Intraplanetary

Sorry for bringing solipsism again but it is what it is

27 posts in this topic

Hey,

just some of experiences i've been recently having..

i understand and can really see how i imagine everything that is out of my direct consciousness and how i'm Alone in this reality. i contemplate this everyday and recently smoked some 5-meo and i feel that i'm slowing starting to believe that i imagine this whole shabang, i mean reality, and that there is literally no one else but me and it's defo feels/sounds as solipsism. How can i avoid trip on this spiritual journey? i find it very hard to comprehend this dichotomy of being God/Creator but existing with others. 

i also sometimes feel scared. i ask myself: 'do you really want to find out what's Truth?' 'do you really understand where are you getting yourself into?'  but despite this deep existential fear, i say 100% yes because i can't imagine stopping or going back. i'm sucked in. however, fear exists, therefore, i'm being very gentle with my use of  psychedelics and try to take a good care of grounding myself with good health and career/life purpose.

i feel as i'm learning to be less critical to others and admit that i don't really know how they feel.. and even if i get a good glimpse of their experience and psychology, to criticise someone feels kind of useless.. i've started to prefer a position of 'not knowing' rather than wanting to know and be right.

when it comes to people that are very close in my life, i want to change and manipulate less. i feel pain of some people i love and i think i know what could be better for them and try to play some tricks or say things to change their feelings and actions. but recently i drop all of that and embrace that pain and other emotions i think they feel. i mean i can't be sure what they really feel, it's all my imagining. we never feel what others feel, we only imagine it. there are no 'their' feelings, it's all me and mine. and that tells me that others don't exist and this would be solipsism. 

do you see how i'm confused? 

softly into the Abyss...

Struggled with his myself. Once you realize actual oneness there won't be a "you" to be alone 

I acted like Cary Grant for so long, I became Cary Grant. – Cary Grant

"I have no other self than the totality of things of which I am aware." - Alan Watts

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

1 minute ago, Iesu said:

@Intraplanetary feel free to PM me 

YOU should pm ME, so WE can talk about there's only ME.

One key to making sense of Solipsism, is to recognize that it doesn't matter whether or not there REALLY ARE others (can anything be known to exist beyond our own experience?) or if there only SEEMS TO BE others, as long as you can't tell the difference.  

This is made clear by considering the following-  Does this forum really exist, or does it just really seem to exist to you?   Do you see how it doesn't matter which one is the case? 

10 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

YOU should pm ME, so WE can talk about there's only ME.

We=Me

@Iesu it seems like there's a you, and a me.. and that 'seeming like a you and a me (and whatever else there seems to be)' is the one thing I am. ;)

lady brought up solipsism and rupert gave some very good help 

14 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Iesu it seems like there's a you, and a me.. and that 'seeming like a you and a me (and whatever else there seems to be)' is the one thing I am. ;)

Yes the I am that is everything not josh 

Or consciousness is

Edited by Iesu

1 hour ago, Iesu said:

lady brought up solipsism and rupert gave some very good help 

i really liked what he said about the possibility that others exist beyond our direct experience. i can embrace this possibility easily as i'm open to 'not knowing'. 

perhaps essentially we can't really know and while we can't know we need to swim in the vast waters of 'not knowing'.

but then how existential aloneness manifest on the spiritual journey? what does Ken Wilber meant by saying that spirituality is going from alone to Alone? if it isn't solipsistic aloneness, then what kind of existential aloneness it is? 

softly into the Abyss...

2 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

i really liked what he said about the possibility that others exist beyond our direct experience. i can embrace this possibility easily as i'm open to 'not knowing'. 

perhaps essentially we can't really know and while we can't know we need to swim in the vast waters of 'not knowing'.

but then how existential aloneness manifest on the spiritual journey? what does Ken Wilber meant by saying that spirituality is going from alone to Alone? if it isn't solipsistic aloneness, then what kind of existential aloneness it is? 

I am just as clueless as you. 

it's not that it's only you. is that there is no you. the you who thinks that this is just a fictitious construction, and can be completely dissolved, without a trace, in this very second

What you are aware of, you are controlling. What you aren't aware of, is controlling you. Yet, those aren't two. But what are you? You see what comes out of you, and what goes into you, but never what's inside you -- in this way you are an unknowable black box. So what is "you" anyway?

15 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

What is solipsism anyways?

That besides 'consciousness is' (also can be phrased as 'I am' or 'truth is' or 'self is'), nothing else can be known to exist for certain. Pointing away from solipsism as defined here, is pointing away from awakening and into a dream -- however, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Colloquial uses of the term, however, I am completely unconcerned about, and it's not what I'm talking about if it's not precisely (or at least essentially) the above definition.

Edited by The0Self

1 hour ago, Intraplanetary said:

its not that we can't know, knowledge is perfect and clear for those who are willing to lower themselves down to pick it up.

its more like a collective aloneness hahaha

like we are all alone together, so that makes the concept of being "alone" magically disappear, in a sense

@Intraplanetary

If seeking truth, gotta let go of all isms. 

Don’t justify. Don’t rationalize. Don’t conceptualize. Don’t intellectualize. Definitely don’t believe “I’ve got it”, and in kind, “I’ve been told it and now I just need to figure it out”  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Intraplanetary

If seeking truth, gotta let go of all isms. 

Don’t justify. Don’t rationalize. Don’t conceptualize. Don’t intellectualize. Definitely don’t believe “I’ve got it “.

Isms?