Julian gabriel

The Desire To Be Seen

22 posts in this topic

in a lucid dream I asked the dream what I want, the dream replied; "to be seen/observed" 

Have you recognized this desire in yourself? and found out what it is likely to be linked to, and where it may come from?

@Julian gabriel

Actually there are many possibilities and therefore you need to contemplate that for yourself so no one could mislead you. You should ask yourself strong questions that lead to the understanding like "how does it make me feel when I am (not) being seen". According to maslow's hierarchy of needs one wants approval from others.

Contemplation is a great habit, because it trains your thinking capacity, self knowledge and its result is knowing what to do. Share with me what you found after you thought that for couple of minutes and we can then have further analysis on this topic. 

Happy contemplation, you sweet : ) 

Who told you that "others" are real?

to see or not to see is something you and only you can decide

cause

what you think, speak or see is what you become/creates your reality

I've had the same experience as you, and after a journey of going nuts with covid in an Asian country, I realized that self-love is the most important thing that you yearn deep down,

Try practicing Mirrorwork

looking into the mirror for a certain amount of time each day and gently talking to yourself, you can foster a more compassionate and forgiving connection with yourself. >> https://lonerwolf.com/mirror-work-guide/

would it work?

maybe yes, maybe no

everyone is built differently with different catalytic properties, so if this doesn't work for you, just keep walking and most importantly not give up, cause the door to your solution may seem tiny or far, but always remember, the journey is more important than the destination.. yes... I ripped it off from an Instagram post.. you're welcome

6 minutes ago, brun0 said:

to see or not to see is something you and only you can decide

cause

what you think, speak or see is what you become/creates your reality

I've had the same experience as you, and after a journey of going nuts with covid in an Asian country, I realized that self-love is the most important thing that you yearn deep down,

Try practicing Mirrorwork

looking into the mirror for a certain amount of time each day and gently talking to yourself, you can foster a more compassionate and forgiving connection with yourself. >> https://lonerwolf.com/mirror-work-guide/

would it work?

maybe yes, maybe no

everyone is built differently with different catalytic properties, so if this doesn't work for you, just keep walking and most importantly not give up, cause the door to your solution may seem tiny or far, but always remember, the journey is more important than the destination.. yes... I ripped it off from an Instagram post.. you're welcome

@brun0 haha thank you. I have been doing the mirror thing lately, but I keep being rude to myself. 

I think everyone deserves and has a birthright to be seen, as deeply as they need, at any time. 

Competition, in a nutshell, is basically the idea than only a select few can be seen and needs to steal the spotlight in order to have this very fundamental desire fulfilled. 

Every aspect of the ego wants to be seen at some point, every trauma, demon, thought process etc. But at our own pace, and trying to make everything seen at once is not healthy either. Some things aren't ready to be seen and some are, so just working with whatever is ready is the healthy way to go. And the very scary feeling of feeling trapped, is the idea that something will never get seen basically. Psychosis is seeing too much, hell is feeling that some things will never be seen and resolved, ecstacy is somewhere in between, which would be finding the optimal spot unique to the individual.

So weird. I was just thinking this the other night

Like I have this strong desire for true self-expression and to feel and KNOW I've been understood accurately...i didn't even dive into what it means for me either. i just wrote down something like I just wrote here.@Julian gabriel

Maybe it's artistic desire. Or maybe it's for intimacy. I don't know if we can have intimacy with others, seems like everything in life is all about me. what do you think?

4 hours ago, John Paul said:

So weird. I was just thinking this the other night

Like I have this strong desire for true self-expression and to feel and KNOW I've been understood accurately...i didn't even dive into what it means for me either. i just wrote down something like I just wrote here.@Julian gabriel

Maybe it's artistic desire. Or maybe it's for intimacy. I don't know if we can have intimacy with others, seems like everything in life is all about me. what do you think?

@John Paul I think that all of the things you think may not be possible, are possible. Because art is not part of reality. Art is reality. 

Edited by Julian gabriel

To be seen, to be heard, to be acknowledged, to be accepted and loved unconditionally. 

Every single aspect of ourselves wants this.

Until that happens we have problems.

10 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

To be seen, to be heard, to be acknowledged, to be accepted and loved unconditionally. 

Every single aspect of ourselves wants this.

Until that happens we have problems.

@Wilhelm44 Problems are fun

1 minute ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Bliss is more fun :)

@Wilhelm44 What's the difference between the fun of solving a problem and bliss?

21 minutes ago, Julian gabriel said:

@Wilhelm44 What's the difference between the fun of solving a problem and bliss?

What I'm pointing to is that the deeper your self love becomes, the less unnecessary problems you will face. It doesn't mean there won't be challenges. 

True bliss is not dependent on circumstance. 

If you love working on a problem, and the problem gets solved, what happens to your sense of fun then ? 

2 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

What I'm pointing to is that the deeper your self love becomes, the less unnecessary problems you will face. It doesn't mean there won't be challenges. 

True bliss is not dependent on circumstance. 

If you love working on a problem, and the problem gets solved, what happens to your sense of fun then ? 

