ValiantSalvatore

What tool helped you the most in achieving your goals?

41 posts in this topic

I recentely used this https://www.amazon.de/Success-Journal-Serious-Blue-Productivity/dp/1631066641 it helped me a lot to achieve my goals and work a lot without feeling that I burn-out. I find myself consistenly unable to hit all of the 5 goals from the life purpose course, yet this one really helped me. Any tools you can use for a longer time to reach goals. I read some theory behind it, yet never found a proper tool. Mostly I write it down and track it nowadays, make aribitary dead lines on my calendar and measure the progress at best. I don't do all of this consistently, yet this really helped me. Look at my LP goals daily. 

The LP goals are basically the higher vision goals. I do have a vision board. (no dreamboard yet :D) and I visualize my current goals. Yet, Istill don't take daily action tracking has helped me to stay consistent over a weekly basis mostly or monthly. Yet, some goals require more effort on a daily basis more. 

The book/tool above helped the most till now when it comes to taking consistent action on a daily basis, what has helped you the most to take consistent action on a daily basis to reach and achieve your goals?

@ValiantSalvatore

Learn to enjoy doing these things that lead you closer to your dream life, but remember that you actually are right NOW living your dream life. As long as you think that the reward is out of your reach somehere in the future, you will feel like you don't have enough motivation to access your life vision. It's completely same as if you don't like painting how you would ever think to be good enough to paint mona lisa.

When people talk about how much work they did to achieve their dreams that's not whole truth. Actually they just had massive passion to couple of things and that lead them to be where they are right NOW. So my suggestion for you is to start to do things that you actually like doing. For example if you would want to be good at painting and you wouldn't want to paint houses then paint that which you like.

And if that whole painting does not feel good then what is the point in doing it to begin with. Doing many things you don't want to get one thing that you want is called stupidity. If you would just start by doing one thing you actually want then you would have done better already : )

Also 2 cheat codes to life are "meditation and organizing your thoughts by writing"

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

@Kksd74628 I was specifically asking for a tool, otherwise I'll hide the thread. This has no use for me. I am sorry.

Not denying anything you say, yet to reframe it in your context. I need a tool for my passions. As I have many passions. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

@ValiantSalvatore

Actually I gave you 2 tools at the end of my comment that are best I have found so far. So if you didn't get it, those were hidden by writed in white ;D If you need practical tips to achieve your goals then you should also tell what are those goals so I can give more accurate advices.

@Kksd74628 Tools like software, scientifically proven ways, personal ways you achived your goals, notebooks, whiteboard, calendars, visualizations. At best something I can feel and touch. I like the wu-wei approach of seeing your work as something passionate therefore it's not work. Yet I need some level of accountabillity an accountabillity partner does not always work out. I prefer self-accountabillity more. 
Obviously also choosing one thing as your main thing which I have as programming. 

It is mostly for my other goals that are also important. Quadrant two goals... stuff that is immediate, but not urgent. For example going out twice a week and approaching 50 women or smth like this as an example. Or eating less sugar and sweet stuff. 

If you have any websites or know any where I can find without paying that would be great. 

I feel less emotionally threatened that way and can engage without fear and much thinking. That is why I liked the success journal as it helped me with progress goals which is one concept from Scott Young. To reach larger goals. Basically IIRC time-constrained activites for example 1h going out approaching women or 1h jogging. 

@ValiantSalvatore

For programming I can't say a single thing, because I know nothing about it, if making own website with wordpress does not count. To second part I can say something. For example if your goal is to approach 50 women what is then the thing you try to achieve with that. Confidence, social skills, sex or partner? We need to get base level what you want and only from that we can start to see what you should do and how. 

If you would like to eat less sugar then one way to this is just to eat more "real" food and whenever you want something sweet just eat banana or something. Thing is that most of the time wanting to eat sweets is just that you are hungry and our biology says that sweet tasting things are calorie rich. That is just one part of survival instinct.

1 hour ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

The book/tool above helped the most till now when it comes to taking consistent action on a daily basis, what has helped you the most to take consistent action on a daily basis to reach and achieve your goals?

My goals are specific so most of my tools won’t apply. 

