Natasha

Holidays

16 posts in this topic

In the light of the current holiday happenings, I was introspecting and integrating, and while choosing to not actively participate (decorating, shopping, gatherings, etc), still found the cheer and community buzz somewhat endearing. Someone would say it's love, and yes Love is what is, holidays or not holidays, it's just what is. The collective ego-mind hive comes especially alive in such times of the year. The reason for the season is not really as important as the attempt to maintain and strengthen the collective illusion. Even thinking and writing about it is contributing. Not saying any of this is right or wrong, just making an observation. An infinite possibility at play, like everything else in reality created.

Cheers guys!

Merry Christmas! 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I’ve found it fun playing into all the festivities(:

Never really done that before this year. 

Merry Christmas everyone❤️

The game of survival cannot be won. 

On 12/25/2021 at 7:20 AM, mandyjw said:

Merry Christmas! 

Wearing my cute little reindeer antlers today xD Merry Christmas! 

IMG_20211225_110559416~3.jpg

Merry Christmas. The holidays always bring in a cheerful spirit. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 25/12/2021 at 11:20 AM, Natasha said:

The reason for the season

To me, the season is itself the reason. 

It's dark so we have lights. 

It's midwinter (can't grow any food), so we feast.

We bring evergreen nature into the house to celebrate the survival of the green through the winter. Pine trees, holly, ivy etc. 

Weather is bad so we hunker down in the family nest, a symbolic hibernation until the dying sun is reborn, a few days after the solstice we can notice the rebirth of the sun (ok son of God if you're Christian) as days start to lengthen. 

Stonehenge was celebrating midwinter at least as much as midsummer, there's archaeology to support it. 

In summary, we (in the temperate zones) always wanted a good festival to cheer us up at this time of year. Merry Yuletide everyone! 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

6 hours ago, Guru Peter Jordanson said:

I meditate on new year

That makes me a no-man

Lol

xD Genius

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

So true! There's some sort of festive ambience and a sense of some elevated mood all around! Holidays are such a vibe, everyone's a little chill for a bit :)

10 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

Personally, things have taken the other direction to the point that i no longer feel obligated to see the holidays as more special than any other days.

Do you celebrate birthdays?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

12 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

To be honest, i was a little surprised to see that Christmas is celebrated among (non-new age) spiritual circles. 

Personally, things have taken the other direction to the point that i no longer feel obligated to see the holidays as more special than any other days.

That being said, i 100% appreciate the spirit on here and it is lovely to see that those of you who take Christmas "seriously" do it for nothing less than a celebration of love and consciousness.

Much love to all of you❤?

I do take it seriously.  I loooove the holidays so much!  
That's really cool that you have gotten to that point tbh.

I think the reason that I love the holidays so much is that my mother always puts a lot of time into it, and she did when I was a kid, too.  She's an isfj, so tradition is really important to her, and seeing my family in a good mood during these days is really infectious.  I love that people are more giving, happier - and the traditions that come with the holidays are fascinating as well.

I'm a really good gift-giver and can always find some of the coolest stuff for other people.  I love listening to what people like and what they need and would always surprise my friend and family with something unique that they don't expect.  I'm a big gift giver - I inherited the spirit of the season from my family.  I think that how people view the holidays can have a lot to do with how they are raised, too.

If it was a stressful time, or lonely, then the holidays won't be viewed with the same zest as someone who has a lot of good memories of being with family and friends.

Much love to you, too! (Can't wait for the new years!  I love the collective spirit of making resolutions and people feeling like there is a clean slate to the fresh new year - that's the best.)

@Judy2 Aww thanks, it so is.  It just feels like a clean slate, it's more the experience of like... a bunch of people having the same emotion at the same time and resonating with that and during the holiday season - new years and so forth - there is just the spirit of it in the air and I feel it and love it.

It's, think in mbti 'extroverted feeling'; like a communal resonance, where everyone feels like they can move forward and accomplish their goals and they are motivated and happy and being around it makes me feel the same way as opposed to just any day, there isn't the same kind of cheer.  I'm still externally motivated in some aspects for sure.