bensenbiz

NFT Communities = Huge Potential!

23 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I need you guys to be open-minded about this Topic
Disclaimer: This is not about making quick money and getting rich !!

I am a part of the Actualized community for about 7 years. I remember watching a video from Leo about authenticity and being so inspired by that, so I followed my wish to study acting and quitted my job. Before that I was studying Computer Science and I worked several years for Apple. Obviously spiritual and creativity was missing so that's why studying acting was so important at that time.

After finishing my acting education I was spending 2 years by travelling the world and deepening spirituality. I also got some ego deaths and felt like I was reborn. I needed some new life purpose as the acting world was too superficial at that time.  I had definitely  hard time to integrate the insights and being able to take part in the society.

But as you guys now: with time I was able to integrate and having joy in participating in society stuff. I was highly interested in Crypto, as I like the idea of decentralization. Further more the NFT Scene got my attention and I fell in love with the idea of creating a DAO (decentralized autonomous organization).
Basically its Tech + Creativity + Selflessness combined. Let me explain shortly:

NFT = Non-fungible token.
Is a file based on the Blockchain - each of the NFTs are unique and can’t be replaced with something else.
Like A one-of-a-kind trading card. Its unique and often limited and there for valuable.

How does it work to create a NFT Community?

First you need an Idea what the Community is supposed to be about: It can be saving specific animals, saving the Amazonas or simple creating a mental health community or even a conscious community with the goal of creating a health center. There is basically no limits. Every day there is over 30 new Projects coming in to the market at some are just for fun but lots of them have really good utilities and great roadmaps to change something for good.

When the idea is ready: you have to be clear about your vision and roadmap. People are buying the NFT because they want to be a part of something which resonates with them.

Than you also need to create your collection of NFTs which is one of the coolest parts: you need to decide the amount and the mint price for that.
classic amounts are 100 - 10000. Everyone who bought an NFT can verify himself and is in the DAO. So they will have for all future decisions a vote right.
As the Collection is limited and the community grows. It's also possible to list your NFTs in the secondary market and make some money with it. But this is
just a small part of it. The Main idea is about creating a like-minded community where people can collectively follow a purpose.

I can't explain you guys how excited this is for me. It combines every interests of me. And this is just the beginning. Web 3.0 is
on his way and the Internet will be changed in a drastically way. i felt obliged to share that with you guys as I am pretty active here.

Btw: I already created one Project and it has over 10 000 Members and it's a wonderful feeling to see how it works.
The vibe is tremendously good and we are deciding everything as a DAO. This NFT Space has an unbelievable potential.

@Leo Gura  I would be highly interested in your opinion about that.

Also it was difficult for me to explain everything ( also obviously not a native english speaker/writer ).
Obviously there much more details to it.
I am definitely an expert in this field and gained a lot of experience in the last years.
So any questions are welcome!

But why??

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, bensenbiz said:

When the idea is ready: you have to be clear about your vision and roadmap.

What is the vision and roadmap of your community? What are you trying to achieve by organizing? 

You should be careful because most NFT as second-layer tokens are created to prop up the value of the first layer token (usually ETH).

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But why??

Glad that you asked. There is a huge need for the NFT Scene
And I will tell you guys why.
But first we need to start by defining what Web 3.0 is. ( Blockchain Technology)

Web 1.0 (1989-2005)
Was basically just a bunch of static Web Pages with no user interaction.

Web 2.0 (2005-present)
The Social Web, or Web 2.0, made the internet a lot more interactive. Which enabled  interactive web platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Wikipedia and many more. Huge Issue:

The Internet is owned
Platforms own everything you create online
Deplatforming & censorship ( Youtube could technically block the content from Actualized.
If Leo is not playing by there rules)
Big Tech is extracting us.

Web 3.0 (starting now)
Blockchain technology unlocks a new kind of web: a human-to-human economic network in which strangers can trade currencies, assets and valuable data. No institutions charging fees, setting terms or asking questions for making it happen.
These are apps that allow anyone to participate without monetising their personal data.

