PurpleTree

What is an Anti-Vaxxer to you?

54 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Thanks. 

In it, it says. 

"Among women who were highly liberal, 62 percent were carriers of certain receptor genotypes that have previously been associated with such traits as extroversion and novelty seeking. Meanwhile, among highly conservative women, the proportion was only 37.5 percent."

Does anyone know how likely are kids ro inherit those receptors from parents? 

I'm too sleepy I'll read the second one tomorrow. 

Yeah it is.

How? 

> Picture a classroom full of students, lets say all 11 year olds.

> The classroom is getting a little rowdy and not paying attention.

> The teacher says if they can all quiet down, they get to leave class early when the lesson is done.

> Nearly all the kids stop talking and sit quietly in their seats.

> There is that one kid who doesn't stop making noise. Either because they didn't hear the teacher, or they are trying to be annoying.

> The teacher isn't continuing the lesson yet, and the other kids are getting pissed.

> It's obvious from the eyes around the room they are holding everything up.

> Instead of taking the sign to quiet down, they think they are special or being targeted so they keep making noise.

> The class never gets to end early.

hrhrhtewgfegege

15 minutes ago, Roy said:

> Picture a classroom full of students, lets say all 11 year olds.

> The classroom is getting a little rowdy and not paying attention.

> The teacher says if they can all quiet down, they get to leave class early when the lesson is done.

> Nearly all the kids stop talking and sit quietly in their seats.

> There is that one kid who doesn't stop making noise. Either because they didn't hear the teacher, or they are trying to be annoying.

> The teacher isn't continuing the lesson yet, and the other kids are getting pissed.

> It's obvious from the eyes around the room they are holding everything up.

> Instead of taking the sign to quiet down, they think they are special or being targeted so they keep making noise.

> The class never gets to end early.

Are you talking about me?

15 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

People who fear getting myocarditis from the vaccine when you're 5x more likely to get it from the virus :)

Study from UK shows that people under 40 are more likley to get myocarditis from the second shot of Moderna than from covid.

32 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Study from UK shows that people under 40 are more likley to get myocarditis from the second shot of Moderna than from covid.

Link. How much more likely?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

can someone who usually takes/took all vaccines but not a covid-19 vaccine be called an anti-vaxxer?

Just another person, I feel indifferent to them.
I got the shot so I don't worry, but I also don't really care what other people do with their bodies.
I don't know how I feel about the issues at hand, so I can't put myself in a position to demonize, but I am pro-vax.
My concern is, when and how is all this going to end? :/ 

13 hours ago, Bronson said:

myocarditis.png

In other words, not very much more likely: 15/(10^6) = 0.0015% for vaccine vs. 10/(10^6) = 0.0010% for infection. That's also just for myocarditis. Notice the differences for pericarditis and cardiac arrhythmia (0% for vaccine vs. 0.0006% for infection, and ~ 0.0010% vs. ~ 0.25%).

The statistic I gave for all age groups is also still valid.

The definition of an anti vaxxer from google online def:

anti-vaxxer

/antɪˈvaksə/

noun

INFORMAL

a person who is opposed to vaccination, typically a parent who does not wish to vaccinate their child.

"experts say several diseases that are avoidable are making a comeback due to anti-vaxxers who refuse to vaccinate their kids"

Another definition from Merriam-Webster:

anti-vaxxer

noun

Save Word

To save this word, you'll need to log in.

an·ti-vax·xer | \ ˌan-tē-ˈvak-sər  , ˌan-ˌtī- \

plural anti-vaxxers

Definition of anti-vaxxer

: a person who opposes the use of vaccines or regulations mandating vaccinationSome self-identified anti-vaxxers are vehemently against all vaccines. Some are skeptical of specific vaccines …— Kelly McLaughlin and Yelena DzhanovaHe said, while he will not get the COVID-19 vaccine, he is not an "anti-vaxxer" against all vaccinations.— Steven Mitchellespecially : a parent who opposes having his or her child vaccinatedBefore the 2016-17 school year, parents who opposed vaccination, or anti-vaxxers as they are often called, could enroll their unvaccinated children in school citing the personal belief exemption, based on religious or philosophical convictions, for example.— Ana B. Ibarra and Barbara Feder OstrovShe said she's not a staunch anti-vaxxer and has her two children get routine vaccines except flu shots.— Scott WylandAs anti-vaxxers launch a campaign against a bill that would eliminate their ability to opt out of required shots, supporters of the proposal are delivering more than 21,000 petition signatures to the office of state Sen. Ben Allen …— Alexei Koseff—often used before another nounanti-vaxxer sentimentanti-vaxxer parentsIronically, probably one reason the anti-vaxxer movement has swayed so many people is because the vaccines for childhood diseases have been so successful. Most of today's parents have never experienced the damage they can do.— The San Mateo (California) Daily Journal

link to Merriam webster https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjC_669o6j1AhXssaQKHcyJARkQFnoECAIQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.merriam-webster.com%2Fdictionary%2Fanti-vaxxer&usg=AOvVaw3OWMxAtDqo2viYgiGa-Gma

So, after reading the definitions, what do you guys find similar or different from your own definitions of an anti vaxxer? What do you guys agree?disagree with?

@Danioover9000 I generally dislike definitions. Definitions often don't capture the complexity of the categories they try to describe, certainly not when it comes to human behavior. People also don't fall neatly into categories. There is an anti-vaxxer inside all of us.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Danioover9000 Definitions often don't capture the complexity of the categories they try to describe, certainly not when it comes to human behavior. People also don't fall neatly into categories. There is an anti-vaxxer inside all of us.

So, what if there is an "anti-vaxxer" in all of the us? The sad fact is that nothing can be done to change the minds of these dangerous morons. They will have all passed away by the time we all pass away.

Edited by Hardkill

9 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

So, what if there is an "anti-vaxxer" in all of the us? The sad fact is that nothing can be done to change the minds of these dangerous morons. They will have all passed away by the time we all pass away.

If you don't feel like there is at least a little anti-vaxxer inside of you when you're having these discussions, I don't think you're being empathetic with other points of view.

11 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Anti-vaxxers have rotted brains. End of story.

9 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

these dangerous morons. 

how about being a bit more respectful? you can voice your opinion without being toxic and hateful

On 9.1.2022 at 7:41 PM, Loba said:

Just another person, I feel indifferent to them.
I got the shot so I don't worry, but I also don't really care what other people do with their bodies.
I don't know how I feel about the issues at hand, so I can't put myself in a position to demonize, but I am pro-vax.
My concern is, when and how is all this going to end? :/ 

i mostly agree

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

If you don't feel like there is at least a little anti-vaxxer inside of you when you're having these discussions, I don't think you're being empathetic with other points of view.

Why should I be more empathetic to them when they are the ones who are being totally selfish and unempathetic? They need to be held accountable in some way.

5 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

how about being a bit more respectful? you can voice your opinion without being toxic and hateful

Well, I figure that there is no point in being respectful to them because both sides are never going to be able to get along with each other. It's a fantasy.

37 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Why should I be more empathetic to them when they are the ones who are being totally selfish and unempathetic? They need to be held accountable in some way.

They probably think the same thing. Besides, we're just having discussions here. We're not policy makers. The only policies here are the guidelines :)