@Wilhelm44 Yeah cool point. I seem to be addicted to problems. After I solve a problem I just look for more, and my sense of fun disappears when I don't have a problem to solve. 

1 hour ago, Julian gabriel said:

@Wilhelm44 Yeah cool point. I seem to be addicted to problems. After I solve a problem I just look for more, and my sense of fun disappears when I don't have a problem to solve. 

How about pinpointing exactly what it is that you enjoy so much when solving problems. 

The precise frequencies of the experience.

Give those frequencies names. It could be a sense of aliveness, fascination etc.

Then, with a some daily practice and imagination, you can actually recreate those states for yourself at will.

You already have access to the frequencies you enjoy, without needing to find them in problems, unless you really want to.

53 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

How about pinpointing exactly what it is that you enjoy so much when solving problems. 

The precise frequencies of the experience.

Give those frequencies names. It could be a sense of aliveness, fascination etc.

Then, with a some daily practice and imagination, you can actually recreate those states for yourself at will.

You already have access to the frequencies you enjoy, without needing to find them in problems, unless you really want to.

@Wilhelm44 Thank you. 

I seem to enjoy punishing myself. like i'm torturing myself with problems. Even just pretending to have problems that I know I don't have.

What kind of daily practices would you recommend to create those states which you refer to?

25 minutes ago, Julian gabriel said:

@Wilhelm44 Thank you. 

I seem to enjoy punishing myself. like i'm torturing myself with problems. Even just pretending to have problems that I know I don't have.

What kind of daily practices would you recommend to create those states which you refer to?

Use your imagination, it's like a muscle, the more you practice, the more powerful it becomes.

Maybe the so called femenine desire? I'll share my dream of last night:

Yesterday i had this astonishing dream (lucid in part) where, after flirting with a woman from the reception of an institution, I decided to take walk through a gallery. Nobody else was there, completely alone, at dawn. 5 am in the morning with the first sunlights. I saw this amazing store, taken out of a sci fi movie, so i couldn't resist but to try to walk in despite being closed to clients. I was not feeling like making a mistake. Obviously the store alarm went off and the gallery shut the doors immediately, as if it was a jewelry museum. So i started walking like nothing happened. Then an emergency red light started shining: the gallery was on its mission to catch me no matter what. Some artifacts peeked out from the ceiling and started spreading a gas. At this point I was in big trouble, completely locked in. Kept walking a bit more but, since everything was so damn insistent into catching me, i started feeling like surrendering. The gas started making me fall asleep, until it knocked me out completely. Next act, two soldiers were dragging me by the leg (lol) and sending me to some place. Finally I was admitted to a nursing room. They imprisoned me in a chair and a nurse that was waiting for me took a syringe and was about to prick me, but no to inject something but to extract something that needed to be removed. I was panicking a little bit at this point. So she put the syringe in my belly anyways, but not the needle... the whole syringe. Suddenly i woke up from the dream... (Yes, precisely like matrix!)

Conlusion? maybe that i need to trust more in people's intentions. Lack of trust made me distance myself from many people. Being in community is certainly a desire.

Hope you can extract some value from this story :ph34r: cheers

Edited by Human Mint

Most people share this desire.

To be seen, truly seen can be very beneficial to your health and makes you feel secure.

Surround yourself with people who have a good ability to listen and do it yourself in return.

Developing your own voice and expressing it can be helpful, too.

2 hours ago, Human Mint said:

Maybe the so called femenine desire? I'll share my dream of last night:

Yesterday i had this astonishing dream (lucid in part) where, after flirting with a woman from the reception of an institution, I decided to take walk through a gallery. Nobody else was there, completely alone, at dawn. 5 am in the morning with the first sunlights. I saw this amazing store, taken out of a sci fi movie, so i couldn't resist but to try to walk in despite being closed to clients. I was not feeling like making a mistake. Obviously the store alarm went off and the gallery shut the doors immediately, as if it was a jewelry museum. So i started walking like nothing happened. Then an emergency red light started shining: the gallery was on its mission to catch me no matter what. Some artifacts peeked out from the ceiling and started spreading a gas. At this point I was in big trouble, completely locked in. Kept walking a bit more but, since everything was so damn insistent into catching me, i started feeling like surrendering. The gas started making me fall asleep, until it knocked me out completely. Next act, two soldiers were dragging me by the leg (lol) and sending me to some place. Finally I was admitted to a nursing room. They imprisoned me in a chair and a nurse that was waiting for me took a syringe and was about to prick me, but no to inject something but to extract something that needed to be removed. I was panicking a little bit at this point. So she put the syringe in my belly anyways, but not the needle... the whole syringe. Suddenly i woke up from the dream... (Yes, precisely like matrix!)

Conlusion? maybe that i need to trust more in people's intentions. Lack of trust made me distance myself from many people. Being in community is certainly a desire.

Hope you can extract some value from this story :ph34r: cheers

@universe why do you say it's feminine?

@Julian gabriel Not really clear about it. It's like a state of receiving, allowing. You allow the energies of people around you, so you express freely aswell. A place where you can put your guard down.