Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yidaki

WildFit references?

10 posts in this topic

Hi there. There is a diet system called WildFit, taught by a man called Eric Edmeades. I have watched interviews and videos, but they reveal pretty little of what actually it is all about. It seems to be very closed, or at least I have not found much information about the basics of that system. They offer to buy a course to learn it, but before trying to buy it, I'd like to know something, like a free sample of some of the fundamental ideas there..

Someone who has tried it or knows more of it?

Can't tell, sounds like he is saying to eat healthy lol

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Checked it out for you. Smells a bit culty to me, but I can't put my finger on it.

Perhaps it's the outrageous overpromising, reminiscent of diet pill ads.

The sales video starts with the line: "Stop, do not exercise!", and then tries to make you scared that you are doing damage to your body if you exercise when your nutrition is not totally on point. What outrageous nonsense is this?!

Pages of people claiming to review it independently, are then trying to sell you their own diet pills. Also not a great sign.

But I found this for you: https://www.quora.com/What-is-your-review-of-WildFit?share=1

Mind you, all those other fantastic effects that Eric Edmeades promised, and that other Wildfit reviews always gush about — more energy, better sleep at night, better skin, reduced health problems, no aches or pains… yeeeah, none of that happened. My health stayed the exact same throughout; not awful, not excellent. I still suffered from the occasional bout of insomnia, the minor back problems I’ve had for a while did not vanish, I didn’t get better hair or skin, and I certainly didn’t burst with energy or feel any happier than normal.

The Wildfit challenge also did not, despite assurances from Eric Edmeades, “change my relationship with food.” It didn’t “liberate” me or any of the many phrases they use to hide that this totally IS a restrictive diet even though they keep insisting that it isn’t. See, Wildfit keeps saying it’s not a restrictive diet but a lifestyle change. It’s not there to restrict your diet, it’s there to make you WANT to choose healthier options. in those awful videos, Eric Edmeades goes on about how food will no longer have power over you and you will have the choice to say no to unhealthy foods…

…he kind of seems convinced that people who don’t follow his diet just can’t control themselves as soon as unhealthy foods are on the table, You get the feel from the videos that he’s incapable of viewing it as anything other than being “forced” by outside powers. “You can’t REALLY like pizza. I don’t like pizza, so obviously nobody REALLY likes it. You just eat it because you are incapable of NOT eating it. You don’t ACTUALLY like it.”

I’ve never reacted well to being told what I wanted or liked by people who didn’t bother listening to what I wanted or liked. Which may be why I saw through the extremely manipulative tactics used in those videos… the same ones, in fact that Eric Edmeades calls the evil food industry out for using.

I’ve also kind of noticed that, while people SAY that Wildfit has given them an entire new relationship with food and how they eat so much healthier now, most of them do tend to slide back into the old food habits once the challenge is over and they’re allowed to eat their fave things again. So maaaaaybe this entire “changing your relationship with food” doesn’t actually happen?!

Something that DID happen, though, was that as I went through the challenge… I did get the unnerving feeling that I was being indoctrinated in a cult.

That’s very much Wildfit. Whenever I see anyone “review” the Wildfit program, nine times out of ten it’s just endless gushing about how amazing it is and what a genius and wonderful person Eric Edmeades is. This total lack of anything even resembling criticism always rings a few warning bells in my head. Nothing is universally adored and popular, and if something “big and revolutionary” doesn’t have any negative reviews at all, then I immediately begin suspecting that something’s up.

I checked it out and I noticed for example that on the Facebook page, the one negative review had a comment by Eric Edmeades himself, where he told the dissatisfied costumer that the negative review was unfair and that they should change it because they were ruining the perfect track record. When they didn’t change the review, he left another comment some months later essentially saying “you haven’t changed your review, you should change your review.”

I was already rather annoyed with Eric thanks to those videos, and so I decided to check out if he was only like that in the vids (or towards people who left bad reviews on Facebook), or if he was a douchebag elsewhere too. He turned out to be fairly active on Twitter, so I checked his Twitter account out and…

The man is a douchebag. He canNOT take the slightest bit of criticism. Anyone who contradicts him are met with scorn and mockery and namecalling.

Yeah...

Of course this is only one review by a total stranger.

But it's the first review that doesn't smell like a diet pill ad.

And it matches my expectations based on the culty, MLM-y smell that I got from the website.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@Yidaki

Perhaps you would like to speak to our very own  @Michael569 .

He's excellent at creating personalized nutrition plans. He actually helped out a good friend of mine, and also my mother.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Thank you very much for your responses. Very helpful

I hadn't eaten sugar in months and I still crave it.

7 days is like pissing in the ocean.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

So go have some ice cream today, Merry Christmas. :) :x

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 hours ago, mandyjw said:

So go have some ice cream today, Merry Christmas. :) :x

Leo has Sibo. He can’t eat any carbs.

https://www.actualized.org/insights/my-health-situation

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You mean white refined sugar?

Or you include Soft Drinks, White bread, or Honey?

It´s kinda nonsense abstaining from sugar unless you do not consume simple carbohydrates. All of those will convert fast into sugar once you eat them.