Julian gabriel

Wat is a Psychotic Episode?

11 posts in this topic

A "Psychotic Episode" seems to be the term that psychiatrists use for something that they don't understand whatsoever. 

What is it? I've recently had a couple, it felt like my sense of self was being transferred from my eyes to my ears then to my body and back to my eyes again. 

But I really have no idea what happened to me. I think it was me trying to split myself into parts. 

You were just moving your attention/awareness to those areas. Dont over think it. The psychotic part would be thinking your splitting yourself into parts lol. We do have parts as in modes of perception. You can then focus on those individual sensations of hearing, seeing and feeling. You can say that focus is your sense of yourself or your awareness.

Edited by Kamo

Focus on the solution, not the problem

It's usually when you suffer from mania. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Psychosis = so different from normal behavior that it requires a stronger word

Psychosis has actually not that much to do with your internal experience compared to how your behavior is perceived by others. I’ve had plenty of internal experiences as intense, or even more intense, than my internal experience in cases I was deemed to be in psychosis. 

Also, someone who’s typically perceived as weird will be less likely to be deemed to be in psychosis than someone who is typically seen as normal but has a sudden shift in behavior. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

6 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

A "Psychotic Episode" seems to be the term that psychiatrists use for something that they don't understand whatsoever. 

Why do you say this?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

It's like an intense version of the 'bubbling up' of emotions that were trapped/suppressed. And it's so intense that it seemingly throws the person out of control.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

10 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Why do you say this?

@Carl-Richard Because when my psychiatrist uses the term psychotic episode he uses it to describe every single one of my weird mental breakdowns without acknowledging any difference between them. Also it just seems that modern day psychologist and psychiatrists don't understand the human mind as much as they'd like to believe so when they use a term like psychotic episode they don't really know what it is that they are referring to in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

Because when my psychiatrist uses the term psychotic episode he uses it to describe every single one of my weird mental breakdowns without acknowledging any difference between them.

What is the difference?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I've had a psychotic episode before, the difference between the episode and awakening is that you don't get better - the issues don't resolve and often times, you can't think straight.  Sometimes you talk to yourself or laugh uncontrollably, or cry for no reason.  Beliefs are not real, or less real, there is a spectrum, and in between the episode there is some spiritual insight.  The difference is the person is not clear of mind.  The mind, the ego, controls everything - it is like being very scared and confused all the time and feeling like you are going to die.  All your past traumas come up and beg you to work on them and you can't because you can't think straight.

By following a chain of events, you could have spiritual insight as well as strange beliefs, depending on if the change in your brain chemistry produces authentic awakenings.  You might feel inclined to repeat behaviour, can't get out of bed, feel depressed, or in my case, thinking people were against me to a paranoid level.  I was thinking I was being followed and chased based on synchronicities that were telling me things.  I got a "spit" as well, like my awareness and ego were warring with one another and I felt like I was on a divine battlefield of hatred vs. love.

It clears up on meds, or meditation.  Maybe meds first if the psychosis is active, and then followed up with a meditation practice.