SQAAD

Discouraged To Do Pickup After Watching This

115 posts in this topic

Man.. Everytime i watch a video on YouTube about the sexual marketplace I always regret it. Because I am alwaying listening bad bad news lol. 

This guy in this video says that women are basically hypergamous and they are going after the 10% of men in terms of money, square jaw, abs, etc. And that they will not settle for anything else. 

I was thinking about starting pickup but everytime I listen stuff like that I get super discouraged/disheartened and I begin to despise and hate all women. How am I even supposed to approach women when I receive these bad news about women Everywhere on the Internet?? You even hear it from Jordan Peterson and many many others. Basically almost everyone tells you how bad things are for the average man. It seems the 10% of men have all the women. And the rest are left with none. 

Also I believe Leo is wrong when claiming that most women don't care about money. The stats seem to contradict that. I think I will stick to prostitutes. They are legal in my country. 

https://youtu.be/Jxgf2YWH8ck

Edited by SQAAD

This is such a common pre-newbie experience. You are continually re-watching content that reassures you that you don't need to take action.

I'd go to a depth psychotherapy and start working on your internals

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

@SQAAD

Bro, WHAT THE FUCK???!!!

Stop feeding your mind with this fear inducing bullshit.

Go out and approach. Improve yourself. Become more charismatic.

All this "women demand that you make xyz money" nonsense.

What repells women is how fucking insecure you are about your deficits.

Women want you to show up and be convinced of yourself, they want a man.

It's not all that hard to be in the top 10% of men. Look around you and see how low the bar is.

If you become exceptional in just one domain (like e.g. game) you are already top 10%. If you then improve something else (lifestyle, physique, career) you're moving towards top 2-3%.

Just start improving yourself and don't be so neurotic about what women want.

I'm never here in the dating section, so I am not an expert. But have you really tried? Maybe read your post again and you will see that you base all your complaining on hearsay. Why do you trust all that? You will only know when you go out and try. When you talk to a girl, where are these 10% and all the conceptual 'knowledge' that you listed here? It's not present. You are present. You are here and the other person is here. That in itself is utterly astounding. You are alive! It is totally counterproductive to 'hate all women'. They are just trying their best to be happy, just as you are. They are afraid of suffering just as you are. Focus on your commonalities. Think 'we', not 'me' against 'them'. So do your best and the rest is not in your hands. Let go of the conceptual baggage and try to be present. 

Stop consuming disempowering shit when you are trying to succeed. It's like punching yourself in the nuts.

How come I am able to pull models from the club? I don't have a square jaw, hair, abs, and I am too cheap to buy women drinks, nevermind anything more than a drink.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

How come I am able to pull models from the club? I don't have a square jaw, hair, abs, and I am too cheap to buy women drinks.

Exactly!

And out of curiosity, how often will a girl you pull even have any clue about how much money you have?

I'd assume it's rare.

5 minutes ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Exactly!

And out of curiosity, how often will a girl you pull even have any clue about how much money you have?

I'd assume it's rare.

Even my gf wouldn't know how much money I have. And given how cheap I am I seem to have much less money than I do.

Money is by far the least important factor for getting laid. You can be totally broke and get laid every night. Money is only important in so far as you need it to gain entry to the club and pay for gas and parking.

@Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Even my gf wouldn't know how much money I have.

Money is by far the least important factor for getting laid. You can be totally broke and get laid every night. Money is only important is so far as you need it to gain entry to the club and pay for parking.

This is encouraging. 

Then again, if you got money you can also use it to get laid every night. Prostitutes in Vegas charge $500-$1000/hr.

But you won't get a quality girl that way.

