Julian gabriel

PSYCHEDELICS + MUSIC

11 posts in this topic

I have found that the most mind altering thing to do while tripping (except for maybe silent meditation) is to listen to music.

Does anyone have any insights of any kind regarding listening to and/or creating music while tripping?

I am mainly asking because I want to create songs using psychedelics.

Edited by Julian gabriel

I wouldn't recommend listening for long periods of time. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

"Baby you try but you can't deny... chemistry!"

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Think about layering your music so that each instrument will have a story to tell, each part complementing another, each with its own character, having a conversation with the "others". Try to see the instruments as living beings and let them do what they will.

Its also good idea to make parts of it loopy, hypnotic, trance-like, so one wont be sure where something begins and where it ends, this only enhances the psychedelic effect.

I tripped on acid this weekend while listening to this and watching the cover.... omg, felt like I was on double the dose, my being flooded with realizations and understanding, tears and laughter xD

Edited by Yog

13 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

I have found that the most mind altering thing to do while tripping (except for maybe silent meditation) is to listen to music.

Does anyone have any insights of any kind regarding listening to and/or creating music while tripping?

I am mainly asking because I want to create songs using psychedelics.

I agree with you 100%. Its a just a perfect combination.
When I listen to music while on LSD, I go in to some themes tied to the music genre im listening to.
I feel like I go down to the information level of the soundwaves, the notes, the work put in to create the track, the state of coinsciousness that the producer was in, when creating it, and depending on your mood, emotions and state of mind: you can wonder off in to complete observation of every single beat: And you feel like the song is conveying you a story, a message and a communication: If you are willing to accept it ;)

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

Use music + the Lumenate app on its intense setting to get more mind altering effects. Lumenate is far more mind altering for me than music. I hope you really do take this chance to try that app out, because it’s honestly been a godsend for me when I want to increase my state in a profound and enjoyable way whether sober or not. 

The app works by using the flashlight on the back of your phone to flash rapidly while you close your eyes with the light about 5-7 inches from your eyelids. It has produced closed-eye visuals while sober that are stronger than many closed-eye visuals have been for me while on psychedelics. It does take a bit of acclimating to practicing with Lumenate to get the strongest effects from it, but all of the spiritual friends I’ve told about it who try it have been fans although they didn’t go as deep with it as I have. 

Nothing shows you the rapid potential of impermanence like Lumenate + music + psychedelics + Vipassana. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Julian gabriel I find that Music becomes a means of communication. It is a language that both your mind and soul understands. Messages come through the story for which music is the backdrop. 

In one instance, the message that was being conveyed to me was that I was part of a great something - I was not 'nothing" - the music was a forest drumming type of thing and I saw the forest tribe as being of great munificence and dignity and I was embraced by them.

In another instance, the cords which rose and fell seemed to represent the amazing variety and beauty of life - life was cords of music interweaving with exquisite sounds and colours. Listening to lullabies brings a feeling of warmth, immense care and love. 

I use the playlists suggested by a study of how psilocybin eases depression:

https://mapsofthemind.com/2019/10/30/6-music-playlists-psilocybin-journeys/

We are so lucky that this abstract thing, where air vibrating in a certain way causes us to have such deep states of consciousness. 

Shit really hits the fan when the pattern in music have their own language and speak in your consciousness just as direct as spoken language can. For me only possible on psychedelics though.

4 hours ago, Vynce said:

We are so lucky that this abstract thing, where air vibrating in a certain way causes us to have such deep states of consciousness. 

Shit really hits the fan when the pattern in music have their own language and speak in your consciousness just as direct as spoken language can. For me only possible on psychedelics though.

why do you call it abstract? because it can't be seen visually? 

6 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

why do you call it abstract? because it can't be seen visually? 

Actually everything is rather abstract if you look at it closely. 

If you tell an alien about humans, and tell him everything about science, history, biology, survival and culture, there would be many things the alien could never understand based on that objective lecture. 

One example would be music. You can't logically explain why such a thing has such a big impact on our behavior. 

There would be also questions like: Why is this pattern of air vibrations better than this? Why do animals don't want to do music? Why does literally every human being has a favorite music genre? ...

The same counts for all art forms by the way. 

I guess I should change the word abstract with irrational.