Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abundance

Why American Fascism Is On The Rise - Second Thought

63 posts in this topic

I thought this was a pretty powerful video summarizing the recent rise of American fascism. I am very concerned about the future of this country and think there is a pretty decent chance we'll see more political violence in the coming years. 

Is it really on the rise, or is that just what your media wants you to think? Have you considered that maybe they are intentionally trying to create hysteria to justify seizing more power, like they did after 9/11? You should study the history of the Deep State, the CIA and how they operate; they are masters of false flags, propaganda and deception. For example, how do you know the people in that video aren't part of one of their ops? They depend on gullible, hysterical people who take their media at face value; it's key to their power. The CIA overthrew the government of Guatemala in 1954 primarily with "fake news" (see this). They also infiltrated the major media organizations back in the 1950s, and there's no reason to believe they aren't still there (see Operation Mockingbird). More recently, they spent four years trying to take down Trump using stories fabricated by intelligence agents, and they're still trying to get rid of him by creating hysteria around 1/6 and turning it into a domestic 9/11.

This might sound like crazy Alex Jones "conspiracy theories", but here again this is part of their deception. Did you know that the term "conspiracy theorist" was invented in the 1960s by the CIA to discredit people who criticized their antics? Anyway, just encouraging you not to parrot media talking points, but to be more critical about what you're seeing. You do realize that all media serves someone's agenda, and that agenda isn't always honest or out in the open, right?

Edited by Space Lizard

Fascism relies on conspiracy theories and on unjustifiable claims of persecution for members of the dominant ethno-cultural group to fuel its egoicly gratifying delusions. 

Which is where ludicrous ideas that Christians or  white men are a persecuted minority ultimately come from, or that mask requirements during a pandemic are equivalent to anti-Semitism in 1930s Germany.

Because once you rip away these delusions the entire ideology falls apart, hence why you can't engage a fascist sympathizers in good faith. And why we should be calling out Bad Faith arguments so that ourselves and others don't get drawn in to debates with people who employ them.

That doesn't mean we can't be compassionate towards people who fall in to toxic ideologies (no one joins a white supremacist gang because thier life is going awesome), but we'd be better off manuevering around them and doing what we can to make sure they can't amass political power rather than spending time and energy arguing and debating.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

1 hour ago, DocWatts said:

Fascism relies on conspiracy theories and on unjustifiable claims of persecution for members of the dominant ethno-cultural group to fuel its egoicly gratifying delusions. 

Which is where ludicrous ideas that Christians or  white men are a persecuted minority ultimately come from, or that mask requirements during a pandemic are equivalent to anti-Semitism in 1930s Germany.

Because once you rip away these delusions the entire ideology falls apart, hence why you can't engage a fascist sympathizers in good faith. And why we should be calling out Bad Faith arguments so that ourselves and others don't get drawn in to debates with people who employ them.

That doesn't mean we can't be compassionate towards people who fall in to toxic ideologies (no one joins a white supremacist gang because thier life is going awesome), but we'd be better off manuevering around them and doing what we can to make sure they can't amass political power rather than spending time and energy arguing and debating.

But what if we can't even maneuver around them?

The Fascism of the right is as much as a threat as the marxism on the left. Of course videos like these won’t acknowledge that because there’s always bias and agendas going on.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

28 minutes ago, vizual said:

The Fascism of the right is as much as a threat as the marxism on the left. Of course videos like these won’t acknowledge that because there’s always bias and agendas going on.

There are legitimate critiques to be made of Marxism, but painting a false equivalency between the two (especially in a contemporary context where fascist terrorists are murdering people and actively working to destroy democracy in the United States) is hugely unproductive.

Plus, Marxism has basically zero political representation in the United States whilst fascist sympathizers have been making inroads towards actual positions of power; both in the Republican Party and also in law enforcement (the latter is something the FBI has been warning about).

Edited by DocWatts

2 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

There are legitimate critiques to be made of Marxism, but painting a false equivalency between the two (especially in a contemporary context where fascist terrorists are murdering people and actively working to destroy democracy in the United States) is hugely unproductive.

You are right it’s not fair to compare these two ideologies. Mao Zhedong(directly inspired by Marx) made Hitler seem like a nice guy. And look at China still today.

