Julian gabriel

Logic Is The Old Way

11 posts in this topic

Logic is the old way of communicating, thinking, dancing, and being.

One of the main reasons Leo is having trouble communicating his new insights to you is because you insist on communicating with him logically.

Try speaking and thinking with the parts of you that you usually use to feel and dance. 

I myself am only just learning to do this, and I sense that the same is true for many of you.

Does anyone have any advice on how to use words as more than just a sharp rigid robot? So that we can overcome this together. 

Edited by Julian gabriel

I would counter by saying that most people are not logical in any formal sense. We run on emotions mostly. Instead, the problem with understanding (Leo) comes purely down to lack of experience and knowledge. We just don't have a context for what is being explained, so we have to make do the best we can. We fill in the gaps by responding emotionally, broadly either negatively or positively. 

The only thing that needs to be overcome is our belief that we're logical, we're not, we're emotional. Logic is only used in a cursory way to legitimise our emotions and make them acceptable to others.

All stories and explanations are false.

21 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

I would counter by saying that most people are not logical in any formal sense. We run on emotions mostly. Instead, the problem with understanding (Leo) comes purely down to lack of experience and knowledge. We just don't have a context for what is being explained, so we have to make do the best we can. We fill in the gaps by responding emotionally, broadly either negatively or positively. 

The only thing that needs to be overcome is our belief that we're logical, we're not, we're emotional. Logic is only used in a cursory way to legitimise our emotions and make them acceptable to others.

@LastThursday Most people on earth are not logical in any formal sense, that's true. But a lot of people on this forum are overly logical. 

The people on here do not accurately represent the overall population. 

10 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

But a lot of people on this forum are overly logical. 

Personally I don't get that vibe from here. I do get the vibe that most people on here are trying to be logical to defend their beliefs. Most beliefs are based in emotion rather than logic though.

If you wanted to use words in a less analytical way I would say being more right brained, you know: poetry, stories and song lyrics.  Analogy, simile and metaphor could also be used a lot more to explain things.

All stories and explanations are false.

Logic is just a cognitive tool for interfacing with the world, and quite a powerful tool at that.

The problem comes when we forget that Logic is a cognitive tool, and try to force all of Reality to fit into a single modality.

A good analogy would be the ego, in that we need the ego to navigate Reality and meet our Survival Needs. I'd argue that in a modern context the same is true for Logic, in that we need ways to hold to hold ideas and beliefs that motivate decisions up to scrutiny.

But this modality also has limitations, and can be misused or applied in ways that obfuscates more than it clarifies. 

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Logic is a precondition for identity, of which i have seen almost nobody on this forum very aware. 

That requires substantial meta-cognition, for even in the application of logic which is the only mode for language there rests no insurance that logic inheres in it.

Formal logic is to logic as such as the calculator is to both a finished and an unfinished calculation.

It is not those alone with a skill in synthetic computation who apply logic in a day to day basis, and on the matter of synthetic computation as you seem to propose this forum being filled with I must respond with a hard hell no, as would be a trivial addition to its general ends.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

@Julian gabriel

don't give up logic or think it's bad, that's called being fucking stupid. logic is limited that's all.

combine your emotions with logic. put your emotion into your body and voice. become shameless

think about how you feel and why, write it down. become in touch with yourself.

Lol, I don't think you should throw away logic. Integrate different types and levels of thought and understanding/ knowing and develop healthy relationships with them.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I don’t think logic is the problem. It’s the lack of open minded thinking and imagination that’s the culprit. People are very defensive of their thought patterns and are only, for the most part, willing to question them if their survival depends on it. If they are forced some other way by external circumstances. And even then, a lot of people are still not willing to entertain alternative viewpoints.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

I don't get which part of your post is illogical? xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I believe that Logic is not integrated properly at stage turquoise from them actually not being knowledgeable enough about god. I gathered this opinion this from listening to moojiji then listening to Leo. I noticing that moojiji needed to understand god which would lead to greater teachings. 

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am.