Danioover9000

Destiny and Mr. girl discussion again.

32 posts in this topic

Hasan is entertaining but he is kinda the left wing zoomer equivalent of Rush Limbaugh

23 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I think they are good examples of online Green and the problems that arise in that context, but they're not representable of all Green. No individual person is.

The reason why they are so popular is because they aren't even half green, they are orange with a little bit of green imo. You guys categorize these things completely differently from me and I am not sure how you are going about it.

Hasan is extraordinarily superficial, you can just see orange all over his personality and values. The same is true for vaush and his antagonistic debate bro values and hyper-intellectualism without real concern for truth.

When Spiral Dynamics was established there was no internet culture. Again, the internet is a game changer in terms of dynamics. The model is outdated and would require re-adjustments.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

2 hours ago, Scholar said:

The reason why they are so popular is because they aren't even half green, they are orange with a little bit of green imo. You guys categorize these things completely differently from me and I am not sure how you are going about it.

Hasan is extraordinarily superficial, you can just see orange all over his personality and values. The same is true for vaush and his antagonistic debate bro values and hyper-intellectualism without real concern for truth.

That's online Green ;)

I agree with your points, but generally when we speak, we speak comparatively while using single word abstractions. It's just the case that Vaush and the boys are more Green in comparison to other online figures, and we say also "Green", not "50%/30%/20%" of whatever stage they're truly at. You always evaluate and represent data based on something else (a contrasting example, an icon or objective standard), and there is always room for a more detailed analysis. There is also a selection bias in that we tend to highlight some domain over others in different contexts.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@LordFall

23 hours ago, LordFall said:

Can you give a solid paragraph review of Hasan? I've started watching him this month and I find him really good but I haven't really taken the time to dissect him. I'm currently also a big fan of Destiny, he can behave some strange takes but his overall thought processes are delightful to listen to. Great man. 

We live in a great time for intellectual discourse. This is the equivalent of our modern-day Greek philosophers. Give all these men a break btw, they are still young. Imagine how wise and integrated they will become if they keep this discourse going for the next 30 years! Also worth noting that Leo gives us almost too many tools to break down and find shadows in people. Being a fully integrated human being is really hard. 

The fact that the debate community is so popular shows that there is a huge interest for debating and getting to the bottom of nuanced issues, we're on a good timeline :)

Hasan thinks he's so handsome he's always right and above substantial criticism from other critical thinkers. He has some shadow aspect of logic and rationality, which he projects to others who are right as emotionally numb, robots and sociopaths. With such an attitude he is never gonna go to stage yellow, where systems thinking is more possible and where deeper issues can be resolved.

Hasan is at stage orange and green and values from each of those stages. He at the surface level values humanitarian values, environmental issues, social justice issues, and marginalised groups, most of these are in stage green. In stage orange, logic, rationality, transactional relationships, business, individuality, individualism, materialism, secularism, modernism, and so on are within stage orange. When somebody says a person has some stage green, some blue, some orange, a small amount of stage yellow, they mean that their value systems has other values from those stages. Like with Hasan, it is clear he values being an individual and material success, and values emotions as he always seems to talk with his heart on his sleeves, but has a shadow for logic, probably from perceiving Destiny's decision to split and leave, and being so hyper logical, as a betrayal. The debate bro culture also has roots in values more in stage orange than green, and sometimes when debates turn heated and personal, turns to stage green emotional triggering.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

That's online Green ;)

I agree with your points, but generally when we speak, we speak comparatively while using single word abstractions. It's just the case that Vaush and the boys are more Green in comparison to other online figures, and we say also "Green", not "50%/30%/20%" of whatever stage they're truly at. You always evaluate and represent data based on something else (a contrasting example, an icon or objective standard), and there is always room for a more detailed analysis. There is also a selection bias in that we tend to highlight some domain over others in different contexts.

I don't really go about it that way at all. I basically get a sense of how green they are based on how I intuit their progress on all the different lines of development, so it is an absolute category not a relative one. When I analyse it that way, especially people like vaush and hasan are more grounded in orange than green.

To me Hasan and Vaush are really, really bad examples of stage green, well of course because I don't think hey are stage green. Pointing to them and saying they are green misrepresents I think what is envisioned by the model to be someone grounded in stage green.

Glory to Israel

15 minutes ago, Scholar said:

I don't really go about it that way at all. I basically get a sense of how green they are based on how I intuit their progress on all the different lines of development, so it is an absolute category not a relative one. When I analyse it that way, especially people like vaush and hasan are more grounded in orange than green.

To me Hasan and Vaush are really, really bad examples of stage green, well of course because I don't think hey are stage green. Pointing to them and saying they are green misrepresents I think what is envisioned by the model to be someone grounded in stage green.

Do you know about any Green online figures?

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@LordFall

Hasan thinks he's so handsome he's always right and above substantial criticism from other critical thinkers. He has some shadow aspect of logic and rationality, which he projects to others who are right as emotionally numb, robots and sociopaths. With such an attitude he is never gonna go to stage yellow, where systems thinking is more possible and where deeper issues can be resolved.

Hasan is at stage orange and green and values from each of those stages. He at the surface level values humanitarian values, environmental issues, social justice issues, and marginalised groups, most of these are in stage green. In stage orange, logic, rationality, transactional relationships, business, individuality, individualism, materialism, secularism, modernism, and so on are within stage orange. When somebody says a person has some stage green, some blue, some orange, a small amount of stage yellow, they mean that their value systems has other values from those stages. Like with Hasan, it is clear he values being an individual and material success, and values emotions as he always seems to talk with his heart on his sleeves, but has a shadow for logic, probably from perceiving Destiny's decision to split and leave, and being so hyper logical, as a betrayal. The debate bro culture also has roots in values more in stage orange than green, and sometimes when debates turn heated and personal, turns to stage green emotional triggering.

@Danioover9000 Amazing, thank you for sharing brother. I'll reflect on that and watch out for what you've said next time I watch his content. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

53 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Do you know about any Green online figures?

I think alot of people are still very much grounded in orange, it's kind of hard to escape that considering our culture pulling towards it. So naturally people with orange-green tendencies will be more popular today.

However, more healthy examples, and people who I think are more grounded in green, would be people like Earthling Ed, Joaquin Phoenix or Dr. K from HealthyGamerGG. Other than that I have a hard time of thinking of people right now.

If you think of the three people I mentioned, you will notice that all of them would probably be more or less comfortable crying on camera. Now, imagine Hasan or Vaush crying on camera. They would absolutely cringe at themselves.

Oh Sam Seder is probably a better example of green too, however I view him also to have tons of orange inside him. It's better than Vaush and Hasan though for sure.

And Mr Girl of course I would consider green pretty much atleast from what I have seen, also much better than Vaushan.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

39 minutes ago, Scholar said:

If you think of the three people I mentioned, you will notice that all of them would probably be more or less comfortable crying on camera. Now, imagine Hasan or Vaush crying on camera. They would absolutely cringe at themselves.

Is Jordan Peterson Green then? Just kidding xD

I kinda admire the fact that Mr. Girl turns down sponsorship opportunities.

@Willie

On 1/25/2022 at 10:21 PM, Willie said:

I kinda admire the fact that Mr. Girl turns down sponsorship opportunities.

Not so fast. Sometimes sponsorship opportunities can be good, depending on your financial situation.