PurpleTree

What is an Anti-Vaxxer to you?

54 posts in this topic

The term is thrown around so much.

Do you use the term?

What's your definition of an anti-vaxxer?

do you hate them?

Someone who dies in the hospital from Covid after denying the vaccine for months on end. 

60iqos.gif

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Someone who dies in the hospital from Covid after denying the vaccine for months on end. 

Try again. It obviously just means someone who decides they don't need to take a vaccine. The vast majority of them are fine; only a tiny number die, though they are disproportionately reported on in the media, for some strange reason. If people want to demonize a group for poor health choices, they should go after the "anti-fitters" who are obese, don't exercise, have unhealthy diets, stay inside all day playing video games, etc. But they pretend like covid is an equal threat to everyone, regardless of their lifestyle, and demonize even young, healthy people who are essentially at no risk from covid. Most "anti-vaxxers" are just reasonable people who can see that what is being promoted is unreasonable, don't think Big Government or Big Pharma has a right to mandate that they be injected with an experimental genetic cocktail or strip them of rights for not doing so, have confidence in their immune system's ability to protect them, reject the hysteria and authoritarianism, and just say no. That's all.

Edited by Space Lizard

People who fear getting myocarditis from the vaccine when you're 5x more likely to get it from the virus :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

What's your definition of an anti-vaxxer?

Someone who's anti vaccine. 

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

do you hate them?

No but I don't think they are bright. 

Anti-vaxxers are beyond all hope. There’s nothing anybody can do to stop them from contributing to the irreparable damage happening to this world. Because of them, the entire human race could be doomed to extinction in the future.

Edited by Hardkill

28 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Anti-vaxxers are beyond all hope. There’s nothing anybody can do to stop them from contributing to the irreparable damage happening to this world. Because of them, the entire human race could be doomed to extinction in the future.

Why do you make such silly comments? How is humanity going to go extinct from a virus that has greater than 99% survival rate, with or without vaccines? You don't sound very bright.

Edited by Space Lizard

When I hear the term ‘anti-vaxxer’ it’s like I get a feeling that this is someone bad and that I should feel disassociated from them.  I also get the feeling I shouldn’t converse with them and should look down on them.  
I don’t want to feel like that but this is what I’ve been inundated with from the media, people in day to day life, at work etc. 

I think the term anti vax has been taken to an extreme and everyone has their own reasons for not taking it. I’m becoming increasingly more and more annoyed by pro-vaxxers because I have to listen to them all day at work and they are becoming more and more neurotic, which is making me go insane.

@Space Lizard  huge difference. False equivalence. Obese people can't spread obesity, it's not contagious. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

23 minutes ago, Space Lizard said:

Why do you make such silly comments? How is humanity going to go extinct from a virus that has greater than 99% survival rate, with or without vaccines? You don't sound very bright.

That 99% survival rate might change to about a less than 10% survival rate if another much more horrific variant of the virus emerges that ends up being as deadly as the black plaque was if not much much worse. 

Besides, you’re not understanding the bigger picture to all of this. Even if the human race does survive through this (it’s still a big IF), all of those millions upon millions upon millions of those anti-vaxxers and so on and so forth throughout the whole world will still become a great liability for the next crisis that will undoubtedly emerge. It’s simply because of how rotted their minds have gotten.

What’s even more sad about this is that even when those people pass away in the future their population will continue to increase given the fact that they will have more and more children. Look at how much the human population throughout the entire planet has increase exponentially decade by decade by decade by decade. That means that the amount of morons we are going to have in this world will undoubtedly continue skyrocket until the end of the time. Therefore, more and more future morons will continue the same toxic ideology that their parents had for generations to come. Then, those children will do the same with their children and so on and so forth. It’s truly a very very sorry sight.?

28 minutes ago, Pavement said:

When I hear the term ‘anti-vaxxer’ it’s like I get a feeling that this is someone bad and that I should feel disassociated from them.  I also get the feeling I shouldn’t converse with them and should look down on them.  
I don’t want to feel like that but this is what I’ve been inundated with from the media, people in day to day life, at work etc. 

