T_i_m

Meanwhile in Russia

40 posts in this topic

Have you ever seen 30 policemen arresting a little girl (about 14 y.o.) because she was peacefully sitting on a bench and refused to get up and leave? 

Edited by T_i_m

And here's a picture of literally kids arrested for protesting against the war

unnamed.jpg

I can't imagine living in Russia. Feels like a totalitarian hell hole. 

Good Leo left Russia for US. That's why we have him or else? 

I remember Leo saying that he would stand in line for bread and his days in Russia were painful. 

Honestly I'm so glad Leo left that country. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Just now, Knowledge Hoarder said:

We can thank his parents for that?

:D

6 hours ago, T_i_m said:

unnamed.jpg

Off to the gulags

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

6 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I can't imagine living in Russia. Feels like a totalitarian hell hole. 

Not much different from a country like Canada in that sense.

5 minutes ago, vladorion said:

I thought Canada was/is a democracy. I don't know much about Canada. 

6 hours ago, T_i_m said:

unnamed.jpg

Where did the image come from? 

Apparently.

21 minutes ago, vladorion said:

Canada is an interesting one. 

In December last year, Russia proposed a UN resolution against Neo Nazism and glorification of Nazism. Canada was the only Western country to abstain from voting.

Perhaps this is because since at least 2018, Canada has been funding, providing weaponry and assisting in the training of Neo Nazi militias in Ukraine. This includes the Azov Militia which is now, absurdly, part of the Ukrainian National Guard.

Apparently.

9 minutes ago, axiom said:

Canada is an interesting one. 

In December last year, Russia proposed a UN resolution against Neo Nazism and glorification of Nazism. Canada was the only Western country to abstain from voting.

Perhaps this is because since at least 2018, Canada has been funding, providing weaponry and assisting in the training of Neo Nazi militias in Ukraine. This includes the Azov Militia which is now, absurdly, part of the Ukrainian National Guard.

Oh wow, interesting information. 

13 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

You won't see this reported in any western media, nor in any global media which is allied against Russia. It's a really difficult world at the moment. So much of what we see and hear is propaganda. 

I find the only way to find the truth amidst all the inevitable propaganda is to look very closely at what is being reported from both sides, and strip out the differences. What remains is at least a semblance of facts untainted by the emotive biases of any given state.

It's not ideal, but it's all we can do to avoid being brainwashed. 

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

Just now, axiom said:

You won't see this reported in any western media, nor in any global media which is allied against Russia. It's a really difficult world at the moment. So much of what we see and hear is propaganda. 

I find the only way to find the truth amidst all the inevitable propaganda is to look very closely at what is being reported from both sides, and strip out the differences. Then you're left with a semblance of facts untainted by the biases of any given state.

It's not ideal, but it's the best we can do to avoid being brainwashed.

You're right. Frankly I'm so fed up with and tired of the media. Too much brainwashing. Too much propaganda. I take news with a grain of salt.. 

46 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I thought Canada was/is a democracy. I don't know much about Canada. 

It's getting increasingly totalitarian. And not just Canada. All in the name of democracy, of course.

This is not Russia, this is the human model that we are creating. Soon that scene with kids will happen in Anywhere City. BTW taliban has more potential for democracy than canada.

6 hours ago, Preety_India said:

The story about Nazis in Ukraine is used a lot by Russian propaganda  and  by Putin himself as one of the excuses for the war. He even calls this war "denazification"

Edited by T_i_m

22 minutes ago, T_i_m said:

The story about Nazis in Ukraine is used a lot by Russian propaganda  and  by Putin himself as one of the excuses for the war. He even calls this was "denazification"

Ironically the big Nazi Batallion that they always refer to, the Azov Battalion, constitutes of 2.500 members in a militay with 250.000 personell. People are falling for blatant propaganda. We have been seeing this with chinese propaganda for a long time and it seems like the russians are even better at it.

Glory to Israel

When the first McDonalds opened in Moscow we would stand in line for 5 hours to get in.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

52 minutes ago, T_i_m said:

The story about Nazis in Ukraine is used a lot by Russian propaganda  and  by Putin himself as one of the excuses for the war. He even calls this war "denazification"

Your government is lying to you.

Neo Nazism has been a growing problem in Ukraine since the fall of the Soviet Union. Today it is embedded in the very foundations of the establishment. Andriy Parubiy founded C14 (white supremacist party) in 1991, and in 2016 he became the Chairman of the Verohovna Rada (Ukrainian parliament). This is an embarrassment.

Andriy Biletski founded the Neo-Nazi Asov Militia. He was serving time for conspiracy to murder in 2014 when he was given early release from prison to assist in the fighting against Russians in Eastern Ukraine (in the wake of the coup against Yanukovych)

Poroshenko, under mounting public pressure, inaugurated Asov as an official battalion in the official National Guard of Ukraine. Again, this is an embarrassment. Imagine if the KKK was made part of the US Army.

Tacit support for Neo-Nazism is by now a pernicious force in Ukraine. Legacy Western Media has covered this issue quite a bit in the past, but of course now it doesn’t serve the agenda to present anything nuanced. This is the way it always goes now. Present the most simplistic messaging you possibly can, lie back and watch the divisiveness unfold.

I believe Putin is going about this the wrong way, and I don’t necessarily think he’s altogether sane, but he is absolutely correct that Neo Nazism is a real issue in Ukraine, and ethnically Russian inhabitants of Donbas have suffered at their hands for years.

Apparently.

3 minutes ago, axiom said:

Your government is lying to you.

Neo Nazism has been a growing problem in Ukraine since the fall of the Soviet Union. Today it is embedded in the very foundations of the establishment. Andriy Parubiy founded C14 (white supremacist party) in 1991, and in 2016 he became the Chairman of the Verohovna Rada (Ukrainian parliament). This is an embarrassment.

Andriy Biletski founded the Neo-Nazi Asov Militia. He was serving time for conspiracy to murder in 2014 when he was given early release from prison to assist in the fighting against Russians in Eastern Ukraine (in the wake of the coup against Yanukovych)

Poroshenko, under mounting public pressure, inaugurated Asov as an official battalion in the official National Guard of Ukraine. Again, this is an embarrassment. Imagine if the KKK was made part of the US Army.

Tacit support for Neo-Nazism is by now a pernicious force in Ukraine. Legacy Western Media has covered this issue quite a bit in the past, but of course now it doesn’t serve the agenda to present anything nuanced. This is the way it always goes now. Present the most simplistic messaging you possibly can, lie back and watch the divisiveness unfold.

I believe Putin is going about this the wrong way, and I don’t necessarily think he’s altogether sane, but he is absolutely correct that Neo Nazism is a real issue in Ukraine, and ethnically Russian inhabitants of Donbas have suffered at their hands for years.

Yes, my government is lying to me, there's no doubt. But why are you saying the same things that my government says?  Does it mean that you are lying as well?

My advice to you is to look at the news / propaganda from both sides. Strip out conflicting information, and you may be left with a kernel of something at least vaguely resembling truth. 

Putin talks about Neo Nazism in Ukraine, and so does a lot of Western Media, although most of its investigative reporting into the matter was prior to the breakout of war.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.