And you think there aren’t any Marxist influences appealing in the US? Just look at BLM(Marxist roots) and Antifa(Marxist roots). They aren’t a threat to democracy? These organizations are even more effective at creating divisions in society through propaganda than the extremists on the right.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

I actually am very seriously considering buying some kind of gun and a bulletproof vest. I definitely want to make a panic room. The more I think about what has happened to our country the more I realize how dangerous it has gotten. I know you guys say that there probably isn’t going to be a civil war within the foreseeable future, but I actually think that as long America seems to no longer be a safe country for anyone to live in given the skyrocketing right wing terrorism in the US. 

@vizual  Was it BLM and Marxists that staged an attempted coup a year ago? Or was it right wing terrorists? Far right terrorists are responsible for more deaths due to terrorist violence than literally any other group or ideology in the United States (according to the FBI).

10 minutes ago, vizual said:

And you think there aren’t any Marxist influences appealing in the US? Just look at BLM(Marxist roots) and Antifa(Marxist roots). They aren’t a threat to democracy? These organizations are even more effective at creating divisions in society through propaganda than the extremists on the right.

This is literally a recycled Nazi conspiracy theory; namely that social justice organizations are the work of a degenerate cabal of Jews and Marxists to destabilize society and subvert Western culture. Not accusing you of being a Nazi, but it might help to be aware of the origins of the argument that you're making.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

15 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

@vizual  Was it BLM and Marxists that staged an attempted coup a year ago? Or was it right wing terrorists? Far right terrorists are responsible for more deaths due to terrorist violence than literally any other group or ideology in the United States (according to the FBI).

This is literally a recycled Nazi conspiracy theory; namely that social justice organizations are the work of a degenerate cabal of Jews and Marxists to destabilize society and subvert Western culture. Not accusing you of being a Nazi, but it might help to be aware of the origins of the argument that you're making.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

It’s hopeless.....? 

28 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

@vizual  Was it BLM and Marxists that staged an attempted coup a year ago? Or was it right wing terrorists?

one year later, what do you think about the "attempted coup"?

just seems like a bunch of morons from afar, not really "terrorists"

a few people died of strokes and heart attacks

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/us/who-died-in-capitol-building-attack.html

forgive me if those questions are moronic, i really don't know much about the situation

also left extremists made those zones in portland and seattle which also wasn't great

not trying to excuse nazi ideology in anyway shape or form btw i see myself more as left than right going more center as i age though

10 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

forgive me if those questions are moronic, i really don't know much about the situation

also left extremists made those zones in portland and seattle which also wasn't great

not trying to excuse nazi ideology in anyway shape or form btw i see myself more as left than right going more center as i age though

It’s so sad that we are all going to have to live with the extreme divisions within our country for probably the rest of our lives. None of us alive may ever get to escape this war torn world.?

27 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

While it's true that the crowd largely consisted of gullible idiots taken in by a charismatic con man, that doesn't change the fact that it was it was an organized attempt to prevent a democratic election from being certified with tacit approval from several high ranking Republican politicians.

And that elected representatives narrowly avoided being murdered by some of these folks. Alexandria Occasio Cortez narrowly avoided being abducted and possibly murdered by men who broke in to her office, and some men were also planning to abduct and possibly murder vice president Mike Pence.

While it was less a serious attempt to overthrow the government than it was a show of force and a dress rehearsal for future coup attempts, it's a bad portent of things to come. Most of the people who were charged got off with relatively light sentences (less than a few years), and the Republican Party has actively been trying to obstruct investigations in to the affair (such as why the Capital Hill Police were completely unprepared that day), because Trump and several others were complicit.

Hitler also launched a botched coup attempt in the 1920s, but just because it was farcical failure didn't prevent him from successfully ending democracy a decade later.

Edited by DocWatts

2 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

While it's true that the crowd largely consisted of gullible idiots taken in by a charismatic con man, that doesn't change the fact that it was it was an organized attempt to prevent a democratic election from being certified with tacit approval from several high ranking Republican politicians.

And that elected representatives narrowly avoided being murdered by some of these folks. Alexandria Occasio Cortez narrowly avoided being abducted and possibly murdered by men who broke in to her office, and some men were also planning to abduct and possibly murder vice president Mike Pence.