But I will say that I use the shit out of the  Notes app on my phone. I must have written thousands on notes on that thing. Everything from to-do lists to song lyrics to business information. It’s just crazy convenient.

Anytime I need to get something out of my head quickly, it goes in Notes

5 hours ago, aurum said:

But I will say that I use the shit out of the  Notes app on my phone. I must have written thousands on notes on that thing. Everything from to-do lists to song lyrics to business information. It’s just crazy convenient.

Same the notes app is a game changer honestly.

I had the one-note app on my phone and computer which didn't really sync great and was honestly a pain to use.

The notes app though - flawless sync to my Mac and iPad, and is so smooth

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

@ValiantSalvatoreI have the same problem. I am just now looking into letting go/releasing/revealing from looking at this guy: https://www.youtube.com/c/Thefearlessman but the same technique is also found in the books sedona method and letting go. Also a key concept is the 1% rule found in "the slight edge". I don´t know if this works though but send me a pm in a month or so if you want to find out. The idea is that if you can observe and welcome your emotions and then let them go that they turn into higher emotions, making attaining stuff easier.

I mainly just wrote this because I wanted to collect my thoughts but feel free to look into it, my first experience with it has been that I have felt my whole body just pulsating with good emotions. But if you don´t want to spend the time looking it up, just pm me in a month or so (makes me feel responsibiliy to actually so this).;)

This guy´s meditation has also helped me in just a week: https://www.youtube.com/c/MichaelTaft108 Never had good meditations but this actually makes me feel calmer, more confident and more loving instantaneously. But the sessions can be really fucking frustrating if you haven´t meditated in the past.

I´m sorry I didn´t include a measuring tool or somehting of that sort, but honestly (and this comes from a emotionally low place I am in) I don´t think there is a perfect measuring tool for you. When you are emotionally aligned with your passion and you can let go of all your fears and insecurities (or atleast gaining confidence and security in feeling those hard emotions) then attaining your true passions and goals will be effortless.

@Kksd74628 What you are saying is basically what I mostly did find an internal reason, specificy the goal for example I want to be healthy and feel good about myself. I want to workout 5x a week. Or I want to deepen the quality of my relationships to feel more fullfillment in them. I will attend a relationship seminar courses etc. Same with getting laid. If my interpreation of your comment is correct. I did that mainly in my journals (offline) and with some digital journals on my comptuer. It does not always workout. Best thing for consistency was tracking, yet I really forget everything. Sometimes I feel it's unhealthy, yet it's the best thing I can do to keep myself honest with my goals and accountable. That is why I was asking what worked for you. 

Passion is for sure a driving force, yet sometimes it needs some re-kindeling that is why ppl usually take breaks etc. For me the question would more be how can I be as self-accountable as possible without burning-out or feeling utterly devasted by the process. I had the stragety of surrounding myself with succesful people which I did as well as possible and that helped tremendously for passion. Yet, it's dependent on others to some degree.

Do you know of any tools that helped you or someone you know for self-accountabillity. For me seeing stats, tracking, numbers etc. Helped me the most to stay honest, yet sometimes I feel judged. I never achieve my goals "spontaneously" if there has not been a fundamental structure implemented and constant revision of the process, yet it's very draining for my social life. As I struggle with perfectonism and cripple myself.

On 18.2.2022 at 1:51 AM, aurum said:

@aurum What do you mean with your goals are specific so tools won't apply? I don't understand that yet. What note app are you using the standard one for your phone? I had an idea booklet that I carried with me, yet that did not workout all to well. I mainly use the audible note taking function for example in the gym to take notes. I did not even know they had this. Otherwise I take handwritten notes while reading for example. 

Did this process help you to achieve your goals more? For example the specific goals that you set and if yes how did you set them? 

@VictorB02 Again which notes app? The standard one provided by your phone or what note taking app? I mainly use one-note for notes about PD and Notion for active projectes that are larger as well as for tracking purposes, as I mainly use my pc for this stuff. 

