Spiral Wizard

Solipsism is a relative truth NOT an Absolute Truth

90 posts in this topic

Here is the short of it: 

Solipsism is true relative to your own experience but it’s not Absolutely True because you only have one reference point but there MUST be more than one that you currently do not have access to (because of the Non-Dual/Infinite nature of reality). Therefore, you are not equipped to make Absolute claims about the validity of solipsism (yet).

In the video Ethan / @Synchronicity explains why this is the case & illustrates this radical perspective with a thought experiment. 

If you think that solipsism is Absolutely True, let me ask you this: are you open minded and humble enough to reconsider? Make sure to watch the video from start to finish before you draw conclusions. 

PS.: [TRIGGER WARNING] here is my favorite quote from the video: “Solipsism is like flat earth theory”

PPS.: Comment from the video by Ethan / @Synchronicity 

DCE5F883-ACAC-4BFD-BABF-BD7E97A5EE4D.jpeg

Edited by Spiral Wizard

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

Can you give a summary to what he is saying? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

31 minutes ago, Spiral Wizard said:

Solipsism is true relative to your own experience but it’s not Absolutely True because you only have one reference point but there MUST be more than one that you currently do not have access to (because of the Non-Dual nature of reality). Therefore, you are not equipped to make Absolute claims about the validity of solipsism (yet).

Except the non-dual nature of reality does not give you any other perspective than your own. Why would you need other perspectives if you can just geniusly imagine them. There is nothing stopping infinite consciousness from doing exactly that. 

12 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Can you give a summary to what he is saying? 

No

4 minutes ago, Vynce said:

Except the non-dual nature of reality does not give you any other perspective than your own. 

This is not true. Watch the video if you want to understand why. 

From my perspective, the only one I have, I can't tell if you really have a perspective, or if it just really seems to me like you do. 

Since this is the case, it doesn't matter to me which is true and so I can stop caring about it. 

The same would be true for you, from your perspective, if you really have one. It doesn't matter to me if you don't, because it seems to me that you do, which is just as good.

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Spiral Wizard So the solipsism (grasped as the absolute) eventually destroying itself in a circle, doesnt it?

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Spiral Wizard You are alone as God.  You can and will continue to construct stories to the contrary..and you will do this forever. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Spiral Wizard You are alone as God.  You can and will continue to construct stories to the contrary..and you will do this forever. 

This is an emotional ideology.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

2 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

This is an emotional ideology.

The emotional ideology is keeping yourself deluded. But you are One and Singular.  You must be, because you are Infinity.

If you don't want to listen to the music, turn off the radio.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

41 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

f you really have one. It doesn't matter to me if you don't, because it seems to me that you do, which is just as good 

This is precisely how reality is constructed.  You just need the illusion.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

30 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

The emotional ideology is keeping yourself deluded. But you are One and Singular.  You must be, because you are Infinity.

If you don't want to listen to the music, turn off the radio.

Sounds like a stage blue statement to me. Too rigid and not open. "You must", "You deluded", "one and only"...

Edited by Nivsch

5 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

Sounds like a stage blue statement to me. Too rigid and not open. "must", "deluded", "one and only"...

Stage blue because of bluntness?  I could tiptoe around the Truth and baby you if you want.  But remember you are here because Leo and I lay it bare for you.  Then you must do the work to validate our claims.  That is, if you care.  And if you aren't emotionally ready stay away.  This is serious stuff.  It will kill you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Spiral Wizard said:

If you think that solipsism is Absolutely True, let me ask you this: are you open minded and humble enough to reconsider? Make sure to watch the video from start to finish before you draw conclusions. 

Or you can contemplate truth for yourself and question direct experience itself rather than off-shooting your own authority to someone else.

Other minds is like saying there is an other God. 

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

32 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

you are One and Singular.  You must be, because you are Infinity.

True but this does NOT imply that solipsism is Absolutely True. It’s true from your relative POV.

Just now, r0ckyreed said:

This is not true. Non-Duality includes Duality. In fact they are one. Twoness must exist in a Non-Dual reality. Watch the video if you want a more detailed explanation. 

2 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

you can contemplate truth for yourself and question direct experience itself rather than off-shooting your own authority to someone else.

Great idea! That’s what I did and I do not agree with solipsism being Absolutely True. 

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Stage blue because of bluntness?  I could tiptoe around the Truth and baby you if you want.  But remember you are here because Leo and I lay it bare for you.  Then you must do the work to validate our claims.  That is, if you care.

Because you claim to have the absolute truth. That you can teach me this and so on. There is nothing different here from a subconscious stage blue backlash whitin the mind of yellow-turquoise consciousness.

Edited by Nivsch

1 minute ago, Nivsch said:

Because you claim to have the absolute truth. That you can teach me this and so on. There is nothing different here from a subconscious stage blue backlash whitin the mind of yellow-turquoise consciousness.

You have it all figured out in your head but notice your mind is working to put me into some sort of model that you have mistaken for reality.   Spiral dynamics is imaginary.   There are no stage blue people or turquoise.   There is only you imagining such models.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You have it all figured out in your head but notice your mind is working to put me into some sort of model that you have mistaken for reality.   Spiral dynamics is imaginary.   There are no stage blue people or turquoise.   There is only you imagining such models.

Not true because SD IS a part of reality because non dual includes also dualities and relative truts which is As real as the absolute!

Edited by Nivsch

@Spiral Wizard Even though I do not subscribe to the solipsism that is promoted on this forum, I do not find this video a convincing argument against it.  To say that you cannot know solipsism is true unless you have had an experience that invalidates that truth is nonsensical.  I do believe there are logical solutions to the problem, but I didn't find any of them here.

@r0ckyreed

7 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Are you saying that God is one mind?  If so, that is just another form of anthropomorphism.  If not, that is no more true than saying the existence of more than one color is like saying there is more than one God.  

1 minute ago, Nivsch said:

Not true because SD IS a part of reality because non dual includes also dualities and relative truts.

Yes but cant you tell I'm trying to point you towards the Absolute in this discussion :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yes but cant you tell I'm trying to point you towards the Absolute in this discussion :)

Then stop pointing to solipsism :)