video on instapot cooking on Youtube not long ago in that Full-day-of-eating vid (link below). You can use that as an initial inspiration if you'd like. 

Now in terms of those limiting beliefs, Instapot probably won't cure them. It might help to try to journal on "What does health really mean to me?" and "Why don't I seem to value health as much?" and see what comes up.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Hey Michael, I want to thank you for publishing your free e-books as they really really inspired me to change the way I view food and I've felt the effects of eating better almost immediately! My life has improved in many ways and after picking up some habits from your books I get better sleep than ever. I could tell how passionate you are in this sector just by reading the books and that seriously inspired me to pick up on some good habits and get a grip on life! I wish you the best!

If you want to fix your diet you will have to cook meals by yourself - it is inevitable.

What I personally do is cook some ground beef (or any other meat, sometimes organs) on ghee or lard (tallow would be ideal but I cannot find any) when (after I take meat) I put in 5 eggs and eat it with butter and olives (or some fermented veggies) I do it every day It is simple and It is called real foods. 

Avoid eating seeds, roots, stems, leafs, since these parts are most protected by the plant by the toxic chemicals (fermentation helps in disabling these chemicals).

Instead, eat fruit and honey for carbs. And this is how you simplify your diet. And no advanced cooking skills are needed -> just cook your meat and that's it

Check out the work of Paul Saladino for more info about this way of eating. 

Anyway, this is what works for me.

I was also looking to cut out rice, and recently did the 3 6 9 cleanse from Medical Medium's Cleanse to Heal. Total gamechanger. I have since repeated it and have transformed my whole diet and learned so much. Highly recommend it. It is A LOT to learn so go slow. I started with just the morning celery juice over a year ago and felt wonderful on it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@selfvalley thanks ^_^

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Human Mint thanks! yeah it's been fun making those altho the whole production quality still sucks overall :D Like, that video took me 2 days to put together including filming, editing, rendering, voice correction etc and so many bits are still awful. Cant imagine how much time it takes to produce a really high quality vlog that some of these guys do. Not to mention probably spending 10K+ on equipment. 

@Michael569 Thanks for this. I think I'll cook in a way that it last a few meals at least.

Did the journaling prompts you suggested today and got some valuable clarity over the situation. 

Peace.

@mandyjw I started drinking Organifi green juice in the mornings which has been a game changer.

@GromHellScream Yeah today I contemplated the ramifications of carrying on with a shitty diet...

It freaked me out thinking about it. 

Edited by Spence94

I do meal prep every 4 days. I takes me amount 2-2.5 hours to prep 4 meals worth of eating. On the day of the meal I still prepare quinoa or brown basmati rice, but those are quite easy to make. I spent quite a few years cooking daily, but this has drastically cut the cook time down. I still prepare breakfast daily though. 

Find foods that are healthy and that you enjoy. Try out a lot of different stuff. 

On 7/3/2022 at 5:44 AM, Spence94 said:

@mandyjw I started drinking Organifi green juice in the mornings which has been a game changer.

What is that?

@Human Mint It's a powdered superfood green juice. Add one scoop with water and enjoy. The people who make this are shamanic wizards sent to this world to elevate humanity out of the dark ages. 

20220309_223544.jpg

On 05/03/2022 at 3:44 PM, mandyjw said:

I was also looking to cut out rice, and recently did the 3 6 9 cleanse from Medical Medium's Cleanse to Heal. Total gamechanger. I have since repeated it and have transformed my whole diet and learned so much. Highly recommend it. It is A LOT to learn so go slow. I started with just the morning celery juice over a year ago and felt wonderful on it. 

I eat rice everyday for lunch and potatoes for dinner. I've heard about rice not beeing good. But I don't know what to supplement it with. I need calories.

I did Anthony's 3 month diet that was in Thyroid health book (I have hypothiroidism) for a year. I didn't really see any improvements in my physical wellbeing, but it's logical they are on a body level, one that I can't feel consciously, just because of everything unhealthy I've cut out of my life.

I might try the 3-6-9 cleanse. I don't know. But the main thing is rice, I still haven't given it much thought.

Why are you reasons for quitting it?

Edited by mojsterr

@mojsterr I'm ok with it in small quantities, but rice has a lot of arsenic in it, and I didn't seem smart to keep eating it as a major food staple. I switched to GF oatmeal and am eating a lot more fruit and vegetables. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

20 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@mojsterr I'm ok with it in small quantities, but rice has a lot of arsenic in it

Thanks. This was the push I needed.

I had to eliminate a lot of foods, since I started this journey. It's exhausting finding alternatives.

Edited by mojsterr

@mojsterr Yeah, I was eating lots of rice cakes, wild rice, and drinking rice protein shakes, so it was excessive. Doing the cleanse and getting into Medical medium stuff helped me with finding new things because I started bringing in a ton more fruits and vegetables. I thought I had an intolerance to bananas, but tried them again after the cleanse and haven't had any issues and have been eating a lot of them. xD Been eating lots of squash, sweet potatoes, potatoes, salads, spinach smoothies, papaya, tons of berries. Quit caffeine, drinking celery juice and lemon water every morning and lots of herbal tea. 

On 12/3/2022 at 8:49 AM, mojsterr said:

But I don't know what to supplement it with. I need calories.

Any other wholegrain: quinoa, millet, buckwheat, barley.

Legumes

Edited by Human Mint