So Basically:

every user IS a wallet.
every file is an asset owned by a wallet. (NFTs, Cryptos)
every exchange is a transaction from one wallet to another.
There is no permission needed from a central authority to post anything on the web, there is no central controlling node. This also implies freedom from indiscriminate censorship and surveillance. Also an Artist or owner of a Service can directly by connected with his Audience.

There is so many usecases for NFTs and I will try to give you some examples:

A Newcomer Musician wants to drop an Album. He brings out  a NFT Collection with 1000 assets for a specific price.
He defines on the Roadmap that all revenues will be used to create his new Album. Fans of him buy the NFT.

The Musician gets the revenues straight to his Wallet (No other controlling Node is needed) and can start to work on his Album.
Now you might say: come one this is crowdfunding = nothing new with that. But here it comes.

By owning one of the limited NFTs = it's like the fans own a specific percentage of the Musicians work. (Investment)
So the Musician could share to all NFT Folders airdrops. (For Example he could write in to the Roadmap: after hitting 500k sales / 20% will be
distributed to all NFT Holders). Also with holding an NFT the fans would be able to participate collectively in the DAO voting
for future decisions. Huge Part is of course that it is also like Social Club.
Another usecase is that the Album could be then stored in the Blockchain.. and whenever the Fans are listining to it
the Artist gets directly the revenue to his Wallet. Again no Node like Spotify is needed.

The same would work with Youtubers, or  Movies.
It is already used for Games, where your NFT is your Character and by playing
you get tokens on your wallet: With this tokens you can upgrade your Character,
Breed new ones and sell them or swap them to cash it out.

Even Real Estate or tons of other Fields can be covered by this Solution.

A friend of mine explains it  very well by making a analogie for the Cartoon series "Adventure Time"

Again: what I shared is just a little piece of it. There is SO much more to it
Please keep going with your questions. It's very important for me that you understand the huge benefits of it.
Again because I think there are some high level Spiral Dynamic Elements in it and its a important part of the evolution.
Don't get distracted by trashy quick money making ideas. Of course some people will use
it just for that. But there is way more to it. And I see myself as a advocate to make you aware of that
in the early stages.

Thanks for your open-mindess.

4 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

It's all cool, but why do you need NFT's for that?

I explained it on the post above ;)

3 hours ago, Something Funny said:

Exactly, haha. You can create a community and gather money for good causes without jumping on another internet hype train.

Edit: @bensenbiz I am trying to be open-minded though, so could you explain what is exactly the point of NFT and why it is crucial in creating something like what you described? Personally, for me NFT looks like another internet hype /  pseudo investment get rich quick scheme similar to crypto, reddit coordinated stock market purchases, etc.

post above please ;)

1 hour ago, JosephKnecht said:

What is the vision and roadmap of your community? What are you trying to achieve by organizing? 

You should be careful because most NFT as second-layer tokens are created to prop up the value of the first layer token (usually ETH).

Vision/Roadmap can be anything - please read my answer to Leo above.
True its based on a Blockchain Technology. Ethereum or Solana are pretty famous for it now. Iam mainly in the Solana World because the Gas Fee's are pretty low. on Ethereum you need to pay a high gas fee for each Transactions. Solanas fee is lower and it's faster.

10 hours ago, bensenbiz said:

every user IS a wallet.

spoooooooky - not sure if i would connect that to any kind of currency. i mean the idea in itself is nice because it would be possible to protect intelectual property  data. 

but connecting it to a capitalistic system in sense of crypto currency is spooky, i don’t understand how this works in sense of ideas like creative commons and so on.

i‘d def try to think also into this as a dystopic future. the fast money part somehow sounds suspiscious, so i don’t really buy the efficency in saving the amazonas with this.

Edited by mememe

7 hours ago, bensenbiz said:

every user IS a wallet.
There is no permission needed from a central authority to post anything on the web, there is no central controlling node. This also implies freedom from indiscriminate censorship and surveillance. Also an Artist or owner of a Service can directly by connected with his Audience.

This is the future. 