I think the term anti vax has been taken to an extreme and everyone has their own reasons for not taking it. I’m becoming increasingly more and more annoyed by pro-vaxxers because I have to listen to them all day at work and they are becoming more and more neurotic, which is making me go insane.

If your media is encouraging you to hate a group of people, and your own feelings and experiences tell you they don't deserve it, what does that tell you about the media? They are creating a lot of neurosis and insanity, clearly. If there is  a harmful virus going around, it's the mind-virus of fear, spread by the media. The way to vaccinate yourself is to turn it off, and follow your own feelings and experiences. It's so simple, yet so difficult, because we let the media get so powerful.

3 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

That 99% survival rate might change to about a less than 10% survival rate if another much more horrific variant of the virus emerges that ends up being as deadly as the black plaque was if not much much worse. 

Besides, you’re not understanding the bigger picture to all of this. Even if the human race does survive through this (it’s still a big IF), all of those millions upon millions upon millions of those anti-vaxxers and so on and so forth throughout the whole world will still become a great liability for the next crisis that will undoubtedly emerge. It’s simply because of how rotted their minds have gotten.

What’s even more sad about this is that even when those people pass away in the future their population will continue to increase given the fact that they will have more and more children. Look at how much the human population throughout the entire planet has increase exponentially decade by decade by decade by decade. That means that the amount of morons we are going to have in this world will undoubtedly continue skyrocket until the end of the time. Therefore, more and more future morons will continue the same toxic ideology that their parents had for generations to come. Then, those children will do the same with their children and so on and so forth. It’s truly a very very sorry sight.?

All strains of covid have a very low fatality rate; speculating about non-existent highly lethal viruses is just fear-mongering. So is this idea that not taking vaccines is putting everyone at risk; these "vaccines" don't prevent you from getting covid or spreading it either; they aren't actually vaccines. Also, the world's birthrates are plummeting. Elon Musk considers depopulation one of the biggest threats to civilization. You are just making wild claims. Try thinking more critically and providing evidence.

48 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

What’s even more sad about this is that even when those people pass away in the future their population will continue to increase given the fact that they will have more and more children. 

Why do you assume that those traits are genetic?

38 minutes ago, Space Lizard said:

All strains of covid have a very low fatality rate; speculating about non-existent highly lethal viruses is just fear-mongering. So is this idea that not taking vaccines is putting everyone at risk; these "vaccines" don't prevent you from getting covid or spreading it either; they aren't actually vaccines. Also, the world's birthrates are plummeting. Elon Musk considers depopulation one of the biggest threats to civilization. You are just making wild claims. Try thinking more critically and providing evidence.

Elon Musk may be a brilliant engineer and amazing entrepreneur but he’s not is not a scientific expert in the field of demographics. Plus, he has undermined the trust and credibility of the real scientific and medical facts on COVID. Furthermore, he’s kind of a libertarian douchebag.

Also, the medical scientists have been saying that it’s still possible that we could end up having a much more deadly variant than we’ve ever had if we don’t keep up our guard enough. 

23 minutes ago, Opo said:

Why do you assume that those traits are genetic?

Well, a lot of it is genetic and a lot of is actually attributed to the toxic upbringing from parents who are either too dumb or too dogmatic or both.

9 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Well, a lot of it is genetic 

Can you prove it? 

6 minutes ago, Opo said:

Can you prove it? 

Scientists and doctors have already proven it. Besides, it doesn’t take a genus to realize that a lot of people in this world are too ignorant and brainwashed by all kinds of toxic ideologies that have existed throughout the entire world since the dawn of mankind. 

Edited by Hardkill

13 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Scientists and doctors have already proven it.

Gimme the source. 

13 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Besides, it doesn’t take a genus to realize that a lot of people in this world are too ignorant and brainwashed by all kinds of toxic ideologies that have existed throughout the entire world since the dawn of mankind. 

Is this related to the question? 

Hardkill, we're not in fifth grade here. You need to learn how to make arguments, think critically and provide evidence if you want anyone to take you seriously.