Cathal

There is no one else

21 posts in this topic

It has really hit me so hard, that there is no one else. That I, you, are imagining the self and everything we think about each other is happening in our minds and not in reality. It just hit so hard doing shadow work, that everyone is truly a reflection of your 'I/self' being witnessed by the Self - it's really hard to truly see it until you feel the silence when you're around people.

You have to really be in that state of silence, like your awareness looks around it's just looking at form, no disturbances/no judgement/no fluctuation - everything is just wildlife/nature, but man it's the most intense work and the most uuuuuuuuuuuugh it's like knowing you have to wake up at 7 am to pile shoves of shit outside  your door, it has to be done but hey... are we playing this game for real? 

Meditation can never bypass these disturbances, nothing does. Just facing it, facing the shit you swept under the rug that molded over decades and gave birth to some bacterial monster but honestly, you just pull back the fucking rug and realize there's nothing there. It's just when you're always walking over it and too worried about what it is it creates the whole terror in your mind

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Screenshot_20200415-135837.jpg.3a241fd60f5515961423ce54fdf3f276.jpg

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

:)

But meditation is exactly facing that, isn't it? 

Investigate: What differentiates you from Meditation? Meditation is you.

You are talking like meditation is a practise or some sort of escape. No it is exactly facing everything here and now. Surrender to God.

Edited by Nadosa

13 hours ago, catcat69123 said:

It has really hit me so hard, that there is no one else. That I, you, are imagining the self and everything we think about each other is happening in our minds and not in reality.

Your wording of this sentence created an interesting shift in my perspective also. Like it deepened my intuitive understanding of no self. Sometimes its useful to hear things you've heard before in a different way. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

What if there's no-one PERIOD?

It's difficult to interpret wtf is going on sometimes.

@catcat69123

Interesting.

How exactly do you do shadow work? I've tried to get into it this past year but had pretty mixed results... from what you wrote it sounds like you found a method that really works for you, so any tips would be appreciated.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

Who are you? Not you.

Who are they? Not them.

What is the world? Not the world.

There’s no true knowing in that sense, as knowing requires partiality (and separation) and therefore untruth.

Edited by The0Self

58 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

What if there's no-one PERIOD?

It's difficult to interpret wtf is going on sometimes.

The point is that even if there were, there’s no knowing (no one to know) anyway. There’s no one to know that there’s no one.

7 minutes ago, The0Self said:

The point is that even if there were, there’s no knowing (no one to know) anyway. There’s no one to know that there’s no one.

Yes I know but it's difficult to interpret, as I have directly experienced Sunyata (being myself void), but I can't then tell if I exist as nothing, or if there's just straight up no self period.

22 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

but I can't then tell if I exist as nothing, or if there's just straight up no self period.

I would say 'exist as nothing'. 

When there is stright up no self. Awareness still remains. That awareness is void. That awareness has no personal sense of self and has no center. It's bottomless. And that's your true nature. That's how I would interpret at least.

Edit. When all sense of self dissapear. There is something that is aware that all sense of self has dissapeared. That which knows that all sense of self dissapeared is you. Formless, bottomless, untanganble awareness. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

When there is stright up no self. Awareness still remains. That awareness is void. That awareness has no personal sense of self and has no center. It's bottomless. And that's your true nature. That's how I would interpret at least.

I'm starting to really think it's the latter, that there is no self-ness even to that void. That the existence we see unfolding is one and self illuminating...

The experience of Sunyata was still a dual experience, despite the fact I became nothing (without any question or delusion), there was still a point of view which was nothingness. Even though any aspect of me was just something happening to that point of view...

But I wonder if it's more like a mixture of that voidness experience, as well as typical DMT ego death where self and other becomes intermingled. I think it might just be happening with no self even as nothing. Difficult to explain the idea of something like a sound ringing out unto itself if you see what I mean.

@RMQualtrough @Salvijus

One could say nothing exists (as in literally existence = nothingness).

Could also say all there is = existence, and nonexistence = impossible.

Or you could say existence and nonexistence are not two.

27 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

I'm starting to really think it's the latter, that there is no self-ness even to that void.

Yea I also think void doesnt have a sense of self. Total no self. But the void still exists. And would argue that that void without any sense of self is your true nature. 

For me existing as nothing and absolutely no self means the same thing actually. When there's absolutely no self there's just beingness. Beingness is both nothing and everything and has no center and has no sense of self in it.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Bazooka Jesus  sorry my friend but it's just embracing your fear and jumping into the abyss - surrendering to god basically, completely give up the struggle of what makes you inactive and take action

On 2/6/2022 at 2:47 PM, The0Self said:

This clicked something for me, Thank You! Alot of confusion dropped away immediately. Feels like a koan was answered. lol

Focus on the solution, not the problem

On 2/6/2022 at 3:14 PM, Salvijus said:

Edit. When all sense of self dissapear. There is something that is aware that all sense of self has dissapeared. That which knows that all sense of self dissapeared is you. Formless, bottomless, untanganble awareness. 

100% would agree with this! Its just like "Here I Am" to "Here..AM" to just "AM!" Which we call "Pure Awareness"

38 minutes ago, Kamo said:

100% would agree with this! Its just like "Here I Am" to "Here..AM" to just "AM!" Which we call "Pure Awareness"

I don't understand, because even with total removal of the self I was able to identify with the absolute void, such that I felt to be a void observing "me" and other things. But it was like identifying with that void as a true "Self".

However, other experiences merged self with other, I don't remember if there was voidness to that.

But if the two experiences were merged, I presume there'd be the appearances by themselves with no sense of "being" a void seeing it. I think that is probably the accurate truth, I think that is probably total awakening.

Its intangible. So because how our finite minds works theres a self referential aspect to it that is our sense of self. So its gonna try to identify. Its that there is our knowing of our own existence. Self Aware-Knowing or Awareness. Its the very essence of what we are, we cant really refer to it easily  because its like we're trying to call out the interface with reality. But that would imply 2 things. Its just the awareness. Bring it back a notch to before you identify. I think you got it tho, You have experienced a degree of awakening. Total Awakening is when you understand all of yourself perfectly.

sure you guys can do all of this and exist 'as nothing' but you're still not seeing clearly and have a shit load of work to do on your attachments