7 hours ago, bensenbiz said:

True its based on a Blockchain Technology. Ethereum or Solana are pretty famous for it now. Iam mainly in the Solana World because the Gas Fee's are pretty low. on Ethereum you need to pay a high gas fee for each Transactions. Solanas fee is lower and it's faster.

Solana is not decentralized enough. You need a supercomputer to become a validator. 

I agree with your idea about Web3, but I feel you need a better understanding of the underlying technology.

36 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

This is the future. 

Solana is not decentralized enough. You need a supercomputer to become a validator. 

I agree with your idea about Web3, but I feel you need a better understanding of the underlying technology.

i know the details. But I dont think its effective now do trop some deep tech knowledge. I just want to give the community a right Handshake with the Topic of Web 3.0. there is lots of misconception about what this is and the true potential gets loss.

Thanks for the info. I think I need some time to process that stuff. 

42 minutes ago, Epikur said:

Thanks for the info. I think I need some time to process that stuff. 

Yeah take your time, its a rabbit hole in the beginning. ;) 

anyway I need more questions. I feel a bit  like having a god realization and pointing to everyone the truth but nobody cares or thinks I am crazy ?

i dont wanna write in 5 years. Guys I told you back than and refer to this Thread. The Possibilities are unlimited!

What you crypto folk don't question is whether decentralized communities are actually of much quality.

Of course you can decentralize things. But you gotta wonder, why has mankind created centralized communities for 10,000+ years? Because they were stupid, or because they were actually smart?

Centralization is not an automatic bad, and decentralization is not an automatic good.

Centralization offers many advantages, most importantly it addresses the problem that most members of a community are simply not capable of vision and leadership, therefore giving them power can be a disastrous error.

If Actualized.org was decentralized it would devolve into a toxic shithole.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Centralization offers many advantages, most importantly it addresses the problem that most members of a community are simply not capable of vision and leadership, therefore giving them power can be a disastrous error.

Compare the centralization of the People's Republic of China to the desentralization of India or the United States.

@bensenbiz

19 hours ago, bensenbiz said:

Hello everyone,

I need you guys to be open-minded about this Topic
Disclaimer: This is not about making quick money and getting rich !!

I am a part of the Actualized community for about 7 years. I remember watching a video from Leo about authenticity and being so inspired by that, so I followed my wish to study acting and quitted my job. Before that I was studying Computer Science and I worked several years for Apple. Obviously spiritual and creativity was missing so that's why studying acting was so important at that time.

After finishing my acting education I was spending 2 years by travelling the world and deepening spirituality. I also got some ego deaths and felt like I was reborn. I needed some new life purpose as the acting world was too superficial at that time.  I had definitely  hard time to integrate the insights and being able to take part in the society.

But as you guys now: with time I was able to integrate and having joy in participating in society stuff. I was highly interested in Crypto, as I like the idea of decentralization. Further more the NFT Scene got my attention and I fell in love with the idea of creating a DAO (decentralized autonomous organization).
Basically its Tech + Creativity + Selflessness combined. Let me explain shortly:

NFT = Non-fungible token.
Is a file based on the Blockchain - each of the NFTs are unique and can’t be replaced with something else.
Like A one-of-a-kind trading card. Its unique and often limited and there for valuable.

How does it work to create a NFT Community?

First you need an Idea what the Community is supposed to be about: It can be saving specific animals, saving the Amazonas or simple creating a mental health community or even a conscious community with the goal of creating a health center. There is basically no limits. Every day there is over 30 new Projects coming in to the market at some are just for fun but lots of them have really good utilities and great roadmaps to change something for good.

When the idea is ready: you have to be clear about your vision and roadmap. People are buying the NFT because they want to be a part of something which resonates with them.

Than you also need to create your collection of NFTs which is one of the coolest parts: you need to decide the amount and the mint price for that.
classic amounts are 100 - 10000. Everyone who bought an NFT can verify himself and is in the DAO. So they will have for all future decisions a vote right.
As the Collection is limited and the community grows. It's also possible to list your NFTs in the secondary market and make some money with it. But this is
just a small part of it. The Main idea is about creating a like-minded community where people can collectively follow a purpose.