@Petals

9 minutes ago, Petals said:

I'm never here in the dating section, so I am not an expert. But have you really tried? Maybe read your post again and you will see that you base all your complaining on hearsay. Why do you trust all that? You will only know when you go out and try. When you talk to a girl, where are these 10% and all the conceptual 'knowledge' that you listed here? It's not present. You are present. You are here and the other person is here. That in itself is utterly astounding. You are alive! It is totally counterproductive to 'hate all women'. They are just trying their best to be happy, just as you are. They are afraid of suffering just as you are. Focus on your commonalities. Think 'we', not 'me' against 'them'. So do your best and the rest is not in your hands. Let go of the conceptual baggage and try to be present. 

This is quality advice. Thank you. 

I have tried picking up girls a few times in my early 20s and got rejected. This made me stop pursuing women and I resorted to prostitutes which do not fulfill me. Now I am 29 and I want to handle this part of my life because time flies. 

I need to work some things out but I am already preparing to do something. 

I don't know if I will have the balls to start pick up or not. I know I can do it though. My fears hold me back. I need to work more on myself. 

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Then again, if you got money you can also use it to get laid every night. Prostitutes in Vegas charge $500-$1000/hr.

are there karmic consequences to using prostitutes? @Leo Gura

@Leo Gura

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Prostitutes are a lot way cheaper here in Greece but it's not fulfilling. 

Sometimes there might be connection but when your time ends the prostitute leaves your room. Overall It's a sad solution. She only stays with you as long as you keep on paying - _-  lol. 

Edited by SQAAD

12 minutes ago, Yali said:

are there karmic consequences to using prostitutes? @Leo Gura

Karmic consquences to everything.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura Imagine your gf’s bd is coming up and she told you what type of perfume she would like, sent you the info with picture of that specific kind etc. You go to the store to buy it and see that there’s another one on sale 50% off - same brand but different kind, smell kinda similar though - what would you do? Get her the one that she wants, or the one that’s one sale?

9 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Federico del pueblo Thank you for the encouraging advice man. 

You're welcome.

I think one of the most helpful things you could develop is a high level of emotional resilience.

This basically means that you don't give a fuck about things that could potentially make you feel insecure. 

You can lack something, but what's more important is how you respond to it emotionally and how you respond to others' perception of you.

If nothing bothers you, you are free and can attain any kind of success you desire.

@SQAAD

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

Man.. Everytime i watch a video on YouTube about the sexual marketplace I always regret it. Because I am alwaying listening bad bad news lol. 

This guy in this video says that women are basically hypergamous and they are going after the 10% of men in terms of money, square jaw, abs, etc. And that they will not settle for anything else. 

I was thinking about starting pickup but everytime I listen stuff like that I get super discouraged/disheartened and I begin to despise and hate all women. How am I even supposed to approach women when I receive these bad news about women Everywhere on the Internet?? You even hear it from Jordan Peterson and many many others. Basically almost everyone tells you how bad things are for the average man. It seems the 10% of men have all the women. And the rest are left with none. 

Also I believe Leo is wrong when claiming that most women don't care about money. The stats seem to contradict that. I think I will stick to prostitutes. They are legal in my country. 

https://youtu.be/Jxgf2YWH8ck

Beware black/red/blur pill ideology, and go do dating and cold approach.

OR, work on different aspects of your life, such that you feel like you have massive value, and then go do dating.

What value could you provide to your potential GF? Sexually? What if it becomes a long term relationship, what value could you give then?

3 minutes ago, K Ghoul said:

@Leo Gura Imagine your gf’s bd is coming up and she told you what type of perfume she would like, sent you the info with picture of that specific kind etc. You go to the store to buy it and see that there’s another one on sale 50% off - same brand but different kind, smell kinda similar though - what would you do? Get her the one that she wants, or the one that’s one sale?

You forgot to add the option "end the relationship".

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura in what way specifically?

5 minutes ago, K Ghoul said:

I don't mind spending money on a gf, within reason. But I don't buy her material things directly. It's more like I will make her nice food or pay for a hotel or plane ticket. Stuff like that. I'm not gonna be buying her stuff from her shopping list.