@Yoremo Yes, I see what you mean Michal Thaft is close friends with Shinzen, Ingram etc. They released a podcast that was of ultra high sound quality last year during an online-retreat I attended. I am not familiar with Cassinas and stuff like this. I listend to the Sedona Method audiobook and I practiced it for a while not long. It's so similar to meditation techniques I decided to just meditate during the day. Especially Shinzen Young's feel flow technique helps me with digesting negative emotions and is similar to feeling the emotion and letting it go. 

I do meditate for quiet a while, 6-7 years now pretty consistently. Generally it helps me to deal with the emotional difficulties and upheavels of that occure during the process of achiving my work. 

I was more looking for a tool. Or a new way of achieving my goals. Visualization is the tool I utilize the most currently. Or something that helps with taking action. I do burn-out so, I have to be careful. To not overdo it. 

@itachi uchiha What specifically helped you there just the information and the mindshift? I've read the book and I have the other mastery audibook and listend to that 5-6 times or so. 

@ValiantSalvatore I believe me and @aurum are both referring to the built-in notes app on iPhones 

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

On 18/02/2022 at 0:30 PM, ValiantSalvatore said:

I do have a vision board. (no dreamboard yet :D)

@ValiantSalvatore What’s the difference between a vision board and a dream board?

@Vision I googled and I did not find a solid answers besides that a vision board is supposed to be working only for 4-6 months or max half a year so rather for short term goals. As well as a dreamboard was more for longterm goals or vision. I am unsure if people use the concept interchangeablly. As from the LP course from Leo IIRC it's supposed to be more longer lasting unsure if the information is correct. I can't read it anymore without a VPN this was the article IIRC.

https://www.abc4.com/gtu/gtu-sponsor/the-difference-between-a-vision-board-and-a-dream-board/

I have a vision board it works for me as a reminder, yet I struggle to find an effective process for example. Regardless if visualization or vision board etc. 

https://www.inc.com/amy-morin/science-says-your-vision-board-actually-decreases-chances-of-living-your-dreams-heres-what-to-do-instead.html

I asked Shinzen about visualizations and goals as I also did a lot of meditation out of performance reasons. I'd be curious how visualizing your goals helped other people to achieve their goals anecdotally. As well as how they visualize. For example in psycho-cybernetics it's important to keep the end goal in mind and imagine that you have it, in the manifestation community it's like you are supposed to feel like you already have it, so you don't feel the lack. In "psychology" or basic self-help it's to get rid of negative believes. Then there is the negative visualization process, which I never tried. Science it's more like you focus on the process and in the end I combine all of it, I just lack taking action mostly.

For me it worked so far only once. I am being very patient with this as I ultimately do not know what works for me. Or what the exact issue is.

@VictorB02 Gotcha, I utilize journaling heavily mostly as for keeping my ideas and notions of stuff fresh. I use android and I would try try IPhone app. I don't own one.

6 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

What do you mean with your goals are specific so tools won't apply? I don't understand that yet.

I mean my goals are likely not your goals. The tools I use are specific to what I’m looking to achieve.

For instance, I’m looking to purchase a Shure SM58 stage mic. That’s literally only because I need a mic that will fit the clip I have for when I’m doing sound journeys. Most people would never need to buy it.

6 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

What note app are you using the standard one for your phone? I

The built in Notes app on the iPhone.

Sleeping meditation, Walking meditation, contemplation.

Yoga, Tai Chi

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Journaling, coffee, weed, introspection practice, a small amount of meditation, writing about the emotions I am feeling in order to work through them helps a lot, uhm... my goal(s) is simple, it's just to have a normal day-schedule of caring for myself, and whatever else positive that comes from these new good habits.  Sometimes, when I feel inspired enough, I will draw something.. but this is rare..

The journal section helps me a lot in keeping track of what I am doing during the days, because although introverted, I am still a communal creature and I like to be around other people with similar goals.

@ValiantSalvatore  to apply mastry u need to contemplate on the book for 3 min per day for every single day. if u stop contemplating then u will lose the ability to apply the books. the book has some advices like "love the practice"  "surrender " etc. to apply this , u need to take the  sentence "love the practice"  and contemplate it for 3 or 4 months until that sentence reach the depth of subconscious. once it reach subconscious, the subconscious will reveal to u ways in which u can love your practice and how u can love everything u do