I can't explain you guys how excited this is for me. It combines every interests of me. And this is just the beginning. Web 3.0 is
on his way and the Internet will be changed in a drastically way. i felt obliged to share that with you guys as I am pretty active here.

Btw: I already created one Project and it has over 10 000 Members and it's a wonderful feeling to see how it works.
The vibe is tremendously good and we are deciding everything as a DAO. This NFT Space has an unbelievable potential.

@Leo Gura  I would be highly interested in your opinion about that.

Also it was difficult for me to explain everything ( also obviously not a native english speaker/writer ).
Obviously there much more details to it.
I am definitely an expert in this field and gained a lot of experience in the last years.
So any questions are welcome!

Cryptocurrency is selflessness + creativity + tech? What about the volitile nature of cryptocurrency investing and scams?

So basically speaking, the NFT non fungible tokens, which operates within cryptocurrency, is like an anarcho commune site in a communist state?

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course you can decentralize things. But you gotta wonder, why has mankind created centralized communities for 10,000+ years? Because they were stupid, or because they were actually smart?

You can not scale up society with the current way society is organized. 

Most people delegate major decision-making to the head of family, head or corporation, head of state. 

In a large and complex society, decision-making can't be delegated to these "heads" because there is no way in hell Mr. Biden knows what is best for 300 million people. He can't hold that complexity in his head. Nobody can.

Decentralization only works when members of a community are independent thinkers who think with their own heads.

Your job is to create independent thinkers that think for themselves and don't delegate their thinking to another head. 

If Actualized.org was decentralized it would devolve into a toxic shithole.

Have little more faith. 

One day YouTube might delete your channel.

Then you will be looking for decentralized infrastructure to connect with your "toxic shithole" :) 

1 hour ago, JosephKnecht said:

You can not scale up society with the current way society is organized. 

Most people delegate major decision-making to the head of family, head or corporation, head of state. 

In a large and complex society, decision-making can't be delegated to these "heads" because there is no way in hell Mr. Biden knows what is best for 300 million people. He can't hold that complexity in his head. Nobody can.

Decentralization only works when members of a community are independent thinkers who think with their own heads.

Your job is to create independent thinkers that think for themselves and don't delegate their thinking to another head. 

Have little more faith. 

One day YouTube might delete your channel.

Then you will be looking for decentralized infrastructure to connect with your "toxic shithole" :) 

I was open for questions:
At least someone who understands what's going on.

There is so many details and benefits that I am suprise how narrow minded the reaction are.
And I am missing smart questions: instead I see accusations ^^
It's a sign for me there is still a lot of work to do. And maybe that you guys are not so open minded as I thought ;)
But after getting too much destructive comments - I lost even the drive to discuss. Because I wanted to have a open conversation about it but I feel way too much negativity. Maybe I am to sensitive here but I have so many Projects going on..

we will talk after a while when you realize that you understood it wrong or saw it in a narrow way.
mark my words ;)

BTW: @Leo Gura I am aware that decentralization is not automatically better then centralization.
But it doesn't need to be this black and white thinking. We have a DAO in our Community.. but the core (let's say people are able to see the vision more then the other ones) have more weight on their votes. So yeah we need to start at some point.. because clearly like @JosephKnecht mentioned it. One guy can not now whats best for xxxx people. Also interesting  that you guys are not impressed by owning your own Data....

hmm anyway..
love you guys ;)

8 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

In other words, it doesn't work ;)

@bensenbiz You bring up some interesting ideas, but I would need to see some evidence of these things working before taking it seriously.

There is no good evidence that crypto is a net positive vs net negative for humanity. So far it's mostly hype held aloft by wild speculation and blind hope in decentralization. A libertarian fantasy. And NFTs are even more sketchy.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@bensenbiz You bring up some interesting ideas, but I would need to see some evidence of these things working before taking it seriously.

There is no good evidence that crypto is a net positive vs net negative for humanity. So far it's mostly hype held aloft by wild speculation and blind hope in decentralization. A libertarian fantasy. And NFTs are even more sketchy.

There is already great usecases. Deal, I will give you some evidence sir ;)