While it was less a serious attempt to overthrow the government than it was a show of force and a dress rehearsal for future coup attempts, it's a bad portent of things to come. Most of the people who were charged got off with relatively light sentences (less than a few years), and the Republican Party has actively been trying to obstruct investigations in to the affair (such as why the Capital Hill Police were completely unprepared that day), because Trump and several others were complicit.

Hitler also launched a botched coup attempt in the 1920s, but just because it was farcical failure didn't prevent him from ending democracy a decade later.

It’s true. That’s why all leftists and moderates probably will need to buy a boatload of weaponry and armory to prepare for a possible dystopian future.

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

I actually am very seriously considering buying some kind of gun and a bulletproof vest. I definitely want to make a panic room. The more I think about what has happened to our country the more I realize how dangerous it has gotten. I know you guys say that there probably isn’t going to be a civil war within the foreseeable future, but I actually think that as long America seems to no longer be a safe country for anyone to live in given the skyrocketing right wing terrorism in the US. 

You sound like you really need to turn off the mass media and get a grip on reality. Exactly how are you threatened by violence right now, where you live? Is your realization of "how dangerous it has gotten" based on anything you have experienced, or are you just parrotting what media talking heads say?

The irony here is that this fear propaganda that you're falling for is exactly what fascists use to gain power. In the name of fighting fascists, the real fascists (e.g. the CIA) will subvert democracy and curtail your freedoms, using an onslaught of propaganda and misinformation. They did this after 9/11, they did it during the Trump years,  they've been doing it abroad for decades, and they're still at it. And as people like you demonstrate, it's very effective, because few people know how to look at the media critically and skeptically, left, right or center. It's one of the keys to making fascism work, and you're falling for it. If you want to see how to look at media and power more critically, here are two real journalists who aren't exactly right-wingers who are very good at breaking down the propaganda machine and calling BS where they see it:

https://greenwald.substack.com/

https://taibbi.substack.com/

Edited by Space Lizard

Extremism is just a symptom indicating there is stress in society.  The globalists make obscene profits by destroying millions of jobs and shipping them to China where slave labor is legal.     The cause/effect is lost in the complexity and people are at each other’s throats, not seeing the powerful economic forces at work.   The mass media further amplifies the conflict for deflection and profit.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, Space Lizard said:

You sound like you really need to turn off the mass media and get a grip on reality. Exactly how are you threatened by violence right now, where you live? Is your realization of "how dangerous it has gotten" based on anything you have experienced, or are you just parrotting what media talking heads say?

The irony here is that this fear propaganda that you're falling for is exactly what fascists use to gain power. In the name of fighting fascists, the real fascists (e.g. the CIA) will subvert democracy and curtail your freedoms, using an onslaught of propaganda and misinformation. They did this after 9/11, they did it during the Trump years,  they've been doing it abroad for decades, and they're still at it. And as people like you demonstrate, it's very effective, because few people know how to look at the media critically and skeptically, left, right or center. It's one of the keys to making fascism work, and you're falling for it. If you want to see how to look at media and power more critically, here are two real journalists who aren't exactly right-wingers who are very good at breaking down the propaganda machine and calling BS where they see it:

https://greenwald.substack.com/

https://taibbi.substack.com/

Why are you calling the CIA the real fascists? 

Sounds like you believe in conspiracy theories.

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

Why are you calling the CIA the real fascists? 

Sounds like you believe in conspiracy theories.

The CIA has conspired to overthrow governments, assassinate leaders, plant fake news in the media, drug and brainwash citizens, etc. That's not theory, it's fact. They operate like fascists. But like I said, they came up with the term "conspiracy theorist" to discredit people who criticize them, and you're falling for it. 

The roots of fascism have sadly already been sowed in America soil. 

The statue of Liberty (which I hold in highest regard in relation to American principles) has never before faced such a threat. 

It's left to be seen in the next 10 years, whether fascism will win or people's faith in democratic structures will be restored. 

God save America. 

Make America safe again. 

America will either be ruled by democratic leaders or by someone like Saddam Hussein. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

^^ Sounds like another person parroting what they hear in the media. Do you people have opinions of your own, or are you just repeaters? And where do you live by the way? What do you actually know about how safe it is in America?

Edited by Space Lizard